Author Topic: THE TRUE ADONIS - Mr. NC Natural IFBN?  (Read 39713 times)

Bast175

Re: THE TRUE ADONIS - Mr. NC Natural IFBN?
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2008, 07:14:37 PM »
http://mattcanning.livejournal.com/396322.html#cutid1
Matt C's old car everybody.

The funny thing is, a few years ago I would have driven a tin box (like literally, a tin box - or even that Flinstones stuff) if it got me from A to B. I guess somewhere along the line my standards went up slightly. I am a man of utility. I'll say one thing, I did get my share of judgmental comments for driving a rusted 1989 Mazda 323, from people getting rides from me no less!! Sadly, not an isolated incident, although they were pretty rare. The reality of the situation is that I spent $900 on a car that lasted me three years and I accomplished all the goals I set out for myself in that time. That's called utility or prioritizing. I had my education and house to pay for instead of a fancy car that comes with lack of fuel efficiency and high insurance rates. I wouldn't be where I am now if I did it any other way. I'll say one thing, the second I hear a critical word about my new car from a passenger is the second they walk home. Beggers can't be choosers and I think some people need a lesson in gratitude or just knowing their place.

( Pictures of my Current Car )

New cars are never an asset and always a liability. They depreciate in value the moment you drive them off the lot by upwards of 25% and continue to depreciate from there. In some ways I take after my dad. I have his shoulders and back, I'm a conservative spender and big saver, I am a very easily pleased man, and most relevant to this post, I plan on driving clunkers for the rest of my life. If cars had a practical purpose other than going from A to B I would look at things differently. The owner of EBAY still drove his 1989 Mazda well into being a millionaire. It may very well have been the same model I own.

All in all, it's the same old thing going on in my life. The guys at MuscleTime.com have offered me free tickets to the Arnold Classic next year for helping to promote their bodybuilding DVDs. People won't just stop doing things for me. The cafeteria opens next Saturday. I have to say that as always, I've had my share of bad things happen to me, whether it be people trampling on favours I give them or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember as soon as my cell phone was ruined by those ice caps it didn't phase me at all - even knowing it would cost a lot to get the phone replaced. Same as when my car was broken into. No matter how much bad luck I have it seems nothing can get my spirits down lately. I think that finally after 24 and some odd years I am exactly where I want to be in life. I would be happy to have found my niche in life at 50, let alone at 24, and I think a lot of 50 year olds would be happy to find it too. I guess I'm too lucky to be angry or upset about anything for long - even for five minutes

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2008, 07:15:20 PM »
Thursday, August 24th, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:20 pm - New car. 
Well, sort of.

My friend offered to sell me his 2000 Civic and if all goes well I'll buy it next week and put a car starter in - otherwise it's loaded. All the reviews are good and it looks good too. I'm loving this car so far. Not too relevant, but it has good resell value too. I just want a good heater and a starter and a car that's not as old (ugly) as mine. Not brand new, but just not ugly and rusted.

Poor Matt... hahahah he is poor too. Didn't you claim to be a millionaire?
Epic 4 Cylinder with Plastic Hubcaps.  Brutal Cloth Interior. Monster 1997 Teal Green.
LOL Matt putts around town in this embarrassment of a vehicle.  Goodrum even has better taste in automobiles.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2008, 07:17:51 PM »
http://mattcanning.livejournal.com/396322.html#cutid1
Matt C's old car everybody.

The funny thing is, a few years ago I would have driven a tin box (like literally, a tin box - or even that Flinstones stuff) if it got me from A to B. I guess somewhere along the line my standards went up slightly. I am a man of utility. I'll say one thing, I did get my share of judgmental comments for driving a rusted 1989 Mazda 323, from people getting rides from me no less!! Sadly, not an isolated incident, although they were pretty rare. The reality of the situation is that I spent $900 on a car that lasted me three years and I accomplished all the goals I set out for myself in that time. That's called utility or prioritizing. I had my education and house to pay for instead of a fancy car that comes with lack of fuel efficiency and high insurance rates. I wouldn't be where I am now if I did it any other way. I'll say one thing, the second I hear a critical word about my new car from a passenger is the second they walk home. Beggers can't be choosers and I think some people need a lesson in gratitude or just knowing their place.

( Pictures of my Current Car )

New cars are never an asset and always a liability. They depreciate in value the moment you drive them off the lot by upwards of 25% and continue to depreciate from there. In some ways I take after my dad. I have his shoulders and back, I'm a conservative spender and big saver, I am a very easily pleased man, and most relevant to this post, I plan on driving clunkers for the rest of my life. If cars had a practical purpose other than going from A to B I would look at things differently. The owner of EBAY still drove his 1989 Mazda well into being a millionaire. It may very well have been the same model I own.

All in all, it's the same old thing going on in my life. The guys at MuscleTime.com have offered me free tickets to the Arnold Classic next year for helping to promote their bodybuilding DVDs. People won't just stop doing things for me. The cafeteria opens next Saturday. I have to say that as always, I've had my share of bad things happen to me, whether it be people trampling on favours I give them or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember as soon as my cell phone was ruined by those ice caps it didn't phase me at all - even knowing it would cost a lot to get the phone replaced. Same as when my car was broken into. No matter how much bad luck I have it seems nothing can get my spirits down lately. I think that finally after 24 and some odd years I am exactly where I want to be in life. I would be happy to have found my niche in life at 50, let alone at 24, and I think a lot of 50 year olds would be happy to find it too. I guess I'm too lucky to be angry or upset about anything for long - even for five minutes

"I would say that for my age I'm ahead of the game of life. Most people twice my age would be happy to be where I am. To be honest, I don't even care if I improve on anything from this day forward. I want to stay exactly as I am right now for as long as possible - though if I improve and if things get better"   :-\

Bast175

« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
Epic 4 Cylinder with Plastic Hubcaps.  Brutal Cloth Interior. Monster 1997 Teal Green.
LOL Matt putts around town in this embarrassment of a vehicle.  Goodrum even has better taste in automobiles.
Perhaps he should nail a wooden spoiler to it and add some asian dragons stickers. I think Matt C's car is a representation of his economic situation. Perhaps his agnosticism led him to believe that he could never truly know if it was a good car or not even though all of his senses and experience told him he was buying a lemon.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »
This shit is hilarious and Matt's loving it too because he's such a queer.   ;D

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »
lol.....brutal cloth interior

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »

My verbose verbage is vexed when I view this.

Bast175

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2008, 07:26:11 PM »

Muscle rant

Every night I work is another experiment in social psychology to me. I had more girls grabbing all parts of me last weekend than any other time. Why? Simply because being hidden in a mask or makeup allows a person to not have to own up to the social inappropriateness of the action. It is somehow inappropriate to grab some pecs. Shit, I say grab some delts while you're at it too, LOL. I am sick of these social constructs. We as human beings are nothing more than lumbering piles of DNA. Then again, maybe that type of behaviour would offend some people. Men and women alike are both just animals. The difference is that women are encouraged to follow these ludicrous social constructs where with men - nature wins (I stole this point from Dana). I always find it funny when a girl says she doesn't have sex or something because "I'm not like that." Not like what? Not a human being? Oh - they mean not one to risk avoiding a BS social norm in fear of getting judged by the conservative nutjobs who created such norms to begin with. Got it. I have some info for you: if you are a human being, you ARE like that, period - male or female. Hey, wanting to have sex is normal. It's a need like any other. It is tied closely with self esteem so I don't think throwing it around all the time is necessarily a good thing, but neither is purposely doing the opposite. Both the liberals and conservatives have some points which are utterly retarded. Let's intelligently lean to the left or to the right on an individual basis depending on the situation.

Just a point: there is a misconception I sometimes hear which is that muscle does not equate to strength or that bodybuilders are not strong. Bodybuilders today ingest full pharmacies and are probably not healthy, but they most definitely are strong. It is possible to look very healthy on the outside, but not be so healthy on the inside. But it is not possible to be incredibly muscular without being at least somewhat strong. However, you can be moderately built like I am and still be strong. But there is more to strength than muscle alone, e.g., placement of joints and bones, angles and speed of repetition and distance travelled (related to length of limbs). I want to be: healthy, strong, fit, and look good. In that order, but they are all important to me. But these are not just showy muscles!

I like that my healthy lifestyle reflects in how I look. Just as those who abuse drugs and don't eat a lot of food end up looking skinny and gaunt, you can tell what kind of lifestyle I lead in the entirety of my physicality. And I like that - it means what I'm doing is working. Further, I want my physical strength to be directly related to my mental strength and strength of character. That is important to me.

Now, take special note of the second video. Yep, you are in for another social psychology experiment. What you may have missed were the people in the background. To the left you see a couple of guys who were working out who stopped to watch me deadlift. But what's more is the cute blonde on the left who put her workout on pause to watch me. When that happens I like to say "I'm done with this now, did you want to use it for a set?" Always good for a giggle. I know all the lines too, ha! I will never take for granted the attention from women muscle garners - never. Muscle holds a place very dear to my heart. It will always be an important part of my life and if you know me, expect to hear about bodybuilding related things from me. Of course I could live without it, but I wouldn't want to.

I am definitely a suck for cuddly dogs. This is my friend's dog, who is also a suck, lol.

Some in my demographic would never be caught dead in a picture with a cuddly dog. Not manly enough I guess. See - men have to face social constructs too which are just as stupid as the ones imposed on women (more on this later!).
On Saturday, Alex and friends went as the cast of Saved by the Bell.

LOL!!!!!

What do you make of this?

STOP THE PRESS. Who is that sexy girl with Alex and why isn't her hand on my face? LOL.

turner98

• Getbig II
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2008, 07:27:20 PM »
The car ain't that bad, does the speed limit and probably cheap to run.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
I think Matt C's car is a representation of his economic situation.

this is never the case....

people either have the great lookin car they cant afford or the plain, ugly but reliable cheap car that doesnt even dent their wallet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2008, 07:29:20 PM »

Matt getting his grove on at the local High School Gradfest.

Bast175

« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2008, 07:30:13 PM »
I thought you said you were healthy and it reflected on the way you looked matt?

Issues of Health

I am pleased to report that on Tuesday I got a call from TBMC Diagnostic saying that I could come in for the ultrasound of my heart due to a cancellation. I was previously told that late November or early December would be my likely time slot. This was my final test after the cardiac stress test and chest X-RAY. Everything so far is excellent. Briefly: my diastolic blood pressure is in fact a bit too low. I'm trying to dig up research on this, but from what I can tell, low forties is a low measurement. I'm trying to pinpoint exactly what the normal range is since opinions on this tend to vary. My mom was right about that and was not just making assumptions. Or maybe she did assume, but did so accurately. Everything else is in the normal range. My heart muscle is on the higher end of the normal range in terms of thickness which could either always have been that way, or due to years of resistance training with heavy weights. My heart is showing no abnormalities though, and is of normal size, so all of my athletic endeavors didn't result in any enlargement. Imagine if I found out it was three times the normal size or something - wow. I feel sorry for chronic cocaine users - they are in for a rude awakening should they ever choose to get a scan done.

Scans like this can save your life. A scan like this WOULD have saved John Ritter's life. Take care of the one person in life who matters the most - you won't regret it.

PS - Linda is very brave. Ignore anything she may be doing wrong and pat her on the back!! No criticisms because all she deserves right now is praise (more on this later).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »

Matt C`s old Jalopy.

Matt C`s famous friends as previously seen on GETBIG.

Oiled up for fun and ready to go.  I wonder how long he held the camera before he couldn`t resist hitting a few Most Musculars and an Ab Thigh shot.

Bast175

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »
Epic way to spend your Friday night Matt. He also gives his views on American Idol and Simon

Friday, September 15th, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:25 pm - Extreme makeover.  
This show runs at around 2AM and sometimes I find it on TV at about the time I would normally be going to bed but I stay up and watch it. There was a love story on it last night and I fell asleep before finding out what the candidates looked like at the end.

It looked like I was opposed to the show somewhat here:

http://mattcanning.livejournal.com/177574.html

Rya speaks about a similar show:

http://de10tion.livejournal.com/24322.html

I despise Simon from American Idol lol.

But I don't think I'm against this show. What's important is that the producers pick good psychological candidates for the show. Plastic surgery isn't wrong in any blanket manner. It depends on the person. Some people should not be getting it. Some people should not be eating ice cream or playing video games. It doesn't necessarily mean those things are bad just because one or two people abuse them or can't handle them from a psychological point of view.

Now some people are violently opposed to this show. Some are perfectly happy with themselves and lucky them! No wonder they don't understand the feel good aspects of this show since they can't relate to people as perfect as them. Whatever happened to the aphorism "Don't judge a book by its cover." Well here's a little bit of news: people DO judge a book by its cover ALL the time. Better looking people are treated with more respect from others, get higher paying jobs, are assumed to be more intelligent, more perceptive, and pretty much favoured in every other way related to having a good life. The people in this show aren't inherently lacking in self esteem or self confidence - it is the REST of the world that has the problem. Some of these candidates ARE strong people and do everything they can to live a happy and fulfilled life. It's not their fault that the entire world judges them based on physical appearance.

Just do a test for me: doll yourself up and walk around in public and on another day do everything you can to make yourself look as bad as possible. Now tell me where you find more people holding the door open for you, or extending you courtesies, or anything else for that matter. Under what circumstance do you get the most attention from the opposite sex? Self confidence, being happy with yourself, etc, has little to do with it. Better looking people have better lives and get more respect from others. Now I guess my question would be: does this show just propagate more of this mentality?

This all said it would be nice if everyone reading this can gain one thing out of this: people really are nicer to better looking people. Stop that. Chances are pretty high that this applies to most people reading this as it applies to most people in general. Make it a point to only look at a person's personality. I am absolutely conscious of this and have been for years. It really is more of a subconscious thing. Although there are many times when physicality does reflect personality, e.g., physical fitness. Plus as zermatt pointed out, when a person is attractive it reflects on there being something right on a genetic level with their DNA. But when people slop on tons of makeup or wear fancy clothes it really doesn't reflect anything about their personality in a good way.  

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »

My verbose verbage is vexed when I view this.

LOL!!! @ this thread.  Who says getbig is going to shit?  ;D  That picture is begging for a photoshop, haha.

Matt C is a series of recessive genes not phenotyped since his family's great roots in Calabria.  Discuss.

Where can I buy the 2000 IFBN Natural NC Championships in which TA took the overall title?  Link me to where I can buy the DVD.  Also, is TA deadlifting 225 pounds for 113 reps shown in the bonus feature?  Which university did TA go to so that I can call the school and speak with some of his former professors about his research in physics which was part of his BS degree in physics?  As a math degree holder, I am particularly impressed with TA's interests in the science!!

Check out this dinner:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=136500.0

Quote from: THE TRUE ADONIS, April 2000
INTERESTED IN SEEING MY BIOGRAPHY CHECK OUT IFBN`S NATURAL PAGE.

Which bodybuilding organization is this?

Inspired Faith Broadcasting Network
Independent Farm Business News

?

Here is an unrelated picture:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=209502.0;attach=244658;image
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2008, 07:37:30 PM »
LOL!!! @ this thread.  Who says getbig is going to shit?  ;D  That picture is begging for a photoshop, haha.

Matt C is a series of recessive genes not phenotyped since his family's great roots in Calabria.  Discuss.

Where can I buy the 2000 IFBN Natural NC Championships in which TA took the overall title?  Link me to where I can buy the DVD.  Also, is TA deadlifting 225 pounds for 113 reps shown in the bonus feature?  Which university did TA go to so that I can call their alumni department and verify that he does indeed hold a BS degree in physics?  As a math degree holder, I am particularly impressed with TA's interests in the science!!

Check out this dinner:

?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=209502.0;attach=244658;image

hahhahhahah

http://mattcanning.com/IMG_0431.jpg

Bast175

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2008, 07:38:33 PM »

Where can I buy the 2000 IFBN Natural NC Championships in which TA took the overall title?  Link me to where I can buy the DVD.  Also, is TA deadlifting 225 pounds for 113 reps shown in the bonus feature?  Which university did TA go to so that I can call their alumni department and verify that he does indeed hold a BS degree in physics?  As a math degree holder, I am particularly impressed with TA's interests in the science!!

Check out this dinner:

?

+

=
Pwned

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2008, 07:39:38 PM »
TA is bringing it tonight, this shit is hilarious!!

turner98

• Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2008, 07:40:02 PM »
That's not Dolph Lundgren Jake Gyllenhaal

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2008, 07:41:23 PM »
MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2008, 07:42:36 PM »
All-out internet warfare. 

Musclephone missed this one!   >:(

;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »
 Matt Canning (mattcanning) wrote,
@ 2006-01-22 22:29:00

Put a fork in 'er she's done.
My car broke down for the last time today. Front axels are completely shot. Reminds me of those otherwise healthy people who suffer from a heart attack, but that's all it takes.

I've had bad luck with this car lately. Multiple problems plus a robbery. Not to mention another five or ten thou on a new car (which means bare minimum mortgage payments for a couple of months). I guess this is the "real world" stuff so many of my teachers used to complain about. Probably because they couldn't deal with these kinds and felt the need to warn others. Just a bump in the road in my book.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »

Matt getting his grove on at the local High School Gradfest.
we can only hope mattc can put the malocchio on you ,faccia brut...

turner98

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2008, 07:46:01 PM »
Matt was always a ladies man

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2008, 07:46:32 PM »
 Matt Canning (mattcanning) wrote,
@ 2006-01-12 22:03:00

Polygamy.
Something on the news was talking about how polygamy in Canada is illegal and explained the "reasoning" behind that - spousal and child abuse. ok, and what exactly does that have to do with polygamy?  I always thought polygamy referred to a relationship with more than two people, but now I realize the definition needs to be amended to include spousal and child abuse.

I asked my mother where the crime was in polygamy and she said "As a society we have to stand for something."

ok, and that something is what old fashioned people deem to be moral?  I don't even know why I even bother assuming she will have an open mind about anything.

For me personally I could never be polygamous. I couldn't handle it. But that's just me. Other people can do what they want though, as long as they aren't hurting anybody else without their consent (e.g., spousal and child abuse!).