Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62724 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2008, 10:25:15 PM »
Fuck it, i'll just say it..Without Shaq i dont think kobe can get a championship..they blew a lead and he got shutdown..down 3-1, mentally he will be scarred for the whole summer..as for comparisons to Jordan, forget it, his 29 now this is kobe at his best...

Sorry beach bum, your team choked worse then any team in NBA finals history..Jordan would of never let that happen.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2008, 11:20:27 PM »
Kobe will probably be begging for a trade this summer again.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »
Kobe will probably be begging for a trade this summer again.
good to see is kobe is earning his contract..shaq taught him well.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #603 on: June 13, 2008, 12:44:59 AM »
CELTICS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge win, total back breaker for the Lakers.

I think its almost safe to say its over! i must admit the Celts D against Kobe was impressive overall.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #604 on: June 13, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »

Sorry beach bum, your team choked worse then any team in NBA finals history..Jordan would of never let that happen.

bwahahahahahaahahahahaha haha this is almost as good as this year's superbowl. ;D

Stop putting Jordan on a pedestal, Magic or Bird wouldn't let it happen either. Jordan was extremely fortunate to have never had to play great teams in the finals, thanx to dilution.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #605 on: June 13, 2008, 12:45:47 AM »
Lakers by 7 tongiht

I meant the Celtics by 7

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2008, 12:54:55 AM »
Fuck it, i'll just say it..Without Shaq i dont think kobe can get a championship..they blew a lead and he got shutdown..down 3-1, mentally he will be scarred for the whole summer..as for comparisons to Jordan, forget it, his 29 now this is kobe at his best...

have to say im disappointed in your quick trigger to dismiss Kobe. Give Bynum a year or two, add a solid point the Lakes will be contenders. Kobe has 3-4 years left in his prime. im truly afraid this will only fuel his fire. this summer Kobe will train his ass off. Kobe is the best player in the league and will be for years to come. Jordan was the best player well into his late 30's. didnt Jordan win his first title at 29 or so? The lakes need a point that makes other players better, i dont think Kobe does that ala 23. the older Kobe gets, the more of a supporting cast you put around him and he will get better. Kobe will get a ring or two when its all said and done, although if i had my way he wouldnt.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #607 on: June 13, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »
bwahahahahahaahahahahahahaha this is almost as good as this year's superbowl. ;D

Stop putting Jordan on a pedestal, Magic or Bird wouldn't let it happen either. Jordan was extremely fortunate to have never had to play great teams in the finals, thanx to dilution.
Pump youre way wrong. Jordan beat everybody. Barkley, Stockton/Malone 2x, Magic, Bird, the Pistons, Ewing and the Knicks! at that time the league was at its best. but yes Magic, Bird, Thomas would not let that happen

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: June 13, 2008, 01:04:26 AM »
have to say im disappointed in your quick trigger to dismiss Kobe. Give Bynum a year or two, add a solid point the Lakes will be contenders. Kobe has 3-4 years left in his prime. im truly afraid this will only fuel his fire. this summer Kobe will train his ass off. Kobe is the best player in the league and will be for years to come. Jordan was the best player well into his late 30's. didnt Jordan win his first title at 29 or so? The lakes need a point that makes other players better, i dont think Kobe does that ala 23. the older Kobe gets, the more of a supporting cast you put around him and he will get better. Kobe will get a ring or two when its all said and done, although if i had my way he wouldnt.
Two things in life..Results and excuses...kobe's play has been dissapointing, whats with all the fucken jump shots?? draw a foul, do something instead of bricking shots.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #609 on: June 13, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »
Two things in life..Results and excuses...kobe's play has been dissapointing, whats with all the fucken jump shots?? draw a foul, do something instead of bricking shots.

dont doubt Kobe, are you off the bandwagon? the guy will be back with a vengence mark my words. he is one of the greatest ever. wait till they get a point.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: June 13, 2008, 01:56:03 AM »
dont doubt Kobe, are you off the bandwagon? the guy will be back with a vengence mark my words. he is one of the greatest ever. wait till they get a point.
nah, the more he does the worse the other lakers become...i know these things man...
hopefully he proves me wrong.

body88

« Reply #611 on: June 13, 2008, 05:55:42 AM »
Lakers beat themselves. That first half proves it. They played poorly in the 2nd half, Boston took advantage of it.

They can still win.

I see.... The Celtics did nothing to win that game, huh?

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #612 on: June 13, 2008, 06:01:19 AM »
Shit I called it before the game and I called the series 4-1 at the get go. I actually have been saying celts since the KG/Allen deal went down.. WATCH OUT L.A. Boston is back on the map! Now let's hope my Bulls do something big. (wishful thinkin)

body88

« Reply #613 on: June 13, 2008, 06:02:49 AM »

The celtics want him to try and do everything. Peirce did a great job on him last night, and as a whole, the Celtics d has done a pretty good job on him over the series.

body88

« Reply #614 on: June 13, 2008, 06:07:43 AM »
Shit I called it before the game and I called the series 4-1 at the get go. I actually have been saying celts since the KG/Allen deal went down.. WATCH OUT L.A. Boston is back on the map! Now let's hope my Bulls do something big. (wishful thinkin)

I called it would go seven games, the Celtics would win both at home, and steal one out of the two on the road. They have a chance to close it out in LA, and since the loss was such a back breaker for the Lakers, they might be able to do it. For them to play that good, and have that kind of lead, and then to have the Celtics go in at half time, make adjustments, then come back to win by 7, has got to be extremely deflating.

I think the Celtics want it to much. People are not even talking about how the Celts are doing this, after playing five more games than LA, and having a bunch of nagging injuries to key players.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #615 on: June 13, 2008, 08:47:11 AM »
Everyone else can jump ship if they want.  I think Kobe still has something to say to the world before this series ends.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #616 on: June 13, 2008, 12:33:38 PM »
The celtics want him to try and do everything. Peirce did a great job on him last night, and as a whole, the Celtics d has done a pretty good job on him over the series.

most impressive D ive seen applied on Kobe over a series post Shaq. you dont see him frustrated over an entire span of 4 games like this.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #617 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »
You know the Celtics fans are secretly hoping that LA wins game five so the Celts can win the trophy in front of the home crowd. ;)

It would be quite a sight to see! Boston's a great city. Been there many times to visit friends. That would be one hell of a celebration in the city if they win the title.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #618 on: June 13, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »

I see.... The Celtics did nothing to win that game, huh?

they stayed in it, Lakers left when they had the 24 point lead and shot poorly. That first half was the best we've seen from them. They're still in this!  :)
Refs weren't an issue either.

body88

« Reply #619 on: June 13, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
they stayed in it, Lakers left when they had the 24 point lead and shot poorly. That first half was the best we've seen from them. They're still in this!  :)
Refs weren't an issue either.

You say the refs werent an issue, because the lakers have been getting all the calls - which is fine, its their house. The Celtics were the ones who shot poorly. Did you see the first half? Don't tell me it was because of the Lakers, wide open looks all over the place. I almost chucked my beer when Posey put up a brick wide open from three point land. Like I said, the Lakers defense is not making the Celtics miss shots. I don't see highly contested shots, or defensive stops from the lakers much. Every shot I saw in the first half of that game, was a wide open look - (pretty much). On the flip side, the Celtics came back, because the O woke up, and they made stops on the defensive side of the ball. The Celtics can consistantly make stops, and the Lakers can't.

Did you see the lakers defense in the second half, getting shredded at will by the Celtics? I'm sorry, but the Celtics are outplaying the Lakers when it matters, and they are doing it with a rash of injuries. Shit, the celtics where missing shots in the final minutes of the game, and they still won by six. Alen broke Sashas ankles, and every single laker was crying like a baby. I sweat, every single foul = lakers players crying. when the Celtics went smaller, and had a bunch of shooters on the floor, and KG on the block the Lakers couldent stop them.

The lakers are a very good team, and they are not out of it, but one of the next three games will be a complete game by the Celtics, and it will be over for the Lakers, IMO. Hopefully it ends in the next two games, the Celtics are wearing down.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #620 on: June 14, 2008, 06:22:48 AM »
bwahahahahahaahahahahahahaha this is almost as good as this year's superbowl. ;D

And over the hill Magic and Bird were fortunate that they didn't have to play at his peak...Or else he would have been raining threes, giving clinics on the fade away jumper...

Yeah, Kobe did well, but it's hard to not have such a dominate big man  such as Shaq, Penny Hardaway learn this as well. And he was a excellent ball handler.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #621 on: June 14, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »

I don't think they choked.  I think they just got outplayed by a better team.  I really thought the Lakers would take all three in L.A.  But Boston showed in the second half that at this point they are a better team than the Lakers.  As much as I hate Boston, I have to say "props to the Celtics."   

I really wasn't all that upset after the game, because as a basketball fan it was a beautiful thing to watch.  I am the world's biggest Kobe fan, but Paul Pierce shut him down in the second half.  Completely took him out of his game, starting with blocking his shot.  That was the difference in the game more than anything.

It was sort like having a bad dream where you can't wake up.   :)

I think Bynum will give us the presence we need in the middle next year.  (The Pau "Gasoft" comment was really funny.  :))

Anywho, I think this series is in the refrigerator.  The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard and the Jellooooo's jiggling.   :'(

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #622 on: June 14, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »

Anywho, I think this series is in the refrigerator.  The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard and the Jellooooo's jiggling.   :'(
finally, a smart laker fan!..

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #623 on: June 14, 2008, 10:29:19 PM »
I don't think they choked.  I think they just got outplayed by a better team.   

I think LA is a better team than Boston top to bottom but, the better team doesn't always win.

That's how LA beat my Spurs  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #624 on: June 14, 2008, 11:19:42 PM »
I think LA is a better team than Boston top to bottom but, the better team doesn't always win.

That's how LA beat my Spurs  ;D

I thought the Lakers were better top to bottom coming into the series and they were clearly playing better basketball, but that is not how it looks now. 

Now I have to spend part of Father's Day watching my Lakers get drubbed out of the playoffs on their home court.  :'(