Author Topic: Castlenuts reps 225 for 50 reps  (Read 7085 times)

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Castlenuts reps 225 for 50 reps
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »
TBH Matt's form isn't as horrible as some people are making it sound, the worst thing he did is move that foot which I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE DO IN MY LIFE but he only hitched it a little and he should have squatted down a little deeper to start the pull.

lol he did a rounded lower back stiff leg deadlift.  Worst form you can possibly use.  Nothing correct about it.  And moving the foot.....i dont know WHAT to say....but if he deadlifts like that on a regular basis he will have back problems in the future without a doubt

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 01:54:09 PM »
I respectfully disagree.  I've been lifting with the same form for years now and I've never had anything remotely close to a training injury.  I also spent years in the army and and a lot of the training there is not exactly back friendly.

The fact is, I don't get injured obviously due to genetics.  Same reason Bertil Fox never got injured despite consistently training with even worse form than me.  I train like this because I can get away with it.  I'm not saying my form doesn't suck or that I shouldn't try to fix it.  I'm merely asking that you acknowledge that yes, I can get away with it.

A lot of the people telling me to fix my form got injured doing movements much safer and with less weight than I use, so I am compelled to believe I am genetically inclined to not sustain injuries nearly as easily as most people.  Even today, my back feels fantastic and I've been sitting on the computer for almost two hours now.
Man I sure hope so b/c a back injury can leave you out for 6 months or more, that statment sounds like a few famous last words but hey your body bro, but like magoo said if nothing else youll be able to put more weight in the air with better form.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
Too all,

I appreciate your comments and that is why I post videos to begin with.

Older people suffering from problems stemming from their youth applies to someone who had symptoms and did nothing about them, not so much people who train in a manner which would appear to be conducive to injuries but have no symptoms.

Long term joint and related problems do not just pop up overnight. Isn't it a little odd that after years and years of training the way I do above, that I don't have anything even remotely close to resembling an injury or pain or discomfort or anything at all? If I was like Tom Prince and on a slow drip IV of parabolin and a haze of nubain, maybe I just wouldn't notice. But being as body conscious as I am and opioid free, I would recognize the signs and do something about it.

Some people can just get away with it, and clearly I am one of those people. It's genetic.

"But Matt C, you are a young man, and that is why you can get away with it."

Not exactly...

Two people my age, and one who always criticizes my form, sustained back injuries.  Surely my age would be a factor comparing my lack of injuries to those of a more advanced age, but how do people explain my lack of injuries compared to those in my age demographic?

PS - correct form on the deadlift will result in more weight lifted, not less!  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 02:08:02 PM »

PS - correct form on the deadlift will result in more weight lifted, not less!  :)

FALSE!  If your legs are weak then correct form will result in LESS weight lifted.  Trust me, iv trained people to deadlift for a long time and iv had to correct this many times.  Also, weaker upper back will result in less weight lifted with proper form.  Improper form in the way demonstrated in the video = compensating for weak muscle groups with lower back, hams, glutes......and making yourself VERY succeptable to lower back injury with the rounding of the spine in the lift (rounding spine takes away full contraction of lower back leaving it vulnerable to injury!)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
FALSE!  If your legs are weak then correct form will result in LESS weight lifted.  Trust me, iv trained people to deadlift for a long time and iv had to correct this many times.  Also, weaker upper back will result in less weight lifted with proper form.  Improper form in the way demonstrated in the video = compensating for weak muscle groups with lower back, hams, glutes......and making yourself VERY succeptable to lower back injury with the rounding of the spine in the lift (rounding spine takes away full contraction of lower back leaving it vulnerable to injury!)

I didn't compensate for weak muscle groups, I didn't use them at all.  ;D  I didn't even really give my legs an opportunity to assist in the lift, but in all fairness, as small as my legs are, they are fairly strong.  It is predominantly hamstrings being utilized in deadlifts, is it not?

PS - how Rich is Rich Gaspari?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 02:29:19 PM »
I didn't compensate for weak muscle groups, I didn't use them at all.  ;D  I didn't even really give my legs an opportunity to assist in the lift, but in all fairness, as small as my legs are, they are fairly strong.  It is predominantly hamstrings being utilized in deadlifts, is it not?

Deadlift is full body.  Lower/Upper back, hams, glutes, and quads (yes quads).  If legs or upper back is weak, form will not be held on heavier lifts....and gleaming lower back weakness stands out when you see the lower back round (lower back is not strong enough to hold full contraction, which would be a flat and contracted lower back).  That was pretty much a ham/glute lift....YES proper form will lead to bigger DL...but that is after all imbalances are improved and the entire chain is strengthened....

Wouldnt know...havent seen him in almost a year and dont care to.  No grudge, just dont care to associate with cheap arrogant pricks (so the majority consensus says)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »

The form you have yes your hams are definitly the predominant leg muscle being used, but with better form its probably about equal if not more on the quad (at least for me b/c im short about 5'6" - 5'7") Your reasoning of genetics seems flawed to me but like i said to each is own. I really hope you dont get hurt but when you do let me know I know some good exercises to help out...

LOL im sure rich is pretty rich or at least comfortable beyond most people.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »
Thanks guys.  Keep in mind that I named the clip "Sad attempt at 410." (REF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501NGB1tM-A).  So it is not as though I am oblivious to the fact my form in that particular clip sucked.  Here is how I normally deadlift, whether it be with 135, 225, 315, 405, etc:

I would go up to say for example 410 for 3-6 with that same form, which is why the other clip I posted is particularly bad.  It bewildered me that I only got one poor rep out of the deal.

So if you are going to school me on technique, the above clip would be a better source to be assessed since that is more representative of my usual form.

PS - is Rich Gaspari worth 10 million?  ???  Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »
Thanks guys.  Keep in mind that I named the clip "Sad attempt at 410." (REF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501NGB1tM-A).  So it is not as though I am oblivious to the fact my form in that particular clip sucked.  Here is how I normally deadlift, whether it be with 135, 225, 315, 405, etc:

I would go up to say for example 410 for 3-6 with that same form, which is why the other clip I posted is particularly bad.  It bewildered me that I only got one poor rep out of the deal.

So if you are going to school me on technique, the above clip would be a better source to be assessed since that is more representative of my usual form.

PS - is Rich Gaspari worth 10 million?  ???  Discuss.
Better form but to me it sill looks like your doing a SLDL than a regular dead

It doesnt suprise me that hes worth that much i actually would have thought a little more.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »

It doesnt suprise me that hes worth that much i actually would have thought a little more.

Thanks.  I will keep everything you say in mind.

PS - looks like Rich Gaspari beat Lee Haney after all, at least in that respect.  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »
that was strong, sure, but he DEFINITELY cut those reps way short. my 25 at least got almost all of them to lockout and i'm sure as hell not on his level.

Yeah, and dont forget this is a lifetime natty

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »
Seconded. That first lift was 'diesel-weaselish' and my lower back got sore just looking at it.  :-X

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2008, 02:59:48 PM »
Thanks.  I will keep everything you say in mind.

PS - looks like Rich Gaspari beat Lee Haney after all, at least in that respect.  :)
I honestly would have thought it would have been more but hey for a lifetime of doing something you love, shit thats more than enough money

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »
looks to me like your weight is on the balls of your feet with every rep. seems like you're tipping forward and as a result the lockout is weak.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »
looks to me like your weight is on the balls of your feet with every rep. seems like you're tipping forward and as a result the lockout is weak.

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/showthread.php?t=4793

Fat Joe would be proud.  ;D

Bodybuilding Pro.com

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2008, 03:15:41 PM »
http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/showthread.php?t=4793

Fat Joe would be proud.  ;D

yeah, you locked it out, but it's obvious that's the weakest part of your lift. that's why your leg turned and why you hitched. even on your sets with 365 the last six inches are awkward and stilted. that's largely because you start tipped forwards and it's probably why when you DO lock it out you're leaned back like that.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2008, 03:16:15 PM »
yeah, you locked it out, but it's obvious that's the weakest part of your lift. that's why your leg turned and why you hitched. even on your sets with 365 the last six inches are awkward and stilted. that's largely because you start tipped forwards and it's probably why when you DO lock it out you're leaned back like that.

Zach_G85, teach me how to lift more.

PS - do you deadlift 600?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2008, 06:11:51 PM »
Full range of motion at least:

I say Castleberry is good for 30 like that.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

KingCol

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »

epic 3 inch range of motion  ::)

The 70's called.  They want their hair back.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2008, 06:31:49 PM »
  The 70's called.  They want their hair back.

Pubes too?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2008, 06:37:57 PM »
Why are you girls so obsessed with the kid? Does he make you feel like you miss on things?

MattC, you're gonna hurt yourself bro.

no shit... there's a million things wrong with that deadlift...the first one would be jerking it off the floor. Hope you enjoy a nice bicep tear... good lord.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
....Here is how I normally deadlift, whether it be with 135, 225, 315, 405....

your form is still shit

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2008, 07:49:04 PM »
that is some shitty deadlift form and youre going to get injured lifting like that.  You are barely bending your knees and you are rounding your back a bit.  You should try lifting less pounds, go slower, and concentrate on proper form.  You're obviously familiar with youtube, maybe you should youtube deadlift form and watch some videos.  See what you're doing wrong.  The approach and setup of the lift is real important.  Check this one out...

see how he sits back, thighs almost parallel before he moves forward and starts to lift?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »
that is some shitty deadlift form and youre going to get injured lifting like that.  You are barely bending your knees and you are rounding your back a bit.  You should try lifting less pounds, go slower, and concentrate on proper form.  You're obviously familiar with youtube, maybe you should youtube deadlift form and watch some videos.  See what you're doing wrong.  The approach and setup of the lift is real important.  Check this one out...

see how he sits back, thighs almost parallel before he moves forward and starts to lift?

Perfect form.

Takes a while to master it, but once you get it down you are much stronger.

8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2008, 08:02:24 PM »
Perfect form.

Takes a while to master it, but once you get it down you are much stronger.

8)

"perfect form" is BS when strength is the goal. look at konstantin or benni's pulls. they use very little by way of legs but they're both strong as shit. as long as you push with your heels and keep your lower back from rounding like a caterpillar, whatever muscle is most dominant (be it legs, hips, or back) will take the lift and that's fine.