Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62833 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #500 on: June 08, 2008, 10:03:25 PM »
Body, guess my 4-1 prediction is out the window.  Hat's off, if I did not show due deference, please write it off to being an enthusiastic lifelong fan.  Don't get me wrong . . . we're coming after you at Staples!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #501 on: June 08, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »
Hell no it's not over. This series will go seven games, and the Celtics will have to give it all they have to win. The Celtics have played leads all year, they ALWAYS play a lead when they go up big. You saw it tonight, they go up by 22, and they stop playing defense, they stop playing with that swarming intensity. Hopefully they learned their lesson tonight, and they continue to play the way they are playing.

I think the Celtics shocked a lot of lakers fans, who thought the lakers bench was superior to the Celtics. As you saw again tonight, the second Jackson tried to ride his bench for long periods of time - ( like he did vs the spurs), the Celtics went up by 10 points no problem. Kudos to Allen for casuing Kobe to chase him, and foul him several times.

If the Celtics bench plays to it's capabilites, and the big three perform up to par, I think the Celtics take the series.
In the previous series, Allen was playig TERRIBLE. Now that Allen is back to his old form, and Peirce is scoring like a maniac, the Celtics are playing like they played all year. I think the Celtics defense was overlooked by the national media, because of the wow factor the Lakers brought offensivley. As you can see, the defense is really making a difference.

Powe really stepped up tonight, and If the Celts can steal one in LA, they will be in good shape when they come home.

Agree with the majority of this.. However I laugh at you guys that see this going 7... I call the Celts in 5. Kobe will melt after they lose in LA. The Lakers have a decent squad, but you are talking about the celts who have 3 big names that share the ball and play their asses off. They feed off each other and if one of them aren't pulling the load a bench guy steps up. Rondo was killing me though, the last little bit he had a few straight looks at the hoop and the lane and he drives and dishes out. Fuck he has to stop doing that... Celts will win first game in LA.... ;D

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #502 on: June 08, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »
Agree with the majority of this.. However I laugh at you guys that see this going 7... I call the Celts in 5. Kobe will melt after they lose in LA. The Lakers have a decent squad, but you are talking about the celts who have 3 big names that share the ball and play their asses off. They feed off each other and if one of them aren't pulling the load a bench guy steps up. Rondo was killing me though, the last little bit he had a few straight looks at the hoop and the lane and he drives and dishes out. Fuck he has to stop doing that... Celts will win first game in LA.... ;D

Kobe does not "melt' . . .

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #503 on: June 08, 2008, 10:16:20 PM »
I feel for bad for my man Beach Bum, his married, his wife orders him around and now his team is down 2-0.. hey man you still got your health.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #504 on: June 08, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
I feel for bad for my man Beach Bum, his married, his wife orders him around and no his team is down 2-0.. hey man you still got your health.

Wow, Quicker, friend or foe?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #505 on: June 08, 2008, 10:24:29 PM »

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #506 on: June 09, 2008, 12:52:45 AM »
Kobe is so fluid when going to the hole, his arsenal is amazing. though it would be nice to see guys like Pierce, Allen, KG and PJ Brown to get a ring. sorry i know there are a lot of Laker fans here. when Bynum gets back though the Lakes will be a joy to watch.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #507 on: June 09, 2008, 04:14:36 AM »
Can't believe I am saying this, but I hope Boston gets another ring.  My two favorite teams are the Philedelphia 76ers and whomever is playing the Lakers. 

body88

« Reply #508 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:13 AM »
Body, guess my 4-1 prediction is out the window.  Hat's off, if I did not show due deference, please write it off to being an enthusiastic lifelong fan.  Don't get me wrong . . . we're coming after you at Staples!

Don't worry about it. You were not way off base in your prediction. I don't think anyone is the national media gave the Celtics much of a shot in this series. Having watched the Celtics all year, I know how ridiculous the defense can be, if they play to their capabilities. At the start of this series, I said the Celtics were going to be very physical, and I didn't think certain lakers could handle that type of play. The Celtics own the boards, own the lakers inside, and they are forcing Kobe to work for every single shot he takes. Also, Kobe can't get into the paint, which keeps him off the line. He will make some perimeter jumpers, and he will miss some, but he won't do the severe damage that everyone was predicting. This is the fourth time Kobe has struggled vs the Celts, and I think that they can contain him.

Last night, the Celtics just kept attacking and drawing fouls from a reeling lakers team. I saw Allen cause Kobe make two blatant fouls, while chasing him down. The lakers are not used to an ultra physical brand of ball, and when the Celtics d is swarming like that, and the scorers are attacking and drawing fouls, they are going to win ball games. Also, the Celtics bench was underestimated by the media. As I said before, the second Jackson tried to ride his bench for an extended period of time, the Celtics went up by ten points. I thought the Celtics controlled the games last night, and pulled away several times at will. Unfortunately, they also fell back into the trend of playing the score, which allowed the Lakers back in it. Hopefull they learned their lesson. I fully expect the lakers to win 2 our of the three games at the staples center, but in the end the Celtics will win the series IMO.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #509 on: June 09, 2008, 09:34:11 AM »
Lakers got beat. They'll have to regroup for next game.

good article from espn.

Whistle disparity in Game 2 leaves Lakers feeling foul

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=jacksonlakers-080609

if certain players didn't get in foul trouble so early this would have been a different game. it's over so we'll have to wait for game three.

body88

« Reply #510 on: June 09, 2008, 11:02:58 AM »
Lakers got beat. They'll have to regroup for next game.

good article from espn.

Whistle disparity in Game 2 leaves Lakers feeling foul

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=jacksonlakers-080609

if certain players didn't get in foul trouble so early this would have been a different game. it's over so we'll have to wait for game three.

Certain lakers got into foul trouble, because they committed fouls. Btw, a Lakers fan crying about fouls is the highest level of hypocrisy.... The spurs got screwed by the refs during the last call of thier series vs the lakers, and not a single Laker fan had a thing to say about it.

Citing an article written by JA is halarious. The guy is a lakers ballwasher, and is far from objctive. I love how he cites a bunch of whining lakers players, and expects people to take the team that lost seriously. The lakers are a great team, and this just makes them look weak. They dont need to make excuses, and they can win with there skills on the court.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #511 on: June 09, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »

Certain lakers got into foul trouble, because they committed fouls. Btw, a Lakers fan crying about fouls is the highest level of hypocrisy.... The spurs got screwed by the refs during the last call of thier series vs the lakers, and not a single Laker fan had a thing to say about it.

;D

thanks I had a chuckle.

lakers just have to play.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #512 on: June 09, 2008, 11:34:40 AM »
I feel for bad for my man Beach Bum, his married, his wife orders him around and now his team is down 2-0.. hey man you still got your health.

lol.  Hey man I can't cook so I do not bite the hand that feeds me.   :)  Besides, it was my daughter's graduation party, so I kinda sorta had to go.  I was already in the dog house for skipping the eighth grade graduation of some girl from my church so I could watch the Laker game and the Lost season finale. 

But I'm cool with the series so far.  Boston went up 2-0 on Atlanta and Cleveland, but with larger margins than these last two.  They won't be getting the ridiculous calls at Staples.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but watching a game like yesterday makes me wonder if Stern gave the refs a call before the game telling them he wants this to go seven.  The first two calls on Kobe were horrible.  I agree with Mark Jackson who said you can call those every time down the floor.  I wasn't complaining too loudly at first, if they were going to call ticky tack stuff on both sides of the floor, but they clearly didn't.  The last call Pierce got with the Lakers down by two was terrible.   

Phil summed it up best:

"I'm more struck at the fact that Leon Powe gets more foul shots than our whole team does in 14 minutes of play," Jackson said. "That's ridiculous. I've never seen a game like that in all these years I've coached in the Finals. Unbelievable."

Jackson went on to say the Celtics' aggressiveness "swayed the effective calls."

"I have no question about the fact my players got fouled but didn't get to the line," he said. "The referees referee an illusion. Our guys look like maybe the ball was partially stripped when they were getting raked or whatever was happening, but it was in a crowd, so the referees let that type of thing go."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers9-2008jun09,0,2260620.story

body88

« Reply #513 on: June 09, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
lol.  Hey man I can't cook so I do not bite the hand that feeds me.   :)  Besides, it was my daughter's graduation party, so I kinda sorta had to go.  I was already in the dog house for skipping the eighth grade graduation of some girl from my church so I could watch the Laker game and the Lost season finale. 

But I'm cool with the series so far.  Boston went up 2-0 on Atlanta and Cleveland, but with larger margins than these last two.  They won't be getting the ridiculous calls at Staples.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but watching a game like yesterday makes me wonder if Stern gave the refs a call before the game telling them he wants this to go seven.  The first two calls on Kobe were horrible.  I agree with Mark Jackson who said you can call those every time down the floor.  I wasn't complaining too loudly at first, if they were going to call ticky tack stuff on both sides of the floor, but they clearly didn't.  The last call Pierce got with the Lakers down by two was terrible.   

Phil summed it up best:

"I'm more struck at the fact that Leon Powe gets more foul shots than our whole team does in 14 minutes of play," Jackson said. "That's ridiculous. I've never seen a game like that in all these years I've coached in the Finals. Unbelievable."

Jackson went on to say the Celtics' aggressiveness "swayed the effective calls."

"I have no question about the fact my players got fouled but didn't get to the line," he said. "The referees referee an illusion. Our guys look like maybe the ball was partially stripped when they were getting raked or whatever was happening, but it was in a crowd, so the referees let that type of thing go."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers9-2008jun09,0,2260620.story

Your not into conspiracies, unless it effects the lakers. If Jackson wonders why Powe went to the line so much, he should ask his players who had no answer for him, and where fouling him all over the place... The Celtics ultra aggressive play got them to the line, and Phil entitlement Jackson thinks he should get a qouta of fouls because he is Phil Jackson. The Lakers cant bang with the Celtics - (IMO), and I said it before this series started. How can you claim when Kobe was chasing down Allen, and CLEARLY commited a foul that it was bullshit? The replay showed it, and the commentators agreed. Kobe didn't get to the line much vs the spurs either if I remember correctly.

How about the spurs series, the refs seemed to give it to L.A? Shit, the NBA appologized for the call that screwed the That said, it's good to see the LA media, and Lakers fans up in arms, no one gave the Celtics a shot, and now it might haunt them. The bottom line is - ( even if the Celtics got a few calls, they wont get the same treatment in LA, and LA will be the one getting the calls).

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #514 on: June 09, 2008, 12:51:23 PM »
The first two calls on Kobe were horrible.  I agree with Mark Jackson who said you can call those every time down the floor. 

Im no Kobe fan, i do respect his ability but first two fouls were surprising.

i cant stand how much of an effect the refs have on the game. the foul calls shouldnt have that much of a disparity. granted when they go to LA i do expect the Lakers to get the calls and in the end it will even out but it still shouldnt happen that way. call the game evenly through out the series on a per game basis, not on who has home court.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: June 09, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
Your not into conspiracies, unless it effects the lakers. If Jackson wonders why Powe went to the line so much, he should ask his players who had no answer for him, and where fouling him all over the place... The Celtics ultra aggressive play got them to the line, and Phil entitlement Jackson thinks he should get a qouta of fouls because he is Phil Jackson. The Lakers cant bang with the Celtics - (IMO), and I said it before this series started. How can you claim when Kobe was chasing down Allen, and CLEARLY commited a foul that it was bullshit? The replay showed it, and the commentators agreed. Kobe didn't get to the line much vs the spurs either if I remember correctly.

How about the spurs series, the refs seemed to give it to L.A? Shit, the NBA appologized for the call that screwed the That said, it's good to see the LA media, and Lakers fans up in arms, no one gave the Celtics a shot, and now it might haunt them. The bottom line is - ( even if the Celtics got a few calls, they wont get the same treatment in LA, and LA will be the one getting the calls).

The Celtics played very good defense and they were aggressive.  They also got a lot of help.  The FT disparity was 38 to 10 in favor of Boston.  That was not related to Boston just being aggressive, while the Lakers were not.  I'm biased.  I'm a lifelong Laker fan.  But even talking to my friends who hate the Lakers they agree the refs did not call this game evenly. 

Regarding Kobe, I watched both calls and they should not have been called.  As I said, I agree with Mark Jackson's comments. 

Let's pick this up again on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.  I'll either be crying like a baby (again) or saying "see what happens when the refs get out of the way."   :)

body88

« Reply #516 on: June 09, 2008, 01:26:19 PM »
The Lakes will get a ton of calls during their home series.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: June 09, 2008, 01:31:51 PM »
Im no Kobe fan, i do respect his ability but first two fouls were surprising.

i cant stand how much of an effect the refs have on the game. the foul calls shouldnt have that much of a disparity. granted when they go to LA i do expect the Lakers to get the calls and in the end it will even out but it still shouldnt happen that way. call the game evenly through out the series on a per game basis, not on who has home court.

I agree. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:26 PM »
The Lakes will get a ton of calls during their home series.
Kobe will get to the line like crazy

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #519 on: June 09, 2008, 02:19:42 PM »
I'll either be crying like a baby (again)

you guys have three rings this decade.
and at least it was a nice sunny day on sunday  :-\

you worried about the drought?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: June 09, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »
you guys have three rings this decade.
and at least it was a nice sunny day on sunday  :-\

you worried about the drought?

Beautiful weekend.   :)

Not worried about the drought.  Are you?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #521 on: June 09, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »
Phil and Laker-fan might be whiniest people in the sports world.

Nut up and play.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #522 on: June 09, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »
Beautiful weekend.   :)

Not worried about the drought.  Are you?
kinda, it hasnt really rained in a while here much less on a consistant basis.
off on weds!! Kamehameha Day!  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »
kinda, it hasnt really rained in a while here much less on a consistant basis.
off on weds!! Kamehameha Day!  :)

Enjoy!  I might work from home. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
Fuck the Celtics. That is all.