Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62832 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »

I didn't imagine the Celtics beating the crap out of the west all year. The Celtics have the talent to win, and if they can be a mature basketball team I think they will be successful.

I said if the Celtics played the way they did in the last game of the playoffs no one could beat them, which is true. I didn't cite some game from the regular season. Hawks or not, the Celtics played complete basketball for the entire game during game seven, and they looked like the team they where in the regular season ( which when playing complete ball - beat all the best teams in the west).

If the laker's blew out the Hawks, and played pretty much perfect basketball and you said - " if the Laker's play like that for the rest of the playoffs - they won't lose) I would have no problem with that. I'm not saying that is going to happen, I'm simply saying that if the Celtics play like they did in game seven ( and like they did for the vast majority of the regular season), I don't think they will lose.

Spare me with the east west stuff, the Celtics record vs the best conference in the NBA says it all. They have the talent to win, it will come down to if they learn from what happened in Atlanta, and Rivers can hold them together as a team. Did they play at to high a level all year, I dont know. You could argue that they cant "turn it up a notch" in the playoffs, because they played at such a high level all year.

Most people are trying to think of any excuse to tell me why the Celtics won't win, and some people are telling me why they wont win next year. Fact is this is a very good basketball team ( that's still inexperienced as a team in the playoffs) that beat the best of the best all year during the regular season. If they play to their ability, they have a very good shot to win it all.

No one is taking anything away from the Celts performance against the West but it is hard to deny that a team like Atlanta would not have been in the playoffs in the West.  They are the equivalent of the T-Wolves if you factor in the conference differences.  50 wins gets you an 8th seed in the west, that is a fact.

I'm sorry, the Celts playoff performance to date does not make me a believer.  Seven games against the Hawks and a very lackluster win against the Cavs (another team which might not make the playoffs in the West, or at best an 8th seed).  I'm not hating, but come on, you are better than that-- to hype a game seven home win against the Hawks as an indicator of playoff invincibility . . . They have yet to stand up and be counted in the playoffs.

body88

« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
No one is taking anything away from the Celts performance against the West but it is hard to deny that a team like Atlanta would not have been in the playoffs in the West.  They are the equivalent of the T-Wolves if you factor in the conference differences.  50 wins gets you an 8th seed in the west, that is a fact.

I'm sorry, the Celts playoff performance to date does not make me a believer.  Seven games against the Hawks and a very lackluster win against the Cavs (another team which might not make the playoffs in the West, or at best an 8th seed).  I'm not hating, but come on, you are better than that-- to hype a game seven home win against the Hawks as an indicator of playoff invincibility . . . They have yet to stand up and be counted in the playoffs.

I'm not hyping anything. I said I believe in my team, whats so hype about that? I think they are a very talented team, that does not have playoff experience. Imo, if they can learn from that Atlanta series, and play the basketball they are capable off, I think they can contend. As for last night, how many times do you see Ray Allen go scoreless, or see the celts turn it over more than 13 times? Bad game on BOTH sides of the ball.

I don't know if the celtics will make it to the finals, but I have watched them all year, and I believe they have the talent to do it. We will see what happens, either way it's a vast improvement over last year!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »
I'm not hyping anything. I said I believe in my team, whats so hype about that? I think they are a very talented team, that does not have playoff experience. Imo, if they can learn from that Atlanta series, and play the basketball they are capable off, I think they can contend. As for last night, how many times do you see Ray Allen go scoreless, or see the celts turn it over more than 13 times? Bad game on BOTH sides of the ball.

I don't know if the celtics will make it to the finals, but I have watched them all year, and I believe they have the talent to do it. We will see what happens, either way it's a vast improvement over last year!

No doubt a historic improvement.  Can't take that away from them.  Also I agree they contend for sure, but its not a run away.  (i.e., "no one can beat them" which is the statement I though was "hyping").  LA, NO and Detroit are all capable of beating the Celts (and vice versa) in a seven game series.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2008, 08:36:37 PM »
there are too many timeouts.

This laker game has too many stops.  >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58:44 PM »
The MVP playing like an MVP: 34 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists.  They can't stop him, they can only hope to contain him.   :)

body88

« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2008, 06:20:33 AM »
No doubt a historic improvement.  Can't take that away from them.  Also I agree they contend for sure, but its not a run away.  (i.e., "no one can beat them" which is the statement I though was "hyping").  LA, NO and Detroit are all capable of beating the Celts (and vice versa) in a seven game series.
[/b]

True, but I meant that if the Celtics play the brand of basketball they played in game seven ( which they played in the regular season ) I don't think they would lose a series. Not to say they will, just saying.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
Cmon guys, anything can happen in the playoffs, the celts are fully equiped! the more they get tested in the playoffs the better they get, i just dont like Doc rivers as the coach for some reason..

And beach bum, kobe is on fire, i told you before i was a huge kobe fan in the shaq days, the way he is switched on now i could go out now i buy a 24 jersey, brilliant, i love his game, can beat anyone off the dribble and is a killer on the perimeter..

Hope the lakers win the title..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »
Cmon guys, anything can happen in the playoffs, the celts are fully equiped! the more they get tested in the playoffs the better they get, i just dont like Doc rivers as the coach for some reason..

And beach bum, kobe is on fire, i told you before i was a huge kobe fan in the shaq days, the way he is switched on now i could go out now i buy a 24 jersey, brilliant, i love his game, can beat anyone off the dribble and is a killer on the perimeter..

Hope the lakers win the title..

I agree (about the Celtics, Kobe, and the Lakers). 

How cool would a Celtics/Lakers finals be?  I hope it happens. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »
I agree (about the Celtics, Kobe, and the Lakers). 

How cool would a Celtics/Lakers finals be?  I hope it happens. 
lakers have to be the favourites.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »
Feckin Booze is playing like sheeet!!!!  However everyone talking about a lakers sweep you might want to keep your brooms in the closet.  Lets see what happens in Utah first.  For my boys to have any chance they cant just win the game, they have to make a statement, only way Jazz get back in this thing is with like a 20 point blowout.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »
Feckin Booze is playing like sheeet!!!!  However everyone talking about a lakers sweep you might want to keep your brooms in the closet.  Lets see what happens in Utah first.  For my boys to have any chance they cant just win the game, they have to make a statement, only way Jazz get back in this thing is with like a 20 point blowout.
anyhthing can happens, but the most likely scenario is kobe just destroying Utah and crushing Mormon dreams (no offense to mormons)

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »
anyhthing can happens, but the most likely scenario is kobe just destroying Utah and crushing Mormon dreams (no offense to mormons)

If I was a betting man I say lakers win, but I'd be willing to bet anything that this goes at least 6 games.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2008, 06:04:53 PM »
That's why they play the game.  We'll see what Jazz team shows up on Friday and Sunday.  They were the toughest home team in the NBA this year.  Only 4 losses (one to the Lakers without Bynum or Gasol).     

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »
That's why they play the game.  We'll see what Jazz team shows up on Friday and Sunday.  They were the toughest home team in the NBA this year.  Only 4 losses (one to the Lakers without Bynum or Gasol).     
when it comes to playing on the road, Kobe excels. no doubt.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »
what a boring bos-cle game.

I can't wait till the lakers play.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2008, 06:48:23 PM »
what a boring bos-cle game.

I can't wait till the lakers play.
cavs are getting killed, lebron needs to fuck off from the cavs. thats a talentless team

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
hornets are playing hard.

I want this series to go long. maybe 6 games we'll see.

the odds of them and the jazz coming back are poor

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2008, 07:21:59 PM »
I don't like listening to a woman commentator.

Reggie miller isn't too bad, what you do think?

van gundy always manages to rip someone.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2008, 07:56:16 PM »
Celts need a win in Cleveland to silence the critics. Lebron is too good, and is going to go off at home.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »
ginobili made a nice pass to parker in the 4th 8min

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »
King James is not ready for prime time this year.  He looks horrible. 

body88

« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2008, 06:16:37 AM »
King James is not ready for prime time this year.  He looks horrible. 

Celts are trapping him 25 feet out, and forcing him to make those jumpers. He has to work very hard, for every point he scores. Even when he is getting good looks, he is uncomfortable. However, I fully expect for him to go off in one of these games.

I am happy to see that the Celtics are plying with energy again. Looks like they learned a thing or to from the Atlanta series. Hopefully they can win on the road, and they can take that final step.

I would love to see our two teams play in the finals. Boston vs LA would be epic in every way.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2008, 06:18:46 AM »

I would love to see our two teams play in the finals. Boston vs LA would be epic in every way.
This match up would be the NBA's dream and ratings bonanza

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2008, 07:11:08 AM »
As long as the Spurs don't make it to the Finals, then Boston versus either LA or NO would be a great finals matchup and draw huge ratings.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2008, 07:13:13 AM »
Hey Body88,

Check this link out on Kevin Garnett. He totally clowns Craig Sager during an interview. Pretty funny.