Author Topic: Before the internet BB boards/forums...  (Read 6342 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Before the internet BB boards/forums...
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »
Before we had get big and similar forums:
1. I felt bodybuilding was a pretty good sport overall.
2. I enjoyed meeting other bodybuilders.
3. I felt confident most people liked me.

Now after, get big.... :'(
If this place were any more negative, it would = the USA national debt.
Of course if you are like me and keep comming back , you are asking for it.
Kinda like when someone is going to fart and gives you a quick warning of the comming blast.
Instead of moving away you stick your face near their butt and take one to the face.
That is what get big is like...taking a stinky fart in the face and asking for another :P
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Before the internet BB boards/forums...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:02:17 PM »
We got the truth about bodybuilding here.

Without it, the powers would stull deny synthol, drug use, G4P, etc.

Now they downplay it, but accept the fact that ppl know the truth about the sport.  Which is GOOD.  You have LESS 17-year old kids believing they will be Mr O if they train hard enough.  They're more realistic with their goals.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:11:18 PM »

Without it, the powers would stull deny synthol, drug use, G4P, etc.

Now they downplay it, but accept the fact that ppl know the truth about the sport.  Which is GOOD.  You have LESS 17-year old kids believing they will be Mr O if they train hard enough.  They're more realistic with their goals.

I was just about to post this exact statement!  ;)
just not good enough

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »
Howie you must be making some scared here as they are DELETING all threads mentioning IFBB Drug testing rules that don't happen.The fire has started.Soon you will be banned from here.Nice work keep up the fight. ;D

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »

Kinda like when someone is going to fart and gives you a quick warning of the comming blast.
Instead of moving away you stick your face near their butt and take one to the face.
That is what get big is like...taking a stinky fart in the face and asking for another :P
Your threads have gone from crap to severly stinkin shit. Please stop. I knew I shouldn't have clicked on it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »
Your threads have gone from crap to severly stinkin shit. Please stop. I knew I shouldn't have clicked on it.
seriously this shit is getting downright pathetic now.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 04:40:23 PM »
seriously this shit is getting downright pathetic now.

its like some kind of chemical imbalance

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

Face it, positive happy sites are just boring.  I've tried posting on other forums, where I could actually learn something or just have regular conversations...it's dull.  Getbig, people blast each other and make me laugh, more importantly.  A few threads here and there, I'll be crying in laughter...much better than most sit coms.   ;)
N

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »
Howie W please Kill yourself. Thank you and have a good day

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »
For a Great laugh ask Bob Chick about the IFBB Drug Rules now that's a Fukin Classic.IFBB Drug Rules = No Drug testing for the Pros. ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »

Isn't truth always better than lies?

Take the red pill, Neo, not the blue...  c'mon, you can do it.
Ron: "I am lazy."

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »
"its all genetics and hard work!"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 06:31:44 PM »
"its all genetics and hard work!"

"This month's breakthrough: SQUATS WORK!"

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 07:11:22 PM »
it is good to have the truth out in the open but here is another question . How many feel that sites like this actually make it easier for kids to get on the sauce (now they know the pros do it so they have to, use as well type mentality)  the one positive is at least the kids would get a bit better info then learning by trial and error like a lot had to do back in the day

i think this place is a riot and its great that what pros do put there two cents in do. i am actually surprised the ifbb hasn't put restrictions on the guys when dealing with the public ( like no getting into it with internet people)
Odilly

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 07:22:20 PM »

you mean we couldn't rely on FLEX and Muscle & Fitness to tell us the truth about bodybuilding?  ???

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »
Internet stars, heroes and villains all ask questions and poke fun at others. I ask Bob questions and he considers I am making allegations. That is the mentality around here.

Anyone with ideas will soon find dissenting opinions on Getbig which, I suppose, is a service in a way. If you want to find really oppressive people then go to the 'scientific bodybuilding' sites!

What can happen on line is that opinions can sort of gel and individuals will find it hard to change how others see them no matter what they do or post. Eg., how many think Bob C is an IFBB stooge? There is power in the keyboard afterall. Goodrum gets his serving of putdowns no matter what he posts. People still call him 'Vince' even when he posts under his real name Melvin. There you are.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
Internet stars, heroes and villains all ask questions and poke fun at others. I ask Bob questions and he considers I am making allegations. That is the mentality around here.

Anyone with ideas will soon find dissenting opinions on Getbig which, I suppose, is a service in a way. If you want to find really oppressive people then go to the 'scientific bodybuilding' sites!

What can happen on line is that opinions can sort of gel and individuals will find it hard to change how others see them no matter what they do or post. Eg., how many think Bob C is an IFBB stooge? There is power in the keyboard afterall. Goodrum gets his serving of putdowns no matter what he posts. People still call him 'Vince' even when he posts under his real name Melvin. There you are.

and your questions were answered, one by one...to which you had no comment...as is often the case when you are exposed as someone who thought they knew what was happening in the bb world.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »
Bob, this is just a discussion board. You come here to defend yourself like it was your duty. If you want to come clean then how about posting what you did to prepare for that Masters contest you won recently? Did you use illegal drugs? Did you inject any substances into your muscles? Did you use diuretics? You see, if you did any or all of these things then you can hardly be against other pros doing so. Well, as long as it is not obvious, right?

The amusing thing is I have been calling you a stooge for perhaps a year now and many others now use the same word. There is no way others would do so if they didn't see the same thing.

Hope this helps.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »
Bob, this is just a discussion board. You come here to defend yourself like it was your duty. If you want to come clean then how about posting what you did to prepare for that Masters contest you won recently? Did you use illegal drugs? Did you inject any substances into your muscles? Did you use diuretics? You see, if you did any or all of these things then you can hardly be against other pros doing so. Well, as long as it is not obvious, right?

The amusing thing is I have been calling you a stooge for perhaps a year now and many others now use the same word. There is no way others would do so if they didn't see the same thing.

Hope this helps.

All it shows is there are more like you, wasting peoples time on these boards....you're an ignorant old fool. I gave you plenty of chances to make a valid counter to your questions/ accusations...you chose instead, to ramble on incoherrantly about anything BUT, the discussion at hand....showing eveyone you're incapable of defending yourself...no surprise there....you're talking out of your ass....again.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 08:18:52 PM »
All it shows is there are more like you, wasting peoples time on these boards....you're an ignorant old fool. I gave you plenty of chances to make a valid counter to your questions/ accusations...you chose instead, to ramble on incoherrantly about anything BUT, the discussion at hand....showing eveyone you're incapable of defending yourself...no surprise there....you're talking out of your ass....again.

Hey chick do you get mad when people tell you "ALL DRUGS"?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »
Hey chick do you get mad when people tell you "ALL DRUGS"?

No...it shows they don't know what they're talking about and justifies their own excuses.

The Coach

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »

This place is so negitive because there is no control, too many gimmicks for starters.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »
This place is so negitive because there is no control, too many gimmicks for starters.

Oh, quit yer whining. 

So "negitive"  ::)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »
this is best place to get in your face bodybuilding with all the good and the bad,,there is a bigger following for  bodybuilding and a lot is because of the 10 + years this place is around,,everyone comes here even if they take their official name off or not write on it ,,,you all know shawn comes here and chris comes here and even kevin gets here ,,do you really think jason go to read musclemayehm when hes bored? when getbig is one click away... :D
this is big part of bodybuilding like it or not,.and some of the greatest bodybuilders ever were and are regulars here! this is actually one thing the internet era was good for with aspect to bodybuilding,,a youngster in thailand or in poland that is lifting weights can now be a lot closer to the place where it all is,,in arnold time you had to actually come to usa first and then think what to do ....now days you can start in your homeland and get to usa while people know about you long before you landed
fallen angel

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »

Dont you own the following gimmicks

JOELOCAL
COACH
MR INTENSEONE I
MR INTENSEONE II
MR INTENSEONE III
CHAMORRITA

And god knows how many more?