Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62837 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
the ref should have called the flagrant on zydrunas.

this is the best game I've seen from the East

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2008, 03:45:34 PM »
I thought it was probably flagrant too.  Could have gone either way.

Celtics barely escaped with this one.  LeBrick was on, Big Ben controlled KG, but they couldn't guard Pierce.  This is one of the differences between LeBron and Kobe.  LeBron should have locked up Pierce. 

Really not impressed with the Celtics so far in the playoffs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »
Dang. 

Bynum to have arthroscopic surgery on injured left knee
Associated Press

Updated: May 18, 2008, 4:53 PM ET

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- More than four months after Andrew Bynum injured his left knee, it's been decided the Los Angeles Lakers center will undergo arthroscopic surgery.

The Lakers made the announcement Sunday, saying Dr. David Altchek will perform the procedure in New York on Wednesday -- the same day Bynum's team entertains San Antonio or New Orleans to begin the Western Conference finals.

An estimated timetable for Bynum's return will be provided following the surgery.

"I just hope for the best for him," teammate Luke Walton said following a light practice Sunday. "He was a huge part of our success early on and he's going to be a huge part of our future."

The Lakers said the procedure will entail a cleanup of some rough spots and fraying on the underside of Bynum's kneecap.

Bynum hasn't played since injuring his knee in the third quarter of a 100-99 victory over Memphis on Jan. 13 at Staples Center. The 20-year-old center averaged 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots in 35 games.

The Lakers estimated a day after Bynum was injured that he would be sidelined eight to 12 weeks. But coach Phil Jackson said April 21 that a return this season was remote, and Bynum said much the same thing shortly thereafter.

Dr. Altchek examined Bynum in New York on April 10 and declined to clear him for practice. The 7-footer was examined again May 7 in Princeton, N.J., by Dr. Steven Gecha, who said there had been some improvement in the knee, but recommended exploratory surgery if there wasn't more in the ensuing three to four weeks.

The decision was made a lot sooner than that.

"It's hard, I know that he is probably really frustrated right now," Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic said. "He's going through tough times. We miss him. Everybody knows he's going to have a good, long career in the NBA. He'll come back when he's ready."

Despite Bynum's absence, the Lakers went 57-25 to earn the top seed in the West, and 8-2 to eliminate Denver and Utah from the playoffs to reach the conference finals for the first time since 2004.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3402124

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »
is this what greg oden had?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »
is this what greg oden had?

Noooo.  Oden had career-threatening microfracture surgery.  Bynum is just getting scoped. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »
watch Oden flop this year..i hope he doesnt but i know he will be pathetic

body88

« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2008, 09:12:14 AM »
I thought it was probably flagrant too.  Could have gone either way.

Celtics barely escaped with this one.  LeBrick was on, Big Ben controlled KG, but they couldn't guard Pierce.  This is one of the differences between LeBron and Kobe.  LeBron should have locked up Pierce. 

Really not impressed with the Celtics so far in the playoffs.

I think the Celtics - (aside from a few games) played great at home. I know what you are saying though, they have not played up to their ability consistently in the playoffs. That said, I wonder how much of that had to do with playing at such a high level all year long? Think about it, how can they turn it up a notch from a 66 win season?

I think the Celtics will elevate their game vs Detroit. I'm telling you beach, it will be a Celtics - Laker's final this year.

Everyone keeps telling me why the Celtics are going to lose, and they just keep hanging around. They are do to have a great series, and I think they take it to the next level and beat Detriot.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »
I think the Celtics - (aside from a few games) played great at home. I know what you are saying though, they have not played up to their ability consistently in the playoffs. That said, I wonder how much of that had to do with playing at such a high level all year long? Think about it, how can they turn it up a notch from a 66 win season?

I think the Celtics will elevate their game vs Detroit. I'm telling you beach, it will be a Celtics - Laker's final this year.

Everyone keeps telling me why the Celtics are going to lose, and they just keep hanging around. They are do to have a great series, and I think they take it to the next level and beat Detriot.

Query:  Will there be a toll of two seven game series in a row on a team built around veteran players?  If the Detroit series is as physical as aqppears likely, will there be anything left to give in the Finals?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2008, 10:53:02 AM »

I hear you.  The Lakers and Pistons in recent years have had that "flip the switch" mentality, sleeping through some games, and turning it on when it counts.  The Celtics don't really have that track record. 

The good thing for them is they don't have to win on the road at all to win a championship. 

I'll be stoked if it's Lakers/Celtics.  Some of my fondest memories are those battles from the 1980s.   

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »
I love Garnett. I really do and if anybody in the NBA deserves a ring, it's Garnett. I love players that play with emotion and bring it every night.

But my pick is the Pistons to win it in 6 games. Not hating, just calling it like I see it.

The Pistons' experience and team chemistry will be the difference in the playoffs. Forget what happended during the regular season between the two teams. Doesn't matter and doesnt count. It's the playoffs now. The Pistons got their scare against the 76ers and it was a major wake up call. They have stepped up their game ever since. The Celtics have not been able to close out a series with their opponent on the ropes, instead allowing the both of their series to go seven games. Fatigue will be a factor also.

Can't wait until Garnett and 'Sheed square off against each other. Those two will constantly be in each other's grill!

body88

« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2008, 12:49:01 PM »
Query:  Will there be a toll of two seven game series in a row on a team built around veteran players?  If the Detroit series is as physical as aqppears likely, will there be anything left to give in the Finals?

I think the celtics bench is pretty fresh right now. A lot of really young guys there, and the fact that Rivers rested the big three at the end of the season might even things out.

The celtics are pretty healthy, while guys like Billups and Kobe are a bit banged up. Honesty, I think the piston are a great team, but it is still evident that there is a big time disconnect with flip at times.

I think there could be a toll, but I don't now how things are going to play out.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »
I think the celtics bench is pretty fresh right now. A lot of really young guys there, and the fact that Rivers rested the big three at the end of the season might even things out.

The celtics are pretty healthy, while guys like Billups and Kobe are a bit banged up. Honesty, I think the piston are a great team, but it is still evident that there is a big time disconnect with flip at times.

I think there could be a toll, but I don't now how things are going to play out.

I can't wait, it's going to be an entertaining series.

body88

« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »
I can't wait, it's going to be an entertaining series.

I know the Pistons are a whole different animal. The Celtics better bring it, or they are done.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
I know the Pistons are a whole different animal. The Celtics better bring it, or they are done.

Interesting parallels East and West.  In each conference you have the Recent Old Guard- Pistons and Spurs
versus the Former Old Guard- Lakers and Celtics.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2008, 10:14:09 PM »
Man.  I was rooting for the Hornets.  I give the Spurs the edge over my Lakers.   :-\

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2008, 10:36:30 PM »
Man.  I was rooting for the Hornets.  I give the Spurs the edge over my Lakers.   :-\
kobe will ovecome the spurs, if they can contain Tony longoria and rebound they have it all won... ( i make it sound so easy)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2008, 10:42:18 PM »
kobe will ovecome the spurs, if they can contain Tony longoria and rebound they have it all won... ( i make it sound so easy)

lol.  If only it were that easy.   :)  Can Gasol guard Duncan?  Boozer shoved him all over the place.

Kobe will have to work very hard.  He'll have Bruce Sizzerhands Bowen guarding him and will have to guard Manu on D.   

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2008, 10:48:18 PM »
lol.  If only it were that easy.   :)  Can Gasol guard Duncan?  Boozer shoved him all over the place.

Kobe will have to work very hard.  He'll have Bruce Sizzerhands Bowen guarding him and will have to guard Manu on D.   
as i said contain longoria and rebound, i scouted the spurs, do them 2 and you win

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2008, 02:30:16 AM »

body88

« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2008, 06:05:58 AM »

I don't know whats funnier, the fact Kobe looks like a refugee, or that he is surrounded by 13 year old's.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »
hey you guys know that one team...what are they called, the spurs i think...you know the winningest team in pro sports over the last decade...the one that everyone still counts out every single year, every series..you think theres a chance-ever so slight-those guys might be making the finals and not the lakers?  ::)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »
Hey Dinglewood.....the Spurs may well indeed be heading to another ratings nosedive NBA Finals appearance.

And once again the universal question will be asked, "Who Cares?".

The Spurs have virtually no charisma, and show about as much excitement as a 110 year old man's libido.

Eva Longoria is a fucking whore, by the way.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2008, 01:36:07 PM »
hey you guys know that one team...what are they called, the spurs i think...you know the winningest team in pro sports over the last decade...the one that everyone still counts out every single year, every series..you think theres a chance-ever so slight-those guys might be making the finals and not the lakers?  ::)

I give them an edge over my Lakers.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2008, 01:41:09 PM »

Eva Longoria is a fucking whore, by the way.
Im not just going to sit here and let you talk about Eva longoria like that, she is a personal friend of mine

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »
I give them an edge over my Lakers.

They are a crafty bunch.  Their top players had off games and yet they won comfortably on the road in a game 7 against a young stud team.  They concern me greatly.