Author Topic: Arnold talks about Pumping Iron being FAKE. I think he's lying.  (Read 4525 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Arnold talks about Pumping Iron being FAKE. I think he's lying.
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »
the first time since 1980 ???

also how can a man look better at 60 than he did in his late 20's?

E
Vince only gets an hour of internet use a day in the dementia ward.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »
I remember reading a book on arnold when i was younger, where he stated that he used to go camping with a fellow bodybuilder cant recall his name, but they would bring a barbell, 4 - 45's plates and 2 or 3 girls and do squats, drink, toke, and fuck, all day and night for the whole weekend.

When i read that as a kid, i got PUMPED i wanted to go camping when i grew up. ;D

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
OK. Let me see if I can break this down for your peanut brain...It was suggested to Arnold that for the re-releasing of Pumping Iron, he omit the weed scene, but he chose otherwise for the purity of the film and did not want to deny that he did in fact inhale, blah blah blah...

IF, now this is a big IF, are you understand this? IF Arnold was to deny any portion of the film, it would've been the weed scene simply because no other scene stood out as controversial as that one.

Get it? Got it? Goooooood...

Not too bright in putting two and two together, are ya?

How the hell is that scene controversial?

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 12:18:49 PM »
How the hell is that scene controversial?

Of course not in 1977. But prior to its re-release in 2002, Arnold was advised that scene should be omitted fearing it may cause some controversy possibly hindering his run for governor.

I'm not saying it's controversial, but others felt it was.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

This stuff was addressed years ago, in the 25th Anniversary edition of Pumping Iron DVD, in the “Special Features” portion, “Iron Insights”.

3 – It's safe to say that Arnold exaggerated the issue of drug-testing in the IFBB. Yes, he did talk openly about his past steroid use, as he always does (after all, steroids weren't illegal when he was competing). The IFBB does have testing. But, from what I've seen, it happens primarily among the amateurs; and most of that is internationally (i.e. outside the USA). But, Arnold used the term, "continuously" to describe the testing protocols. I think "sparingly" would be a better term.

Another thing he mentioned that you didn't list was his comment about getting a pump. Contrary to what certain supplement companies (i.e. VPX) advertise, Arnold DOES NOT believe that a pump is as gratifying as (or more gratifying than) an orgasm. The Oak says he made that up, as something outrageous to garner more attention to himself and the film. To him, the feelings are mutually exclusive.

#1- Arnold did not revel the bullshit about his Dad not really dying while he trained for the Olympia-he was OUTED by Wendy Leigh in her unauthorized biography of him. So the notion that he came out with it on his own is bullshit.

#2- Steroids were illegal in the 60's, they always have been, UNLESS you had it prescribed by a doctor. Arnold, nor any other BBers of that time, had their steroids prescribed by doctors.  So they were illegal for him to use.

#3- The IFBB is a professional BBing organization, they have nothing to do with amateur competitions.

#4-Arnold was LYING when he said a pump was like an orgasm. I am shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
OK. Let me see if I can break this down for your peanut brain...It was suggested to Arnold that for the re-releasing of Pumping Iron, he omit the weed scene, but he chose otherwise for the purity of the film and did not want to deny that he did in fact inhale, blah blah blah...

IF, now this is a big IF, are you understand this? IF Arnold was to deny any portion of the film, it would've been the weed scene simply because no other scene stood out as controversial as that one.

Get it? Got it? Goooooood...

Not too bright in putting two and two together, are ya?

"Are you understand this?"

What were you staing about not being to bright, again?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »
#1- Arnold did not revel the bullshit about his Dad not really dying while he trained for the Olympia-he was OUTED by Wendy Leigh in her unauthorized biography of him. So the notion that he came out with it on his own is bullshit.

#2- Steroids were illegal in the 60's, they always have been, UNLESS you had it prescribed by a doctor. Arnold, nor any other BBers of that time, had their steroids prescribed by doctors.  So they were illegal for him to use.

#3- The IFBB is a professional BBing organization, they have nothing to do with amateur competitions.

The IFBB has amateur organizations, among them are the IFBB North American and, of course the World Amateur Bodybuilding Championships (aka the Mr. Universe).

In fact, until a few years ago, the winner of the Universe qualified for the Olympia. During the years, where there was no overall winner, all the weight-class winners qualified for the next year's Olympia (i.e. Ronnie Coleman, who won the heavweight class in 1991, earning him a slot in the 1992 Olympia).

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 12:45:25 PM »
The IFBB has amateur orgianizations, among them are the IFBB North American and, of course the World Amateur Bodybuilding Championships (aka the Mr. Universe).

In fact, until a few years ago, the winner of the Universe qualified for the Olympia. During the years, where there was no overall winner, all the weight-class winners qualified for the next year's Olympia (i.e. Ronnie Coleman, who won the heavweight class in 1991, earning him a slot in the 1992 Olympia).

The IFBB does not do amateur competitions. In the USA it is the NPC.

The World Championships/Universe is a competition that is ONLY OPEN to qualified competitors who are trying to turn pro.

The winner of the World Championships/Universe has not been an automatic qualifier for the O for years.

And for the record ALL Universe winners, in every class were eleigible to compete in the O when they allowed that-it was not limited to an overall winner.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »
The IFBB does not do amateur competitions. In the USA it is the NPC.

The NPC is the official amateur feeder for the IFBB. And, the IFBB has its own show, the IFBB North American.

The World Championships/Universe is a competition that is ONLY OPEN to qualified competitors who are trying to turn pro.

Those competitors would be amateurs. And, the IFBB runs the Universe.

The winner of the World Championships/Universe has not been an automatic qualifier for the O for years.

And for the record ALL Universe winners, in every class were eleigible to compete in the O when they allowed that-it was not limited to an overall winner.

I beg to differ. Back when the Olympia was the only pro show, the Mr. Universe winners qualified for the Olympia. The weight class winners did all qualify, especially after 1991, when they stopped crowning an overall winner. However, when they reinstated the overall title (I believe that was 1994 or 1995), only that winner from the Universe got a spot at the Olympia.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »
What were you staing about not being to bright, again?

You tell me!  :D

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 04:21:22 PM »
#4-Arnold was LYING when he said a pump was like an orgasm. I am shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

No...he was telling the truth.  If you are getting pumped up in the gym and not feeling like you are coming all day, then you are doing it wrong.   ;D

Arnold was and is a showman.  He knew that a quote like that would draw people to bodybuilding like flies to sh*t.  If we could only get Coleman or Cutler to make these type of memorable quotes, you could possibly get people interested in professional bodybuilding again.  Of course, Coleman and Cutler don't have Arnold's charisma, so doubt that they could pull it off.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
No...he was telling the truth.  If you are getting pumped up in the gym and not feeling like you are coming all day, then you are doing it wrong.   ;D

Arnold was and is a showman.  He knew that a quote like that would draw people to bodybuilding like flies to sh*t.  If we could only get Coleman or Cutler to make these type of memorable quotes, you could possibly get people interested in professional bodybuilding again.  Of course, Coleman and Cutler don't have Arnold's charisma, so doubt that they could pull it off.

Jay not only has the body of a Fridge, he also has the personality to match.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
Earl, you have no idea about what Arnold used to look like. His face has changed. He was hardly what I would call handsome in the old days. He had a permanent make over for his movie and political careers.

Arnold liked to own people. He was one of the first bodybuilders to do that. That is what he is doing to Lou Ferrigno in the movie. He is also a first rate shit stirrer but most who are not the targer will laugh. Like the audience did when he said Lou was probably outside selling his photos at Arnold's show this year.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
Earl, you have no idea about what Arnold used to look like. His face has changed. He was hardly what I would call handsome in the old days. He had a permanent make over for his movie and political careers.

Of course not, im sure this ugly man got NO pussy what so ever, especially in a time when being a bodybuilder was considered abnormal and a circus freak ::)  Im sure you gave arni your hand-me-down twat in your days ::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »

Arnold liked to own people. He was one of the first bodybuilders to do that. That is what he is doing to Lou Ferrigno in the movie. He is also a first rate shit stirrer but most who are not the targer will laugh. Like the audience did when he said Lou was probably outside selling his photos at Arnold's show this year.

I do know what he looked like and yes his face has changed

he now looks old and wrinkled, back then he was handsome ;D

yes arnold liked to own people, reminds me of myself 8)

E

E