Author Topic: "Todays Bodybuilders Look Like Pregnant Women Freaks!"  (Read 16761 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: "Todays Bodybuilders Look Like Pregnant Women Freaks!"
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
 :)

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 11:31:03 PM »
Pregnant freaks? no way.
However he forgot one thing.
The average non bb people look pregnant now as well.

LEECH2004

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 02:39:20 AM »
Two weeks ago

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 02:47:39 AM »
I would much rather look like Serge than the guys of today.

absolutely, real muscle on him, guys today are filled up with strange substances here and there and dont look strong anymore.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 03:03:06 AM »
Serge didn't do ANY aerobics to cut up as he hated them. As a bodybuilders he loves the weights and so trained for many hours this way to get and stay cut. He states on his thread that he is well aware he could have achieved the same results from far less sets, but then he would have had to do aerobic work which he hated. That's hardcore bodybuilding
He is getting ready to guest pose at 70 years old in October.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 04:50:30 AM »
Long live the great SERGE NUBRET

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 06:47:43 AM »
"Todays Bodybuilders Look Like Freaks!" - Serge Nubret

Serge told PBW that todays bodybuilders look like "pregnant women freaks".  Also said that he does 50 sets per bodypart and does 2,000 situps at a time, IN ONE SET.  Eats 9 pounds of food per day.  800 grams of protein per day, and 5000 calories per day.  Still trains 3 hours a day at 70 years old.

Anyone believe that?

Not... and please don't believe anything he said in such interview (nice job by Bob btw),

He said he stopped training and eating 12 days before the show thats a lie!!!
why would you stay in Africa if you're not allowed to compete?
he did trained alot! he even said that most of his traning was filmed and then he refused to let it be used because he was too "proud to take $200.00.....

But he wasn't proud enough when told to go on stage at the last minute? knowing he hasn't been eating or trainning? and for free??

Please!!
He has the balls to say that Weider was affraid of him because he was so powefull and could take over th IFBB?
The guy had an EGO bigger than Arnold's and 35 years later he still the same cocky liar!!!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 06:54:58 AM »
Not... and please don't believe anything he said in such interview (nice job by Bob btw),

he did trained alot! he even said that must of his traning was filmed and then he refused to let it be used because he was too "proud to take $200.00.....

But he wasn't proud enough when told to go on stage at the last minute? knowing he hasn't been eating or trainning? and for free??

Please!!
He has the balls to say that Weider was affraid of him because he was so powefull and could take over th IFBB?
The guy had an EGO bigger than Arnold's and 35 years later he still the same cocky liar!!!

Hi Joe and Ben Weider

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 06:57:18 AM »
He just slayed Weider. 

Slew. The past of slay is slew; please stop butchering my language! >:(
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 06:58:45 AM »
Too bad he lies about never having juiced... ::)
I hate the State.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 07:01:31 AM »
Too bad he lies about never having juiced... ::)

believe me son thats the last lie to worry about,
there's not a single true in Mr.Nubret words.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 07:01:52 AM »
Whatever.  His prime physique is unbashable.  Most of us will never even come close.

He could claim that 12 lbs of fig newtons per day is the ideal diet.  Wouldn't change the fact that his look is what I strive for... not that I'll ever get there.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 07:16:59 AM »
Whatever.  His prime physique is unbashable.  Most of us will never even come close.

He could claim that 12 lbs of fig newtons per day is the ideal diet.  Wouldn't change the fact that his look is what I strive for... not that I'll ever get there.

you can get there by candlelight or is it much too far..

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:06 AM »
You're not so unappealing by candlelight yourself superstud.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 07:38:14 AM »
You're not so unappealing by candlelight yourself superstud.

high five!!!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 06:26:01 PM »
Serge Nubret doesn't mess around when he trains. He is the only person who goes up in reps as the weight gets heavier!

From my experience I would say that Serge was more right than Mike Mentzer re the requirements for hypertrophy. Many, many, many sets with a heavy weight for about 10 to 15 reps. The higher reps are so that a pump is obtained and cheating doesn't take over.

The guy is superman if he sustains that kind of training for hours. Where does he get the motivation and energy?

Serge had a big following in Europe in the old days. He could easily have been elected as IFBB president in an open election. Ben quickly discredited Serge and made himself life president.

The Olympia in 1975 was bizarre. They held it in a country that practiced apartheid! There is no way they could let a black man win that contest. Many felt that Serge was in better condition than Arnold. Surely 'Pumping Iron' was dishonest because the contest was between him and Arnold while Lou was not in the running.

Serge came to do a seminar at my gym but because there was an electricity strike not many were there. No worries, he said, and came back another day to do it. I mean, how many pros would do that? I have nothing but respect for Serge. He is a man among wimps as far as I am concerned.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 06:36:48 PM »
When Serge lays down a line of bullshit like this, you shrug it off because he had the physique of a god made mortal and one defers to great men.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »
Serge Nubret doesn't mess around when he trains. He is the only person who goes up in reps as the weight gets heavier!

From my experience I would say that Serge was more right than Mike Mentzer re the requirements for hypertrophy. Many, many, many sets with a heavy weight for about 10 to 15 reps. The higher reps are so that a pump is obtained and cheating doesn't take over.

The guy is superman if he sustains that kind of training for hours. Where does he get the motivation and energy?

Serge had a big following in Europe in the old days. He could easily have been elected as IFBB president in an open election. Ben quickly discredited Serge and made himself life president.

The Olympia in 1975 was bizarre. They held it in a country that practiced apartheid! There is no way they could let a black man win that contest. Many felt that Serge was in better condition than Arnold. Surely 'Pumping Iron' was dishonest because the contest was between him and Arnold while Lou was not in the running.

Serge came to do a seminar at my gym but because there was an electricity strike not many were there. No worries, he said, and came back another day to do it. I mean, how many pros would do that? I have nothing but respect for Serge. He is a man among wimps as far as I am concerned.

Yet, both Robbie Robinson and Wilf Sylvester won their classes at the Universe held the same place at the same time.....

No one felt Sere was better than Arnold...NO ONE. It wasn't even close.....

It WAS between Serge and Arnold as LOu ended up placing 3rd behind Serge.....amazing given the fact that Lou was a golden boy of Weider, and a white guy, right Basile?

Can't get much of anything right, can you?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »
Too bad you don't know enough about hypertrophy theory to question Serge properly. You didn't get much out of him at all.

You also have a hard time with comprehension because Serge mentioned more than once that he was tricked into believing he couldn't compete. So he got upset and couldn't eat or train. I wonder where those black guys were training, anyway?

To hold a contest in South Africa was bad judgement by the IFBB. Anyway, Arnold won in diminished condition so the movie was great and predictable. A pity about the oversight of Serge.

Serge was great to listen to. He won't endorse supplements because he doesn't use them. Not many like him around these days.

He agrees with me re modern professional bodybuilding but blames supplement companies who he feels influence the decisions because they are elected to run the sport. Not sure he is correct there but he has a point. He was right about all the federations being bullshit. Too bad Bob doesn't have opinions on this sort of thing because it would have been a much better interview. Get someone to interview those champs who doesn't have his head up the IFFB ass.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2008, 05:53:45 AM »

he did trained alot! he even said that most of his traning was filmed and then he refused to let it be used because he was too "proud to take $200.00.....

Please!!
Get your facts straight buddy. Serge stayed in South Africa to work for TV, covering the Olympia. The idea being that he could at least get some money back from his prep. He still came 2nd in the Olympia when he was allowed to compete, so "for free"!!!!! Check the 1st thread re Serge on PBW for the pics that PROVE the shape he was in when he first landed in South Africa.