Author Topic: Help! advice needed, Im losing sleep over a girl #DATE OVER#  (Read 14467 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Help! advice needed, Im losing sleep over a girl #DATE OVER#
« on: April 13, 2008, 04:49:03 PM »
I have been talking to a girl at school for around 2 months, and my feelings for her are getting stronger and stronger.

Conversations are going and shes laughing at my jokes, we talk on msn and exchange kinda jokey text messages.

However im starting to realise that i really like her, but what SIGNS should i look for to indicate she is interested in me. Im terrible at taking things further than "just friends". I guess im scared of the rejection, and having to see her during group work/classes

PLease any advice cos its really starting to beat me up, im constantly checking my phone/facebook to see if she has messaged me and i cant stop thinking about her. Must sound pathetic, but i cant get her out of my head  :'(

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Help! advice needed, Im losing sleep over a girl
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 04:59:24 PM »

If you've been working on her for two months, you're already "just friends." Unless you're 2000miles away from her, and it's impossible to see her physically, you should meet up with her as soon as schedules allow. Why stay behind a keyboard if you can get it in person?
Good luck, but if you've yet to meet up with her after this long, I would say move onto another fish.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »
sorry my post wasnt too clear....i have been talking to her in person for about 2 months...as well as msn and text messages. im just very poor at reading if she lieks me form her body language....and also im poor at transitioning from friend/jokey convo to actually setting up a date outside of college.....

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »

I'll still standby my "2 month theory," if you've been talking to her that long you will probably be a friend forever and not too much more. For your sake, hope I'm wrong, and it's happened before that you go longer and things turn around.
Does she touch you at all? Like out of the blue while talking she touches your arm? How did you get her #? If she gave it to you (not you give yours to her), she WANTS you to call her for some reason- can you guess why?
Whatever she likes to do, say shoot pool, say you and some friends are going out to shoot some pool and invite her. At the last minute say they all backed out, but ask if she would still like to go out and play some or perhaps do something else. If she says yes, she likes you- may not want to get in your pants, but over the net....somebody can only do so much for you!

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »
uhhhhhh are you serious?

My advice is to forget about her and go workout, or join a dating forum and ask them for advice on how to grow a pair.
 ;D
JK, man if she's talking to you then she's interested enough if she's single then ask her out whats the worst that can happen ..... man up!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »
life's too short to wait on it.

you kiss her tomorrow.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 06:40:27 PM »
not ever having had a real girlfriend or relationship myself, i'd be the last one to give you suggestions or advice on something like this. you mention just 2 months though....in my opinion, that' s hardly long enough to really say u feel serious about someone.  if you have already slept with her though, it's already beyond a friendship, unless you were just looking to satisfy your sexual needs. a relationship takes alot of hard work and time. if you do want to get serious with her, ask her how she feels about it. if the feeling isn't mutual, then move on!   :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 06:58:54 PM »
life's too short to wait on it.

you kiss her tomorrow.
Bingo!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
Bingo!
agreed,if you don't step it up this next week you will always be "the awkward friend".

bench

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
You probably left it too long to make a move on her. She probably just sees you as a friend now. Get her drunk and see what happens.

Either she likes you or thinks youre a mate. Chicks dont typically respond to your messages if they arent keen.

Look for signs like twirling her hair etc.. body language is a good tool.

I'm surprised nobody has ripped you on this thread yet... so i'll do it for them. Man up you pussy pull your cock out and see what happens.  :o Joking

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 08:11:01 PM »
Harden the F*ck Up!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »
Man up you pussy pull your cock out and see what happens.  :o Joking
Brutal ripping on a kid for trying to be a nice guy. Asshole.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 11:17:06 PM »
Brutal ripping on a kid for trying to be a nice guy. Asshole.

I was joking, he needs to make a move or someone else will beat him to it.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »
An Update:

Im on a HIGH right now!!!!!. i took all ur advice about just goin for it and plucked up the courage to ask her if she wanted to maybe go for coffee or somthing and she agreed!!! :D i was a bag of nerves askin her but once she said yea it was euphoria!!! lol
i think i needed to be told to stop bin so scared so thanks guys!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 07:42:20 AM »

Not to burst your bubble, but just because she agreed to go to have coffee with you doesn't mean she'll take you to the bathroom to drain your vein.
Friends have coffee all the time. You've still got work to do and you still have to talk/show her you're more interested than a once a week coffee session that she can do with any guy on the planet. Be different than the rest...

Boost

• Getbig V
Re: Help! advice needed, Im losing sleep over a girl #UPDATE#
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »

Not to burst your bubble, but just because she agreed to go to have coffee with you doesn't mean she'll take you to the bathroom to drain your vein.
Friends have coffee all the time. You've still got work to do and you still have to talk/show her you're more interested than a once a week coffee session that she can do with any guy on the planet. Be different than the rest...

Yea sure i cant get too excited jsut yet....but i am justu so ahppy to have gone form seeing her 2-3 times per week in classes to actually organising somthing outta school. i gotta keep composed during this coffee meeting aswell....i dont wanna come across as really giddy

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 08:10:29 AM »
I can't imagine losing sleep over a girl. Maybe I'm a little jaded, LOL!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 08:43:21 AM »
I can't imagine losing sleep over a girl. Maybe I'm a little jaded, LOL!

Afterall, you are gay.... ;D ;D ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 09:14:04 AM »
Afterall, you are gay.... ;D ;D ;D

Homo!! :)

I just can't remember what being that excited over a chick feels like.

w8m8

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »
Yea sure i cant get too excited jsut yet....but i am justu so ahppy to have gone form seeing her 2-3 times per week in classes to actually organising somthing outta school. i gotta keep composed during this coffee meeting aswell....i dont wanna come across as really giddy

LOL , OK ,  I'm not making fun of you ,  you typed all that so fast it's pretty clear you are "excited" , just calm down somewhat before you start drinking coffee  ;)

You are too cute , it'll all be good , don't forget to open the door for her and pull out her chair  ;)

and be glad you're not old and jaded like the good Dr.  ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »
Homo!! :)

Are you married kaje?

...and you go Boost!!  Congrats and have fun.  Don't be nervous!
:D Weee

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 04:03:57 PM »
Are you married kaje?
...and you go Boost!!  Congrats and have fun.  Don't be nervous!

I didn't get the "boost" thing.

Not married. Hapily divorced with three kids and a girl who has managed to put up with me for almost three years.

I just couldn't get the guy's perspective especially on being all gaga over a chick. I may have crossed the line between wiser for a few experiences and jaded, LOL!

w8m8

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 04:12:45 PM »
Here's me thinking that Boost is going to grow old and remember this cool chick he was nuts about in college

and here's the Doc remembering a dead mouse , Marlboro cigarettes and stale Budweiser

::)

???

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 04:25:58 PM »
I don't think coffee is a good idea if he is this excited.

what does she look like?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
Here's me thinking that Boost is going to grow old and remember this cool chick he was nuts about in college

and here's the Doc remembering a dead mouse , Marlboro cigarettes and stale Budweiser

::)

???

Good times... good times. :)

He'd be very lucky have such powerful memories, LOL! Lots of people have had 'experiences' in odd circumstances. My sense of smell is pretty acute so things like that make an impression... good or bad. I've learned and would never even consider dating anyone with pets because the smell is just too much. Even when working I can tell how has pets due to how the clothes smell.