Author Topic: Special Ed: A Suggestion...  (Read 2905 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Special Ed: A Suggestion...
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2008, 10:22:48 PM »
Well if DC's program is eating a ton, training with heavy weight for moderate reps and keeping a training log, then I pretty much knew that from age 16 after reading Arnold's Encyclopedia.

Epic re-inventing of the wheel and giving it a stupid name.

Vince Basile.......
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »
Honestly, I don't even know who Dante is or what Doggcrapp is. As far as I'm concerned, there is powerlifting and there is bodybuilding and nothing much has changed in the past 40 years:

1. You want to get strong, lift heavy, eat a ton, train lower reps and mix androgens and anabolics.
2. You want to get huge, lift heavy, eat a ton, train moderate reps and mix your androgens and anabolics.
3. You want to get shredded, cut your calories, up your cardio and take your Winstrol and gh and ephedrine.

IMHO, everything else is a gimmick, just like supplement gimmicks: Mike Francois's 100 sets per bodypart, Mike Mentzers 2 sets per bodypart, 100 reps, singles, all that shit is just a load of crap used to sell programs/product to the ignorant or gullible.

I think it has it's place to break up the monotony of training but for the most part I completely agree.
I

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »
Well if DC's program is eating a ton, training with heavy weight for moderate reps and keeping a training log, then I pretty much knew that from age 16 after reading Arnold's Encyclopedia.

Epic re-inventing of the wheel and giving it a stupid name.
no thats not really his plan at all.   dante is a sort of high intensity break off...not wuite like mentzer, but sort of similar... he has his clients warm up first, then do one working set...but he employs rest pause, static holds, forced negatives...and other intensity techniques to try and reach full exhaustion.   then after that one woring set, he always does weighted stretches on whatever muscle group is being worked.

he trains each body part twice a week, working out 4 days per week.