Author Topic: Castlenuts reps 225 for 50 reps  (Read 7086 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Castlenuts reps 225 for 50 reps
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 12:09:29 AM »
I don't even think he's good for 30 full. The last 10-20 weren't even half reps, they were quarters.  I would feel pretty goofy publicly announcing that I was about to bench 225 for 50 on and then film myself doing that. 

you know what your right...I myself have a video or two on youtube that can make me look pretty pathetic...But if i was going to release something, at least live up to what you say you are going to do...I don't know what is worse, Castle's 1/4 rep bench or Cormiers 1/4 rep pullups...I guess each pretty silly but who am i to talk...I'm a 35 year old man with 17 year old dancing behind me thinking i'm a god...I totally understand pathetic...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 12:11:48 AM »
I didn't see one full rep....... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 12:39:27 AM »
heres another guy who got made fun of for not locking out on the bench....

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

gh gets a pass for his posting ability...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »
True...

But I always do a little less than I could do with loose form.  So I am not pushing myself and using loose form.  It is that combination which I think is dangerous.

Today, which was very off for me, I think I could have done 430 with that same form, but that would be a potential injury risk, so I did not do that.  But I appreciate your comments, as I do not wish to be injures, so thank you.
spread your feet out a few more inches on each side and widen your grip about the same distance and your balance will be better, Matt.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 08:20:38 AM »

I expected to deadlift 410 raw no less than three times and no more than 6-8 (with eight being wishful thinking):

Did you seriously move your feet when almost at the top position?  Wow....you must want a back injury in the future.  One thing that helped me was some advice that John Parrillo gave me.  When you are about to go, 'preload' the bar.  Getting down, gripping, then take the 'slack' out of the bar (the bar will feel like its at tension).  My deadlifting improved greatly. 

There is some good advice about pushing through the floor and all...so you may want to heed it.   SF suggested the moving of feet....you are doing conventional stance, so moving the feet wider may have you do sumo deads...which can be easier to do.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 08:23:08 AM »
Did you seriously move your feet when almost at the top position?  Wow....you must want a back injury in the future.  One thing that helped me was some advice that John Parrillo gave me.  When you are about to go, 'preload' the bar.  Getting down, gripping, then take the 'slack' out of the bar (the bar will feel like its at tension).  My deadlifting improved greatly. 

There is some good advice about pushing through the floor and all...so you may want to heed it.   SF suggested the moving of feet....you are doing conventional stance, so moving the feet wider may have you do sumo deads...which can be easier to do.
he can move his feet out and still do a conventional pull, i saw his foot move on that and i just cringed, if his widens his feet and his hands he'll be able to maintain his balance.

Stavios

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »
good physique on that dude !

seems like a douchebag tho

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
The problem with his form is that hes on his toes.If he would pull with his heels jammed into the floor and pull the bar in instead of just up,he would be fine.He also needs to look about 6 feet in front of him at the start of the pull ,instead of straight down ,and lift the head as he comes to lockout.Most people miss at the top because they cant get their hips through.By pulling the bar up AND in the hips have room to come through instead of the bar being suspended 4 inches in front of you and the hips just locked up.I also think squads opinion about the grip more then the stance is good.

Stavios

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
You're the second person to tell me it was weak wrists which was the problem with my dumbbell presses.  Someone recommended that I beat off more to amend this.  Do you recommend bludgeoning the beefsteak to improve in this area?

I had a very below average day today, due to waking up early yesterday and perhaps needing a little more sleep tonight to fully catch up on that.  This will be my last day using NO-XS by Higher Power.  My final grade = C.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/higherpowernoxsreview.html

That said, I did not use it exactly as directed.

I expected to deadlift 410 raw no less than three times and no more than 6-8 (with eight being wishful thinking):

I named the clip "Sad attempt at 410."  Next week, I already suspect I will be having a very good back day.  Also, I want to point out, that whenever I see people deadlift 400, 500, 600, etc, even with bad form, I consider them strong because merely getting it up is strong in and of itself.

No offense Matt cause I like you, but that was the most stupid and dangerous lift I saw this month

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »

Are you kidding? Ronnie's reps were alot more quality than Castleberry's. Plus, I don't think Ronnie had ever made a strength claim in his life and Castleberry is all over his own nuts.

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 10:13:13 AM »
Anyone notice how their was just one plate on the right side of the bar at the end? I call bs...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 10:21:12 AM »
The problem with his form is that hes on his toes.If he would pull with his heels jammed into the floor and pull the bar in instead of just up,he would be fine.He also needs to look about 6 feet in front of him at the start of the pull ,instead of straight down ,and lift the head as he comes to lockout.Most people miss at the top because they cant get their hips through.By pulling the bar up AND in the hips have room to come through instead of the bar being suspended 4 inches in front of you and the hips just locked up.I also think squads opinion about the grip more then the stance is good.

I agree...

pull the bar up/in and against your shins and legs all the way up. use your bodyweight as an advantage when you pull.

8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 10:23:03 AM »
I don't care if this Castleberry kid's lifts are real or not......he constantly pushes everyone's buttons without trying and that makes me laugh.

Alex23

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »
I don't care if this Castleberry kid's lifts are real or not......he constantly pushes everyone's buttons without trying and that makes me laugh.

Without intending it.

Around here, if you do/have something others can't/don't have with even the sligthiest cocky attitude, bashing comes in full throttle.

Remember the bathub calf raise incident? ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:11 AM »
No offense Matt cause I like you, but that was the most stupid and dangerous lift I saw this month

Form wise, I'm sure it  was.

Weight wise, that wouldn't be dangerous for me unless I had 430-450 on the bar.  I admit it was an off day for me, but I could still have lifted more there.  The motion was awkward, but that situation above would be a lot more dangerous if I was using that same motion, but slowly rising the weight up, allowing time to put stress on various parts of the body.  As it was, that did not feel particularly heavy for me, and I don't think it was dangerous, but that form using 450 would have quite possibly been an injury.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Stavios

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2008, 10:56:56 AM »

Weight wise, that wouldn't be dangerous for me unless I had 430-450 on the bar.  I admit it was an off day for me, but I could still have lifted more there.  The motion was awkward, but that situation above would be a lot more dangerous if I was using that same motion, but slowly rising the weight up, allowing time to put stress on various parts of the body.  As it was, that did not feel particularly heavy for me, and I don't think it was dangerous, but that form using 450 would have quite possibly been an injury.

you won't think it is dangerous until it snap

you could fuck up your back even with 200lbs in that position

be carefull Matty  :)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2008, 11:42:37 AM »
i'd bet money Dingleberry couldn't rep 225 for full reps more than 15 or so.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 11:46:34 AM »

the difference between 410 and 430 is negligible in terms of causing injury. your form was horrendously dangerous, and if you keep it up you WILL hurt yourself, and you'll probably do it on a lift that isn't as heavy as you think you can go.

everyone think their back is just fine with terrible form until it gives.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 11:50:41 AM »

LOL man you really do seem like a good guy which is why i think people are trying to critique instead of flame you bro...you know how i threw out my back? Letting the weight down after a set of cable rows (not bending at the knees bending at the back) It doesnt matter how much weight it is the form is off, when you do warm ups you dont just get in there and start throwing weight around do you? no you concentrate on good form, you form should get better with heavier weights not worse.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »
i'd bet money Dingleberry couldn't rep 225 for full reps more than 15 or so.

I did see him put up a sloppy 455 at about a 220-225bw, so I am sure he could hit 15 full reps pretty easy.  

The guy definately a HEAVY over-exaggerator with a very arrogant attitude which I absoultely can't stand, but 455 raw in reality would probably completly crush 99.9% of the users on getbig if they were to try it.  So bash him but be real about it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
I did see him put up a sloppy 455 at about a 220-225bw, so I am sure he could hit 15 full reps pretty easy.  

The guy definately a HEAVY over-exaggerator with a very arrogant attitude which I absoultely can't stand, but 455 raw in reality would probably completly crush 99.9% of the users on getbig if they were to try it.  So bash him but be real about it.
i agree, a sloppy 455 should give you probably a GOOD 30 for full reps, maybe a couple more and that's exactly what he would have gotten if he'd done full reps, 50 plus full reps is the territory of mid 500's benchers.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »
you won't think it is dangerous until it snap

you could fuck up your back even with 200lbs in that position

be carefull Matty  :)

I respectfully disagree.  I've been lifting with the same form for years now and I've never had anything remotely close to a training injury.  I also spent years in the army and and a lot of the training there is not exactly back friendly.

The fact is, I don't get injured obviously due to genetics.  Same reason Bertil Fox never got injured despite consistently training with even worse form than me.  I train like this because I can get away with it.  I'm not saying my form doesn't suck or that I shouldn't try to fix it.  I'm merely asking that you acknowledge that yes, I can get away with it.

A lot of the people telling me to fix my form got injured doing movements much safer and with less weight than I use, so I am compelled to believe I am genetically inclined to not sustain injuries nearly as easily as most people.  Even today, my back feels fantastic and I've been sitting on the computer for almost two hours now.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2008, 01:42:03 PM »
if nothing else, mathias, it would behoove you to change form so your poundages go up. injury aside, the way you lift puts you at a terrible mechanical disadvantage.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »
TBH Matt's form isn't as horrible as some people are making it sound, the worst thing he did is move that foot which I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE DO IN MY LIFE but he only hitched it a little and he should have squatted down a little deeper to start the pull.