Author Topic: Is God Cruel?  (Read 35341 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Is God Cruel?
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »
Get out your English dictionary and go back and re-read everything i wrote.  Because right now, it's either your ignorance or your lack of understanding of the English language that's showing.

Yeah, God bless you too, OzmO!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2008, 10:47:34 AM »
Yeah, God bless you too, OzmO!

Oh yeah i forgot deflection and avoidance when cornered or pinned down.

God bless you too, loco!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2008, 10:55:09 AM »

God bless us everyone!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2008, 10:57:48 AM »
God bless us everyone!

yeah, let's have a bless-a-thon so we don't have to deal with the truth.  All we have to do is deal with what ever beliefs that make us feel better.

God doesn't kill children.........  ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
Brevity is the soul of having your posts actually read.

Really?  :P

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2008, 11:26:30 AM »
As it is doubtful that any soldier would be interested in raping old women.

Exactly my point. Off with their heads.  :)

Deedee,
Why didn't you list the book and chapter?  Isn't this passage talking about what will happen to Israel at the hands of their enemies as a result of Israel's disobedience?

So? Violence is violence as prescribed by God.

Where in the Bible does it say that those virgins were later raped by the Israeli soldiers?  Are you sure the Israeli soldiers didn't take them as wives?  Sure, it's terrible for an Israeli soldier to take a virgin as his wife after he killed her people, but that is far from rape.  As a wife, she was subject to the laws that applied to any Israeli wife.

Interesting point. Why do we slam 50-year-old Muslim men for forcibly marrying 12-year-old girls then?  :)

We do because we look at it with modern, Western attitudes. That's my point. Many scenarios played out in the OT are despicable to us today, and we wouldn't dream of indulging in such behavior.

You've misread my posts. All I said was that cruelty is a human word and can't be applied to the all-knowing, all-seeing Creator. 

And yes, a blessing on everyone's head!!! 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2008, 11:58:24 AM »
Exactly my point. Off with their heads.  :)

No, I meant why would soldiers be interested in raping old virgins?  The passage simply specifies virgins, but nothing about rape, the virgin's age, body weight, body shape or looks. 

So? Violence is violence as prescribed by God.

That was actually an honest question.

Interesting point. Why do we slam 50-year-old Muslim men for forcibly marrying 12-year-old girls then?  :)

We do because we look at it with modern, Western attitudes. That's my point. Many scenarios played out in the OT are despicable to us today, and we wouldn't dream of indulging in such behavior.

You've misread my posts. All I said was that cruelty is a human word and can't be applied to the all-knowing, all-seeing Creator. 

How old were these virgins?  How old were the Israelli soldiers?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »
yeah, let's have a bless-a-thon so we don't have to deal with the truth.  All we have to do is deal with what ever beliefs that make us feel better.

God doesn't kill children.........  ::)

You must have lost your mind OzmO.  First you quoted me answering your questions to use my answers to slander anyone who believes that the OT is the word of God and put us all at the same level of radical Muslims.  Then you follow that by saying that I avoid answering your questions and dealing with the truth?   ::)

God has killed children.  When did I deny that?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »
You must have lost your mind OzmO.  First you quoted me answering your questions to use my answers to slander anyone who believes that the OT is the word of God and put us all at the same level of radical Muslims.  Then you follow that by saying that I avoid answering your questions and dealing with the truth?   ::)

Still playing the victim i see.

God bless you loco.

And when you have the courage to start answering questions and talk about the real issues without getting judgmental or failing to comprehend basic English or act like a cry baby or drama queen, we can continue our debate/discussion.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »
Still playing the victim i see.

God bless you loco.

And when you have the courage to start answering questions and talk about the real issues without getting judgmental or failing to comprehend basic English or act like a cry baby or drama queen, we can continue our debate/discussion.

Way to avoid my post.  Who is running now?  Who lacks the courage to start answering questions now?  Who is the drama queen now, OzmO?

Why do you keep saying that I'm avoiding your questions right after you quoted me answering your questions to use my answers to slander anyone who believes that the OT is the word of God and put us all at the same level of radical Muslims?

God has killed children.  When did I deny that?  Where do you get that I'm denying the truth?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »
Way to avoid my post.  Who is running now?  Who lacks the courage to start answering questions now?  Who the drama queen now, OzmO

Why do you keep saying that I'm avoiding your questions right after you quoted me answering your questions to use my answers to slander anyone who believes that the OT is the word of God and put us all at the same level of radical Muslims?

God has killed children.  When did I deny that?  Where do you get that I'm denying the truth?

Go back to your melt down.  :'( A few pages back. 
In fact go back to where i put question marks in bold. 

Just becuase you think you got me pinned down on  the "God doesn't kill children comment   ::), so now you are all ready to jump in and argue.

How pathetic.

Coward.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »
Go back to your melt down.  :'( A few pages back. 
In fact go back to where i put question marks in bold. 

Just becuase you think you got me pinned down on  the "God doesn't kill children comment   ::), so now you are all ready to jump in and argue.

How pathetic.

Coward.

I already answered your questions.  Why don't you have the courage to answer mine?  Talk about coward.   ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
Didn't Sisera later get a woman's touch w/a tent peg  :o

Yep, and an iron one at that!!!

However, I was referring the judge and prophetess, Deborah, who declared that Israel would be delivered from the king of Canaan and his captain of the guard, Sisera (iron chariots and all)  8)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »
I already answered your questions.  Why don't you have the courage to answer mine?  Talk about coward.   ::)

No you didn't.

And ever since you pitched a fit about me not answering questions i've answered yours and you conveniently ignored mine. 

Go back to where i told you go and start there.

Until then all you are doing is another one of your avoidance and deflection games becuase you can't handle the truth of the OT:

God is a murderer.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »

Seriously loco, OPEN UP YOUR ENGLISH DICTIONARY!   

THE POST WASN'T EVEN DIRECTED AT YOU!

Talk about paranoid.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »
No you didn't.

And ever since you pitched a fit about me not answering questions i've answered yours and you conveniently ignored mine. 

Go back to where i told you go and start there.

Until then all you are doing is another one of your avoidance and deflection games becuase you can't handle the truth of the OT:

God is a murderer.

Yeah, that's really mature and courageous of you.  My "avoidance and deflection games"?  Right after you yourself quoted me answering your questions?  Right after you used my answers to slander all who believe that the OT is the word of God?

Yes, God has killed children.  Where do you get that I'm avoiding the truth?  Why won't you answer my questions?  Why do you keep ignoring my questions?

Very mature and courageous, OzmO!   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »
Seriously loco, OPEN UP YOUR ENGLISH DICTIONARY!   

THE POST WASN'T EVEN DIRECTED AT YOU!

Talk about paranoid.

Sure, dumb Hispanics can't understand your posts because they are in English.    ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
Sure, dumb Hispanics can't understand your posts because they are in English.    ::)

What a cry baby!

Now you are taking my pointing of your inablilty to comprehend what i said and turning into a racist thing again?

Ahh you poor victim.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2008, 12:32:57 PM »
Yeah, that's really mature and courageous of you.  My "avoidance and deflection games"?  Right after you yourself quoted me answering your questions?  Right after you used my answers to slander all who believe that the OT is the word of God?

Yes, God has killed children.  Where do you get that I'm avoiding the truth?  Why won't you answer my questions?  Why do you keep ignoring my questions?

Very mature and courageous, OzmO!   ::)

No point in going on with you , Mr. Drama Queen, until you have the courage to go back to where you originally melted down and avoided my questions. 

Until then it's your basic "loco the drama queen game time."

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2008, 12:36:49 PM »
No point in going on with you , Mr. Drama Queen, until you have the courage to go back to where you originally melted down and avoided my questions. 

Until it's your basic "loco the drama queen game time."

Yeah, yeah...I'm a drama queen...whatever!  Let's move on.

OzmO,

How exactly are Jews and Christians a threat to society today simply for believing the OT is the word of God?

How exactly are Jews and Christians today remotely close to radical Muslims?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
No, I meant why would soldiers be interested in raping old virgins?  The passage simply specifies virgins, but nothing about rape, the virgin's age, body weight, body shape or looks. 

What you're forgetting, Loco, is that this whole issue revolves around Israel's idolatry and sexual misconduct. Again, the virgins females were spared, because they weren't part of Balak's plan (as guided by the rogue prophet, Balaam) to get Israel to backsliding.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »
loco, here's the point I think Ozmo is making to you. I think.

Radical muslims behave no differently today than many of the characters in the OT behaved, which includes many barbaric, ostensibly God-condoned acts.  Many Christians don't see from whence we came. And that does NOT condone what radical muslims do in today's world, just points out certain similarities between our own humble beginnings and their current behavior. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2008, 12:55:34 PM »

What does "women children" mean to you? To me it means young girls.

I doubt they conducted surveys or took sworn statements. They may have conducted forced gynecological exams (ech) or simply took the young girls and were done with it.

What you're forgetting, Loco, is that this whole issue revolves around Israel's idolatry and sexual misconduct. Again, the virgins females were spared, because they weren't part of Balak's plan (as guided by the rogue prophet, Balaam) to get Israel to backsliding.

Neither were old women, unborn children (there were surely some pregnant women who were slain) young boys, male babies. It was just a harsh world.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2008, 12:56:16 PM »
OzmO and loco, I know you both respect each other.  I also think you like each other but this is of course a tender subject.

Maybe if we all take a deep breath it will help out :)

Or you could all tell me to p*** off  :'(
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »

Thanks MCWAY!  I read your other post about this.  Very good!  I just don't understand where skeptics get that the virgins in this passage were raped by the Israeli soldiers.