Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62815 times)

body88

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2008, 05:39:05 AM »
good win for the celts, its a long series.

I agree, I'm not tooting my horn at all. If Peirce is injured to the point where he can't play, the Celtics are in trouble.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #476 on: June 06, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »
Could you imagine what Jordan could do with the new defensive rules that are in place now?

No handchecking and whatnot. He would've been throwing up 50 a night!

exactly!! people forget about the rule changes. same for Magic, a 6'9 point and no hand checking, he would be unstoppable.
Kenny Smith mentioned this a few weeks ago when Magic was in studio with regards to todays rules had Jordan had them. Magic said "it would be ugly".

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #477 on: June 06, 2008, 01:06:26 PM »
im noty hating on jordan in the sense of hating, i just like kobe more, but hey Jordan has 6 rings, so i am possibly wrong..
nothing wrong w/ that everyone has their opionions. and yes those 10-11 games of Kobe scoring 40+ was perhaps the most amazing acts in pro sports i have seen. I mean Kobe was still playing against pros. that is domiant.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »
I was on the GOAT bandwagon for Kobe, but last night's game showed me something about Kobe's game.  He seemed to push things and not allow the triangle to work.  He took THREE bad shots in a row, and looked frustrated because he couldn't get to the rack.  IDK if it was Boston's defense, or Kobe just getting frustrated, but Gasol and Odom NEED to get more involved.  If Kobe chucks up 25-30 shots a game, Boston will have another World Championship. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #479 on: June 06, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »
nothing wrong w/ that everyone has their opionions. and yes those 10-11 games of Kobe scoring 40+ was perhaps the most amazing acts in pro sports i have seen. I mean Kobe was still playing against pros. that is domiant.
hahhaha great me and a atheist can finally agree on some shit ahahah..The guys are more stronger and athletic now, but saying that jordan would of have adjusted to the also, not only does Kobe and Mike has talent, but they burn to win, like they really need it, unlike Shaq, vince carter, carmelo anthony..

In shaq's defense his been in the league 16 yrs (fuck im getting old) he lost his passion, his just playing out his $100M contract, and i support him so leave him alone hahaha

KG needs a ring more then kobe does, but kobe needs a ring to prove to himself atleast that he did it without Shaq, and its a valid point..for some reason when they show kobe stats and the rings he won, theres a * that says "with Shaquille O'neal"

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #480 on: June 06, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
hahhaha great me and a atheist can finally agree on some shit ahahah..

KG needs a ring more then kobe does, but kobe needs a ring to prove to himself atleast that he did it without Shaq, and its a valid point..for some reason when they show kobe stats and the rings he won, theres a * that says "with Shaquille O'neal"

yeah no shit!  bout time.

*currenty im reconsidering my Atheist pov.*

i think kobe wants/needs a ring more than kg for some reason. Kobe is going to be regarded as the top 6 or 7 all time players ever and he knows this and wants to move up on the list and he knows multiple rings after shaq will validate it, although personally i dont think its necessary.
kg on the other hand is a HOF'er but wont be listed in the top 8 for either centers or power forwards IMO.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: June 06, 2008, 04:08:06 PM »
yeah no shit!  bout time.

i think kobe wants/needs a ring more than kg for some reason. Kobe is going to be regarded as the top 6 or 7 all time players ever and he knows this and wants to move up on the list and he knows multiple rings after shaq will validate it, although personally i dont think its necessary.
kg on the other hand is a HOF'er but wont be listed in the top 8 for either centers or power forwards IMO.
KG in a winners sense is a loser, he need this ring, his not getting younger, all he needs is one, kobe just needs one without shaq

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #482 on: June 06, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »

Didn't George Gervin average a triple double one year?

I think that would trump Kobe's scoring streak.

I wonder why Kareem doesn't get more love out of people? He might have dominated more on every level he played than every other player including Jordan. Lew Alcinder was unstoppable.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2008, 06:30:14 AM »

I wonder why Kareem doesn't get more love out of people? He might have dominated more on every level he played than every other player including Jordan. Lew Alcinder was unstoppable.
true, he was fucken usless to market and he was a asshole, did he dodge the draft?? or am i confusing him with ali?
who cant make people love you, he just didnt have that about him, Ewing was the same.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #484 on: June 07, 2008, 09:18:55 AM »
true, he was fucken usless to market and he was a asshole, did he dodge the draft?? or am i confusing him with ali?
who cant make people love you, he just didnt have that about him, Ewing was the same.

If I am not mistaken there was no other man close to Karem's heights when he was dominating.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #485 on: June 07, 2008, 09:45:36 PM »

Nice.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: June 07, 2008, 09:47:14 PM »

I think Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double for his career?  Or was it just one season? 

Kareem would have dominated at any time IMO because the sky hook cannot really be defended.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: June 07, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »
If I am not mistaken there was no other man close to Karem's heights when he was dominating.
thats was ages ago, kareem was a wanker...its the fans that make the players star

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #488 on: June 07, 2008, 09:49:58 PM »
So I missed the start of game 1 because of a stinkin meeting.  Now my so-called wife and daughter have scheduled a party at the beach that will cause me to miss the start of game 2.  Did I do something to anger the basketball gods or something?   :-\

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: June 07, 2008, 10:09:30 PM »
So I missed the start of game 1 because of a stinkin meeting.  Now my so-called wife and daughter have scheduled a party at the beach that will cause me to miss the start of game 2.  Did I do something to anger the basketball gods or something?   :-\
AHAHAha its your fault man, Marriage does fuck all for the man..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »
AHAHAha its your fault man, Marriage does fuck all for the man..

You are right.  I have no one to blame but myself.  And them for not consulting me.   >:(  I think I want to renegotiate my contract.   :D

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: June 08, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »
You are right.  I have no one to blame but myself.  And them for not consulting me.   >:(  I think I want to renegotiate my contract.   :D
see, thats why im never the main guy, im always the other guy.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #492 on: June 08, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »
Nice.   :)

kinda always knew in the back of my mind it would resurface..not happy about it >:(

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #493 on: June 08, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »

Dang, Lakers down 0-1, you know 24 is going to put on a show. its gonna be a good one i guarantee. nothing like watching i vengeful Kobe.

Kareem was a little before my time, but wasnt he lacking defensively? but yea i think he could certainly play today and be very effective, with the sky hook. why the heck doesnt anyone use it today? its a beautiful shot and it fairly unstoppable.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #494 on: June 08, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
the media is making too much out pierce's knee. sick of hearing about it.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #495 on: June 08, 2008, 08:51:07 PM »
what a bullshit game.

Lakers will come back.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #496 on: June 08, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
ref's helped the celtics tremendously. The Lakers came back when the ref's put their whistles away. This laker team is capable of beating the celtics.

officiating was awful

body88

« Reply #497 on: June 08, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
ref's helped the celtics tremendously. The Lakers came back when the ref's put their whistles away. This laker team is capable of beating the celtics.

officiating was awful

Oh please, stop making excuses..... The lakers had no answer for Powe, and they where dominated ALL night. The lakers came back when the Celtics started playing the 22 point lead, and stopped playing defense. Then they turned it back on, and they put them away. The Celtics pulled away at will, and the lakers coulden't stop them. Watching the Celtics all year, they tend to plat leads, and that is something the CANNOT do against a team like the Lakers. Kobe has had trouble with the Celtics all year, it's now becoming a trend.

Halrious how the Celtics attack all night, and get the lakers to commit fouls, yet the domination the lakers suffered was not from the Celtics great performance, it was from the refs handing them the game.

This lakers team is very capable of beating the Celtics, but as you saw AGAIN, the Celtics can beat the Lakers. Celtics in 7...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: June 08, 2008, 09:20:01 PM »
its not over yet...(that what all losers say)

body88

« Reply #499 on: June 08, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »
its not over yet...(that what all losers say)

Hell no it's not over. This series will go seven games, and the Celtics will have to give it all they have to win. The Celtics have played leads all year, they ALWAYS play a lead when they go up big. You saw it tonight, they go up by 22, and they stop playing defense, they stop playing with that swarming intensity. Hopefully they learned their lesson tonight, and they continue to play the way they are playing.

I think the Celtics shocked a lot of lakers fans, who thought the lakers bench was superior to the Celtics. As you saw again tonight, the second Jackson tried to ride his bench for long periods of time - ( like he did vs the spurs), the Celtics went up by 10 points no problem. Kudos to Allen for casuing Kobe to chase him, and foul him several times.

If the Celtics bench plays to it's capabilites, and the big three perform up to par, I think the Celtics take the series.
In the previous series, Allen was playig TERRIBLE. Now that Allen is back to his old form, and Peirce is scoring like a maniac, the Celtics are playing like they played all year. I think the Celtics defense was overlooked by the national media, because of the wow factor the Lakers brought offensivley. As you can see, the defense is really making a difference.

Powe really stepped up tonight, and If the Celts can steal one in LA, they will be in good shape when they come home.