Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62775 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »
Another road loss for the Celtics.  The good thing for them is they don't ever have to win on road, so long as they defend home court. 

King James 5 for 16.  He is stinking up the joint.  He is unable to handle the double team and his shot his terrible.
his just in a funk, MJ had his moments, i remember when the trailblazers and knicks smothered him and he lost his rythym, Lebron will have to come back strong from now on.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2008, 06:35:04 AM »
obiviously it is a stand up orgaziation for letting Fisher go in the first place without even trying to get anything for him. 

Agreed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2008, 10:26:55 AM »
his just in a funk, MJ had his moments, i remember when the trailblazers and knicks smothered him and he lost his rythym, Lebron will have to come back strong from now on.

Quick I'm not sure if he's just in a funk or if he just can't play through the double team.  He was never a great shooter either.  His game is getting to the rim.  If he can't consistently knock down 20 footers or split the double team he's going to continue to have problems. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2008, 10:28:50 AM »
Quick I'm not sure if he's just in a funk or if he just can't play through the double team.  He was never a great shooter either.  His game is getting to the rim.  If he can't consistently knock down 20 footers or split the double team he's going to continue to have problems. 

BB he will eventually be regarded as Kobe's successor, but right now he is revealing why Kobe, and not LeB, is the hands down MVP.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2008, 10:30:45 AM »
BB he will eventually be regarded as Kobe's successor, but right now he is revealing why Kobe, and not LeB, is the hands down MVP.

I agree.  He also has to be more consistent on the defensive end. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2008, 10:34:36 AM »
I agree.  He also has to be more consistent on the defensive end. 

Agree. That is why Kobe is the true MJ successor and other pretenders have fallen by the wayside over the years (e.e., T-Mac, Iverson, Vince Carter, D-Wade etc , etc).  There us only one guy playing today that can score inside and outside, dish the ball, and play top-notch defense. That man is Kobe, who eventually will be regarded as greater than MJ.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2008, 01:11:56 PM »
what happened to kobe i missed the 1st quarter

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »
nevermind I thought he was injured. his back was wrapped.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »
nevermind I thought he was injured. his back was wrapped.

Kobe is fine affecting his free throws a little, nothing else

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2008, 01:28:18 PM »
lakers need to get some good stops and go on a run

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »
lakers need to get some good stops and go on a run

Right where they want to be.  BS ejection on Turiaf by the way.  Good hard foul, nothing dastardly.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2008, 03:36:50 PM »
2-2 it was close..kobe needs to go off

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2008, 03:38:29 PM »
Right where they want to be.  BS ejection on Turiaf by the way.  Good hard foul, nothing dastardly.

Agree.  Definitely not a flagrant. 

Kobe is a stud.  If he is 100 percent on Wednesday the Lakers shouldn't have a problem.  He was really limited today with the back injury.  AK was throwing his stuff all over the court. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2008, 03:52:36 PM »
Agree.  Definitely not a flagrant. 

Kobe is a stud.  If he is 100 percent on Wednesday the Lakers shouldn't have a problem.  He was really limited today with the back injury.  AK was throwing his stuff all over the court. 

The league needs to review that call and reverse it.  Just because someone gets hurt doesn't mean the foul is a flagrant.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #239 on: May 12, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »
Man the home court id dominating the games in this second round, is this a record for most games won by the home court?  Kind of sucks if your team doesn't have the home court advantage, I guess we will see Wednesday how my boys will do back in LA.  Hopefully Kobe's not 100% ;D

By the way I agree that the Turiaf call was bullshit, shouldn't have got tossed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2008, 11:32:07 PM »
LeBrick can't throw the ball in the ocean.  What happened to his shot?

Tale of two teams again for Boston. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2008, 06:35:46 AM »
If Cleveland can steal game 5 in Boston, and that's a BIG if, It will be lights out for the Celtics when the series goes back to Cleveland.

It's embarrasing that a team that won 66 games in the regular season has yet to win a road game in the second round of the playoffs.

Shows you how overrated the significance of the regular season actually is. Especially in the Eastern conference.

body88

« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »
If Cleveland can steal game 5 in Boston, and that's a BIG if, It will be lights out for the Celtics when the series goes back to Cleveland.

It's embarrasing that a team that won 66 games in the regular season has yet to win a road game in the second round of the playoffs.

Shows you how overrated the significance of the regular season actually is. Especially in the Eastern conference.

Haha, you are just salivating at the thought of talking about how overrated the celtics are (if they lose this series)... The fact is the celtics are shooting themselves in the foot over and over on the road. I'm going to let the series play out before I claim how embarrasing they are. Missing routine buckets, getting away from what makes them the team they are and bone-head plays are killing them on the road. They are settling for jumpers, when they should be attacking the hoop. Shit, put a body on someone on the road!

It cannot be ignored how good the Celtics were on the road this year, it's obvious they are mentally losing these games with mistakes and (at times) lack of confidence. Rivers needs to formulate an actual offensive plan. The Celtics are all over the place on the road, and I think coaching has something to do with it.

The Celtics have the talent to go to the Finals, HOWEVER they might not be mentally ready yet.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
Well, it's becoming more of a topic in the news about their road woes. The Celtics are a good team, no doubt. But obviously they need to match the intensity they play with at home on the road. Kevin Garnett need to do more than just thump his chest in order to get his team fired up.

Dude, all I'm saying is this...If the Celtics lose game 5 at home....

Start sweating because the end is near.

body88

« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
Well, it's becoming more of a topic in the news about their road woes. The Celtics are a good team, no doubt. But obviously they need to match the intensity they play with at home on the road. Kevin Garnett need to do more than just thump his chest in order to get his team fired up.

Dude, all I'm saying is this...If the Celtics lose game 5 at home....

Start sweating because the end is near.

I know it has become a topic, and many mediots are salivating at the possibility of another Boston sports team losing a major playoff. I dont agree with what you said about Garnett, he has been the only one on the Celtics that has been consistantly playing well. If i had to knock him over anything, it would be the fact that he is not taking it to the hole enough... Garnett can't do it all by himself, and guys like Peirce and Allen need to play consistant basketball for them to win.

I really think that Rivers is to blame for the offensive woes on the road. The Celtics have no plan, and they lack confidence on the road. I know they have the talent to win - ( you dont win 66 games, and have the record they did against the west) with lack of talent.

I agree with you that if they drop one home, they are in trouble. But, it may also light a fire under their ass. I'm not going to sweat, or be embarresed of the Celtics. They are a team that is one year old, that obv lacks maturity in the playoffs. Shit, many of the celts bench players are very young guys.I wont be one bit shocked if the Celts blow out the cavs at home, and take this series without a single road win.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »
I know it has become a topic, and many mediots are salivating at the possibility of another Boston sports team losing a major playoff. I dont agree with what you said about Garnett, he has been the only one on the Celtics that has been consistantly playing well. If i had to knock him over anything, it would be the fact that he is not taking it to the hole enough... Garnett can't do it all by himself, and guys like Peirce and Allen need to play consistant basketball for them to win.

I really think that Rivers is to blame for the offensive woes on the road. The Celtics have no plan, and they lack confidence on the road. I know they have the talent to win - ( you dont win 66 games, and have the record they did against the west) with lack of talent.

I agree with you that if they drop one home, they are in trouble. But, it may also light a fire under their ass. I'm not going to sweat, or be embarresed of the Celtics. They are a team that is one year old, that obv lacks maturity in the playoffs. Shit, many of the celts bench players are very young guys.I wont be one bit shocked if the Celts blow out the cavs at home, and take this series without a single road win.

Boston had the third best road record this year.  You can't blame Doc if the players aren't excecuting on the road.  They have contained LeBron, but they let role players like Delonte West go off on them.  That is a mental lapse.  Their d is torrid at home, and decent on the road, but their offensive sets aren't excecuted with the same level of energy or precision as they do at home.  That is a player's problem. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »

I wasn't saying anything bad about Garnett. But he needs to become more selfish with the ball. The irony is that his greatest intangible(his unselfishness) is also a hindrance at times because he too often looks for the open player instead of taking it strong to the hole.

He needs to be more assertive. He defers way too much to Allen and Pierce when taking the ball to the hole. He should be averaging at least 25 points a game in the playoffs.

body88

« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »
I wasn't saying anything bad about Garnett. But he needs to become more selfish with the ball. The irony is that his greatest intangible(his unselfishness) is also a hindrance at times because he too often looks for the open player instead of taking it strong to the hole.

He needs to be more assertive. He defers way too much to Allen and Pierce when taking the ball to the hole. He should be averaging at least 25 points a game in the playoffs.

I agree, he needs to take the ball to the hole. The whole damn team needs to stop settling for jumpers, and take the ball to the hole. They do it at home,and they need to do it on the road.

If they get bounced, Rivers needs to lose his job. I know he is a nice guy, and a great defensive coach.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2008, 03:16:46 PM »
I agree, he needs to take the ball to the hole. The whole damn team needs to stop settling for jumpers, and take the ball to the hole. They do it at home,and they need to do it on the road.

If they get bounced, Rivers needs to lose his job. I know he is a nice guy, and a great defensive coach.

If he loses to Cleveland in the second round then yes, he deserves to lose his job. But if he makes it to the conference finals and wins at least 2 games, then his job's safe.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
if boston loses i don't think he should be fired.

the celtics need some consistency a new coach won't make any difference next year.