Author Topic: The real deal on the world of bodybuilding and going pro  (Read 7074 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: The real deal on the world of bodybuilding and going pro
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »
I never was or will be an IFBB pro, but I have been a judge fan, competitor and serious bodybuilding enthusiast for over 30 yrs.
If you are serious about wanting to turn pro, here is my 2 cents:
1. After 2-3 years of sewrious training and minimal to no drugs compete in the novice class of an aerea NPC show. If you do well there and come in hard , move up to the open in a qualifier. If you win there get some feedback from the judges and plan to do a Jr National show. At this point you might consider doing some serious drug cycles.Chart out a year or more long rpogram to hit a pro qualifier like the USA or Nationals. If you can't even place in a Mr Podunk novice without much juice however, pack it in.

2. *Learn about DIET diet and more diet. As you advance this will be the key to getting ripped.
Max out on LEGAL supplements BEFORE you do the vitamin S .

3. Learn your body and start to stick with exercises and body part routines that work for you.
More than 90% of guys with a few years of serious traing would do a lot better if they did exercises suited to THEIR needs and didn't flat BB bench , barbell  reg squat or deadlift off the floor.
Bob Chic is 100% right on this. Once you have a good basic foundation of size and strength , drop the basic power stuff as your main deal.

4. * A little goes a long way- Learn how the drugs work with YOUR body as you grow and do them one at a time BEFORE you cycle different ones at the same time.

5. Learn what cardio works for you and be consistant but not crazy doing it.

6. Work your weak points and be honest about what they are to yourself.

7. COMPETE! When you feel ready, sign up for a show and compete . You have no idea what you REALLY can do unless you get up on the stage against other guys/girls.

8. Don't quit early on. Guys like Phil Heath are rare , really rare in bodybuilding and that is why they call him "the gift". Bob Chic competed for 13 yrs on the national level before he got his pro card.

9. Bodybuilding takes $$ and without a steady income you will be a bum and end up doing , well I think we know  :P  Seriously, get an actual education and career outside of bodybuilding going while you trying to climb up the NPC ranks . This is VERY important in the long run, trust me.

10. Be consistant- You are in this for a marathon not a fast but over quickly sprint. Take it one work out and one show at a time.

11. Be visible, friendly  and present a good image when at shows and bodybuilding related stuff.
Remember it is in the end a judged sport. Don't let being an assclown ruin your shot.
Porject confidance on stage and don't do crazy distorted angle twisting poses .

12* be like guys who accepted real hardcore bodybuilding for what it is ( like Chic, Jay , etc)
Don't get my kind of attitude or you won't be able to handle all the crazy crap in bodybuilding and end up being an an old fart wannabe (like me hehe) posting some tired old advice on getbig.com in 20 yrs.

Howard

The Lift Studios Muscle PhoneTM already said this exact same thing.  ::)

Welcome to last week, Howie!
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
Maybe one day though Squad. 
you'll get there as long as you drug connection doesn't run out.

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »
The USA needs to significantly increase (six figures) it's teachers salaries. This will make teaching an appealing option for intelligent University graduates.

Eventually the retards who teach today will be disposed of because of the massive influx of extremely qualified applicants.

And our children - and future - will be safe.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »
The USA needs to significantly increase (six figures) it's teachers salaries. This will make teaching an appealing option for intelligent University graduates.

Eventually the retards who teach today will be disposed of because of the massive influx of extremely qualified applicants.

bullshit, if they don't like it they should have chosen another field, we all know why teachers choose that profession, there's no physical work, very little stress and you get summers off and winter and spring breaks.

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »

Your name is Jetpower, lol.  

hip thrust - goose

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 03:42:10 PM »
I never was or will be an IFBB pro, but I have been a judge fan, competitor and serious bodybuilding enthusiast for over 30 yrs.
1. After 2-3 years of sewrious training and minimal to no drugs compete in the novice class of an aerea NPC show. If you do well there and come in hard , move up to the open in a qualifier. If you win there get some feedback from the judges and plan to do a Jr National show. At this point you might consider doing some serious drug cycles.Chart out a year or more long rpogram to hit a pro qualifier like the USA or Nationals. If you can't even place in a Mr Podunk novice without much juice however, pack it in.

2. *Learn about DIET diet and more diet. As you advance this will be the key to getting ripped.

3. Learn your body and start to stick with exercises and body part routines that work for you.
More than 90% of guys with a few years of serious traing would do a lot better if they did exercises suited to THEIR needs and didn't flat BB bench , barbell  reg squat or deadlift off the floor.
Bob Chic is 100% right on this. Once you have a good basic foundation of size and strength , drop the basic power stuff as your main deal.

4. * A little goes a long way- Learn how the drugs work with YOUR body as you grow and do them one at a time BEFORE you cycle different ones at the same time.

7. COMPETE! When you feel ready, sign up for a show and compete . You have no idea what you REALLY can do unless you get up on the stage against other guys/girls.

8. Don't quit early on. Guys like Phil Heath are rare , really rare in bodybuilding and that is why they call him "the gift". Bob Chic competed for 13 yrs on the national level before he got his pro card.

9. Bodybuilding takes $$ and without a steady income you will be a bum and end up doing , well I think we know  :P  Seriously, get an actual education and career outside of bodybuilding going while you trying to climb up the NPC ranks . This is VERY important in the long run, trust me.

10. Be consistant- You are in this for a marathon not a fast but over quickly sprint. Take it one work out and one show at a time.

11. Be visible, friendly  and present a good image when at shows and bodybuilding related stuff.
Remember it is in the end a judged sport. Don't let being an assclown ruin your shot.

12* be like guys who accepted real hardcore bodybuilding for what it is ( like Chic, Jay , etc)
Don't get my kind of attitude or you won't be able to handle all the crazy crap in bodybuilding and end up being an an old fart wannabe (like me hehe) posting some tired old advice on getbig.com in 20 yrs.

Howard

meltdown

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 03:43:26 PM »
bullshit, if they don't like it they should have chosen another field, we all know why teachers choose that profession, there's no physical work, very little stress and you get summers off and winter and spring breaks.
You get what you pay for:

$34k/year = our current army of retarded teachers

$100k/year = PHD graduates and qualified professors

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »

people still can't seem to grasp the simple concept that the amount of money you earn is directly related to the amount of money you generate for a business, plain and simple, capitalism at it's finest.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »

Not with our current system of no competition and teacher's unions making it impossible to get rid of bad and mediocre teachers.  Break the back of the teacher's unions, create true competition with vouchers, and then I would be in favor of six-figure teacher's salaries.  Under the current system, it's just tossing more money down the crapper.
Ron: "I am lazy."

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »

So what you are saying is that by raising the salary you will drive retards like me out of teaching ??? :o
Yeah, it is real "easy" and "stress free" to try and teach a room full of teens a core subject like Math, English or Science. They are all so eager to always learn and never try to act up in class, etc  ::).
Perhaps some of you should get certified and give it a shot 'eh?
Then , you will get rich like me hehehe.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 08:31:41 AM »
those who can't do...................... ...teach. :D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 09:26:55 AM »

Howard

Wayy off on that one Howard ...................

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
Thanks to you and the other guy that said something positive.
Of course it is far better to post a U tube link about fighting midgets as that has a LOT more to do with bodybuilding than my posts/threads ::)
where are these fighting midgets you promised to post?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 11:30:12 AM »
Great advice there.

But i would prefer a more "gh15" style. ;)

gh15 would only tell you that you need to up the dose,,the consistancy ,,the duration and the number of products,,always remember friends that for the npc symetry condition counts most! for the ifbb its the size,,,symetry you are born with you cant do shit about it ,,the rest can and will be influenced by hormones and later on by other drugs,,,

the ones who over due the growth and do not have the frame and syemtry to begin with are the ones that will end up looking the worst and will never become professionals,,see palumbo see many others,,some will skip into a professional card ,,lifters like greg k that had the bone frame and structure to pull it out before it all became a mess

the most important thing to understand about bodybuilding at advanced levels ,,and i consider advanced anything past local,,is that its all about how the type of drugs you use inorder to achive the look you want,,,the ones who claim natural and clean status are always playing with trenbolone ,,winstrol ,,,oxandrolone,,masteron,,suspension and prop,,the ones who admit for the use of hormones are always on watever test they need,,dianabol anadrol like candies,,nandrolone decanoate a favorite etc etc

both groups are always in chase of the growth hormone,,infact some bodybuilders seem to like trying diff brands of growth like it is a block buster video store sreostim,,humatrope,,norditropin,somatogen,,seizan,,jintropin,,ansomone,,somatrope,,(all chinease are garbage by the way),,in any case the chase after growth is enourmous and every one who says that they dont use it is usually lieing among state competition andhigher

now,,paper thin skin and elasticity of the skin ,,well you know the drill ....the liars will say its from them eating 7 meals a day for the last 57 years none stop never skip one,,and the honest ones will tell you its due to the duretics in combination with hormones and diet to some! degree

you need to be very very much into and inside the world of hormones and related products inorder to EVER GET A PROFESSIONAL CARD,,in addition to you need the muscle shape and the phenominal respomd to those hormones,,
inorder to become top amatuer yuo simply need to stick to the drugs and maintain consistancy in the gym ,,

you can achieve both of the above ,,professional and amatuere status,,by having AVERAGE GENETICS,,infact most of us bodybuilders suck because we got no height ,,the truly blessed bodybuilders stand 5'10 -6'1,,they usually can pull a look even looking worse than the 5'7 since they are over towering him thuse always will be considered wider,,,bigger,,the 5'7 will have to out weigh the 5'10 by a lot inorder to ever look as impressive to the eye
fallen angel

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »
thanks for pointing out the obvious, what would we do without you? :D

hahahah, what would we do with out this gem

;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »

An experienced  high school teacher with a PhD will have bigger base salary  than most professors.
Our  districtscale will max  in the high 80's for a PhD or EdD and 25 yrs experience.If I adjuct at one of the local U's 1 night a week and teach summer school somewhere I can get close to 6 figs soon. Our scale STARTS in the 40's for no experience and only a BS/ BA.
Most small college profs make in the 40's- 50's base salary.
Now, a full prof at class 5 major research U  or Top Tier school like Yale will make serious bucks.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 04:43:54 PM »
You have started a Fire Howie a change is coming.Nice work they are moving and deleting threads all over this place.IFBB Drug Rule = No Drug testing Pros. ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 05:11:03 PM »
An experienced  high school teacher with a PhD will have bigger base salary  than most professors.
Our  districtscale will max  in the high 80's for a PhD or EdD and 25 yrs experience.If I adjuct at one of the local U's 1 night a week and teach summer school somewhere I can get close to 6 figs soon. Our scale STARTS in the 40's for no experience and only a BS/ BA.
Most small college profs make in the 40's- 50's base salary.
Now, a full prof at class 5 major research U  or Top Tier school like Yale will make serious bucks.
1. How did a thread go from, how to turn pro, to teacher salery.
           2. Howie stick to teaching and let someone more knowledgeable about bodybuilding like GH15 tell people how to turn pro
           3. If you are against bodybuilding drugs then get off Getbig. :P

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 05:41:24 PM »

haha, Funny stuff.  So, you can get dogs fixed to have sex with them?  Tell me more. ;D
I think everyone on here should have some video up, to get a better idea of the person.
N