Author Topic: FDA seizes $1.3 million bodybuilding supplements  (Read 3275 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
FDA seizes $1.3 million bodybuilding supplements
« on: April 05, 2008, 03:10:47 AM »
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/04/fda_seizes_13_in_supplements_m.html
Federal agents seized more than $1.3 million in illegal dietary supplements from a Brighton business that markets products to bodybuilders, authorities announced Friday............

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: FDA seizes $1.3 million bodybuilding supplements
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:47:50 AM »
I was wondering when this would happen.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:24:47 AM »
I thought Goodrum lived in NC

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 06:12:58 AM »
Almost like a standard practice. For example, Gaspari used to include illegal steroids in their Haladrol-50 product. Now they sell a product named Haladrol Liquidgels, which is loaded with inactive ingredients and thus has zero anabolic activity. 

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 06:18:57 AM »
Almost like a standard practice. For example, Gaspari used to include illegal steroids in their Haladrol-50 product. Now they sell a product named Haladrol Liquidgels, which is loaded with inactive ingredients and thus has zero anabolic activity. 

LOL yo anassi i dont work there anymore, but i was one of the guys you cursed out over the phone lol.  I know ALLLOOOTTT more than what you just posted lol.....

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 06:22:14 AM »
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/04/fda_seizes_13_in_supplements_m.html
Federal agents seized more than $1.3 million in illegal dietary supplements from a Brighton business that markets products to bodybuilders, authorities announced Friday............
man i hope they seize all protien powders especially bodyfortress and eas all that shit ever did was make me break out, just like grains make me break out in the face what a load of shiet those products are
A

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 06:25:18 AM »
are you allergic?

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 06:26:13 AM »
LOL yo anassi i dont work there anymore, but i was one of the guys you cursed out over the phone lol.  I know ALLLOOOTTT more than what you just posted lol.....

WTF you are talking about? ;D FYI: I never fuckin curse :D Seriously, you are apperently referring to that Kneller conflict.. 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 06:30:49 AM »
WTF you are talking about? ;D FYI: I never fuckin curse :D Seriously, you are apperently referring to that Kneller conflict.. 

How does it feel to live in a country with practically no 3rd world immigrants? :D

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:34:38 AM »

HAHA YES!  I was the first one who picked up the phone haha.  You were so angry you were stumbling on your curses lol.  You pissed off the office manager something fierce haha, he tried to keep his cool n was pissed when he hung up haha.  I wish you would have goten Rich himself...he gets set off so easily it woulda been hilarious to see him go insane lol......he probably would have smashed his office up (no joke)....

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 06:37:00 AM »
HAHA YES!  I was the first one who picked up the phone haha.  You were so angry you were stumbling on your curses lol.  You pissed off the office manager something fierce haha, he tried to keep his cool n was pissed when he hung up haha.  I wish you would have goten Rich himself...he gets set off so easily it woulda been hilarious to see him go insane lol......he probably would have smashed his office up (no joke)....

LOL. So much funny shit have happened behind the scenes over the years that I could easily write a book or two. Unfortunately, I have no enough spare time right now. At least I can say I never sold out.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 06:37:41 AM »
are you allergic?

well it happens with alcohol and alcohol comes from grain aswell

i have perfect skin eating meat and fruits

if i eat anything processed i get acne,  i think my body can handle fructose from fruits but not the hard on the body sugars like grains wich have no fructose

any kind of acne is a sign you are consuming something wrong for the body
A

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »

How does it feel to live in a country with practically no 3rd world immigrants? :D

Well, I have nothing againts those 3rd world immigrants. If anything, they just remind us (Americans and Finns) how lucky we actually are that we have a plenty of food around etc.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 06:43:38 AM »
LOL. So much funny shit have happened behind the scenes over the years that I could easily write a book or two. Unfortunately, I have no enough spare time right now.

I could write a small book just on my 2yrs lol.  You have NO idea.  I probably worked at the most conflicting company there is.....one company was restricted from talking to us under penalty of termination haha.  I turned that place into a prank zone, no wonder im not there anymore hahaha.  At least i had fun!  I heard its boring there without me now and everyone keeps quitting haha (well, all the GOOD and SMART employee's have quit haha except for 2)  You should see where the first batch of a certain products raws were stored for 6 months lol......ok lemme stop or im gonna get a call from an angry fat guy threatening me hahahahaha

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 06:45:58 AM »
.ok lemme stop or im gonna get a call from an angry fat guy threatening me hahahahaha

Fat-Joe? ;D I recall calling him "Fat Face" (quite deservedly so) during that Kneller/MD.com conflict. Apperently, he didnt like that new nick name. :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 06:57:18 AM »
Suppwned.

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 07:00:34 AM »
You should see where the first batch of a certain products raws were stored for 6 months lol.

Im listening..  ;)

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 07:02:59 AM »
Fat-Joe? ;D I recall calling him "Fat Face" (quite deservedly so) during that Kneller/MD.com conflict. Apperently, he didnt like that new nick name. :)

Hes been called worse on many occasions (and had to take it) lol.  He thinks hes cool cuz he gets to hire all the women he spends most of his day wacking off to their pictures and talking about "she owes me big time, i got her on the cover, a bj would do" (and thats the sensored version lol). 

Rich was cool to work for some of the time tho.  He let us have fun most of the time and was always cool outside of work. His wife was cooler. In the end he was just a cheap fuk haha (once yelled at me for trying to throw out a $2 disposable mop while moving him out of his old house haha)

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 07:04:11 AM »
Im listening..  ;)

Think about the first few rules of storing raws.....then reverse that lol...im not going any further on that one lol....but you would have a FIELD DAY with my knowledge haha (and for anyone reading this thinking about enforcing my NDA or trying to scare me....i still have some "stuff" on hand  ;))

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 07:05:20 AM »
should anyone be surprised thatLG was popped? I mean how they or their lawyer thought that their products were legal within the DSHEA 1994 law and subsequent laws is way out there....

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 07:15:51 AM »
Think about the first few rules of storing raws.....then reverse that lol..

Outch :-X

While somewhat off-topic, I recall a goofy phone call from the MuscleTech official. I was eating a hamburger at McDonalds and this guy called about the MD Anator product review. He said that they dont want to disclose its ingredients (btw, the ingredient profile was taken from my MD article but they claimed it was developed by the UK scientist Paul Greenhaff). I was like "how the heck Im supposed to review your product if I dont have a clue what the hell it contains?!" Basically the guy was asking me to repeat all that marketing BS. Needless to say, I declined the offer. :) A couple of days later (Friday midnight; note the time zone difference) I got a call from Cara (a former assistant of Blechman) that I should email an apology (or something) because I publicly called this guy a retard or MT will pull their ads (their standard stunt). I was not able to use email because I was at home party, so I think Cara asked Musclemayhem moderator to remove my comment from their board.   

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 07:20:12 AM »
Outch :-X

While somewhat off-topic, I recall a goofy phone call from the MuscleTech official. I was eating a hamburger at McDonalds and this guy called about the MD Anator product review. He said that they dont want to disclose its ingredierts. I was like "how the heck Im supposed to review your product if I dont have a clue what the hell it contains?!" Basically this guys was asking me to repeat all that marketing BS. Needless to say, I declined the offer.  :)   

Noble.  Refused to disclose ingredients lol.  Well....maybe they dont want us to know what Cutler used to win the O!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 07:35:23 AM »
I was eating a hamburger at McDonalds and this guy called about the MD Anator product review. He said that they dont want to disclose its ingredients. I was like "how the heck Im supposed to review your product if I dont have a clue what the hell it contains?!" Basically the guy was asking me to repeat all that marketing BS. Needless to say, I declined the offer. :) A couple of days later (Friday midnight; note the time zone difference) I got a call from Cara (a former assistant of Blechman) that I should email an apology (or something) because I publicly called this guy a retard or MT will pull their ads (their standard stunt). I was not able to use email because I was at home party, so I think Cara asked Musclemayhem moderator to remove my comment from their board.  

wow

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 07:37:54 AM »
mannien why don't you do some research and admit anthony colpo was right ::)

you are doing your reputation as a science guy no good by denying metabolic ward studies that show calories are king when it comes to weight loss.
175lbs by 31st July

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 07:56:08 AM »
mannien why don't you do some research and admit anthony colpo was right ::)

you are doing your reputation as a science guy no good by denying metabolic ward studies that show calories are king when it comes to weight loss.

This is completely off-topic but those metabolic ward studies were included in this meta-analysis:
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/83/2/260?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&author1=Krieger&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT