Author Topic: looking at briefs for squatting...  (Read 11200 times)

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
Re: looking at briefs for squatting...
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 09:25:41 PM »
What federation are you lifting for? Some have requirements of "single ply only " like the USPF, then you have the IPA who lets ou use whatever you have whether it be single, double, hydraualically enhanced...giggle If you are allowed a double ply suit, I would do that rather than the groove briefs. I only have one world record and 3 state records in powerlifting, so my advice may not hold as much water as some of the guys on here... 8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that I should just not be such a damn pussy and start working into it! I haven't spent time squatting like I should and need to really work on getting it back up there! Squatting just isn't FUN to me.. but if I want to make a name for myself in this game in the next few years.. i gotta get that squat up there!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 11:45:48 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that I should just not be such a damn pussy and start working into it! I haven't spent time squatting like I should and need to really work on getting it back up there! Squatting just isn't FUN to me.. but if I want to make a name for myself in this game in the next few years.. i gotta get that squat up there!
If you're not squatting 405 for  12 reps at 90 degrees and you weigh over 180lbs then you're not squatting. I do this and I'm a masters competitor, get your pussy ass up under that bar and squat!!!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 09:38:01 AM »
If you're not squatting 405 for  12 reps at 90 degrees and you weigh over 180lbs then you're not squatting. I do this and I'm a masters competitor, get your pussy ass up under that bar and squat!!!

All natural too, no doubt!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 11:27:10 AM »

Better get that double ply stuff and a monolift then!  LOL  Any powerlifter can tell you who chuck Vogelpohl is.  Not as many can tell you who Robert Wilkerson is.  Its unfortunate, but true.  Raw guys just arent as renowned.

Jason

PS. I know who Robert Wilkerson is ands hes a beast!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »
What federation are you lifting for? Some have requirements of "single ply only " like the USPF, then you have the IPA who lets ou use whatever you have whether it be single, double, hydraualically enhanced...giggle If you are allowed a double ply suit, I would do that rather than the groove briefs. I only have one world record and 3 state records in powerlifting, so my advice may not hold as much water as some of the guys on here... 8)

SPF, SSA, APF (I know its multiply only, but they have several meets through the year relatively close by), SLP, and a couple of other federations all have meets within 300-400 miles (short roadtrip) of where I live throughout the year.  The gear I use now is all single ply.  I'm not at a point where I want to upgrade to multiply.   If I can get everything straight with work, I'm thinking really hard of doing at least one full SPF meet this summer and/or fall.   That's where the single ply breifs would be used if I can find a pair I like and am comfortable in. 

Also, I'm not looking for leggless "groove" type briefs--I nearly sterilized myself with a pair of Inzer groove briefs and a wandering testicle.   I don't want that to happen again.  I'm looking for something like powerpants or single layer predators.   I just haven't found any, so if anyone knows of a company making them, help.  ;D     Thanks. 

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »
I never used briefs, or a suit for that matter, but I love my Rehband shorts. They keep everything warm and tight. They wont put pounds on your lifts but they keep my hips, thighs, and glutes feeling fresh. You may want to try them?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »

sure you do. ::)

holy shit you're an uninteresting troll. i'm amazed at how poorly done your shtick is, honestly. i feel bad. go back to the drawing board and come back.

don't get me wrong, i don't trust 1RM calculators, but 405x12 gives us a guesstimation of 578 pounds for a 1rm. that's just barely under a world record in the 181 class in the ADAU (a raw fed): http://www.angelfire.com/pa/bigal/ADAUMENRAW.html

again, you're very, very bad at this.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 11:43:28 PM »
I never used briefs, or a suit for that matter, but I love my Rehband shorts. They keep everything warm and tight. They wont put pounds on your lifts but they keep my hips, thighs, and glutes feeling fresh. You may want to try them?

I've never used anything like that.  I'm a Hanes man. ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2008, 11:45:14 PM »

You can keep the hanes on too! :D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 09:07:17 AM »

briefs are GREAT for squatting. especially box squatting. i used boxers one time and sat on my nuts. bad bad bad.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
briefs are GREAT for squatting. especially box squatting. i used boxers one time and sat on my nuts. bad bad bad.

I don't like things flopping around and now that I'm getting older and I've moved down south during the summer, I bang my nuts into the back of my knees.   That hurts a bit.  A well fitted pair of briefs will smoosh your junk up and hold it there right were it belongs, no flopping, no slipping, no pinching.  Just nice gentle support. 

Briefs are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.  ;D

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
I talked to Inzer today about trying out a custom pair of briefs that are basically the bottom half of a Hardcore squat suit.  I'll post up what I think of them once I get them and work with them a bit. 

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2008, 07:32:11 PM »
Better get that double ply stuff and a monolift then!  LOL  Any powerlifter can tell you who chuck Vogelpohl is.  Not as many can tell you who Robert Wilkerson is.  Its unfortunate, but true.  Raw guys just arent as renowned.

Jason

PS. I know who Robert Wilkerson is ands hes a beast!

better recognize..those of us that need to know who he is..KNOW DAMN WELL! HAHA big black raw squats what.. mid 800's?  WHO ON THIS PLANET DOES THAT?!

not even in gear for a year yet..and is already pushing mid 800's and squatting almost a grand IN SINGLE PLY SHIT!  >:(