Author Topic: McCain overtakes Obama, Clinton by attracting Democrats  (Read 790 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
McCain overtakes Obama, Clinton by attracting Democrats
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:58:32 AM »
"John McCain has attracted disgruntled GOP voters, independents and even some moderate Democrats who shunned his party last fall."...

..."McCain may be benefiting as the two Democrats snipe at each other during their prolonged nomination fight."

http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-swing-voters

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: McCain overtakes Obama, Clinton by attracting Democrats
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 05:59:20 AM »
There is this guy who emigrated to the US years ago and got Naturalized there.  He said that he has never voted Republican and never will.  He has always voted Democrat, but he will not vote this time.  He strongly believes either Obama or Hillary will mess up the country even more, and he does not want that in his conscience. 

No matter what he believes or whether he is right or wrong, this is one example of one less vote for the Democrats.

All McCain has to do is sit back and watch Obama and Hillary destroy each other and thus give people like the guy above more reasons not to vote for either one of them.

nice fiction... It'll be a republican best seller ::)

Alot of repugs are claiming independnts and dems are supporting mccain.   Also this story is spun on the hillary and obama camps..

Nice fiction, Hugo?   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:03:15 AM »
The debates change everything.  Realize that.

When Obama stands next to McCain on NBC primetime with the whole world watching, we see the true men, and the winner is decided.

Everything right now will be forgotten.  Remember when Rudy and Romney were taking shots at each other and nobody cared about mccain, who had 2% of the vote?  Remember beach bum and the coach squirting all over each other in glee, when thompson arrived with his "incredible leadership skills", even though the guy couldn't think his wway out of a paper bag and was exciting as watching paint dry?

Everyone gets caught up in these moments and forgets the bigger picture.  The debates, 1 to 2 months before the general election, decide all.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 06:09:46 AM »
The debates change everything.  Realize that.

When Obama stands next to McCain on NBC primetime with the whole world watching, we see the true men, and the winner is decided.

Everything right now will be forgotten.  Remember when Rudy and Romney were taking shots at each other and nobody cared about mccain, who had 2% of the vote?  Remember beach bum and the coach squirting all over each other in glee, when thompson arrived with his "incredible leadership skills", even though the guy couldn't think his wway out of a paper bag and was exciting as watching paint dry?

Everyone gets caught up in these moments and forgets the bigger picture.  The debates, 1 to 2 months before the general election, decide all.

You may be correct, but my point is simply that this article confirms that what this die-hard democrat told me is not so far from the truth.  It's far from "fiction".  Now, the guy who told me this will not vote for McCain, but he will not vote for Hillary or Obama either.  He just won't vote this year, he said.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 06:11:43 AM »
Many people say that.

In my humble opinion, when he watches the debates or the news covers it more closer to novemeber, he'll either 'settle' for a candidate, or grow so irritated with the 'other guy' that he'll vote just to keep the bigger douchebag out.

What was that southpark episode where they have to vote for a school mascot?  One guy was a giant douche, i forget what the other was.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 06:13:52 AM »
Many people say that.

In my humble opinion, when he watches the debates or the news covers it more closer to novemeber, he'll either 'settle' for a candidate, or grow so irritated with the 'other guy' that he'll vote just to keep the bigger douchebag out.

What was that southpark episode where they have to vote for a school mascot?  One guy was a giant douche, i forget what the other was.

Yes, he might change his mind.