Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62766 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2008, 04:52:25 PM »
I saw a license plate this past weekend that said "Beat LA." 

body88

« Reply #526 on: June 09, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
I thought the Celtics had worse match ups vs the Pistons. I think they match up better vs the lakers, and I think they will win the series. That said, I think the Lakers win tomorrow, and the Celtics take game 4. Laker's come back to win games five and six, and the Celtics win game seven.

It's highly unlikely that the Laker's will rail off four straight wins, and the Celtics are kind of banged up. E.T - (Sammy boy) has a sprained wrist, and Perk is not 100 percent. The refs will make up for all the Laker's bitching tomorrow night, and I expect the laker's to utilize that pick and role the Celtics can't seem to stop.

In the end I think the Celtics win, due to the swarming defense, and the emergence of Allen, FINALLY. If the big three is playing like they should, and the Celts bench is performing like it has in the last two series, I see there being to many weapons for the Lakers to overcome. Kobe will go off eventually, but I don't think his supporting cast is physical enough......

I have to tip my hat to Rondo, he has really turned it on. He may be young, but he is a an assist machine, and plays great defense. I think Kobe could stop him from running the floor, but that would leave Fischer on Allen, and Allen would tear him apart.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #527 on: June 09, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »
Celtics win tonight MARK THOSE WORDS!!!!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2008, 10:49:56 PM »
Celtics win tonight MARK THOSE WORDS!!!!
had to quote you just incase u deleted it later.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #529 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:50 AM »

Even if they don't win... That is my call and I feel very strong about it.

body88

« Reply #530 on: June 10, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »

The Celtics might win tonight, but with the crew of officials doing tonights game, the Lakers will be on the line all night. Which is fine, it will stop the Lakers and there fan base from crying :) ;)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2008, 11:28:21 AM »
it has nothing to do with complaining.

all anyone wants is fair officiating.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #532 on: June 10, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »
I think the Lakers will tie it up at home, Celts are horrible on the road. if the Lakes even the series i would expect them to win, I dont see Kobe letting it go.

body88

« Reply #533 on: June 10, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
I think the Lakers will tie it up at home, Celts are horrible on the road. if the Lakes even the series i would expect them to win, I dont see Kobe letting it go.

The Celtics were fantastic on the road during the regular season, and had their two best games on the road vs detriot - ( who poses more match up problems for boston than LA). They overcame that road funk in the last series. The Lakers can't tie the series on the road.They could go up 3-2 on the road, however no team has ever railed off three straight wins since the 2 + 3 format was introduced. Not to mention, the Celtics are to good to let that happen - imo...

As a fan I would be thrilled with the celtics coming back 3-2 ( winning one of the three games). That forces LA to beat the Celtics in the Garden twice, and I dont think it would happen. I dont think the lakers can win 4 out of the next six games. History says otherwise according to the record. They will win tonight, but I think Boston wins in the end...

body88

« Reply #534 on: June 10, 2008, 03:16:13 PM »
it has nothing to do with complaining.

all anyone wants is fair officiating.

Then dont watch the NBA. Look at the history of the sport. The lakers will get there calls, just like they did vs the spurs.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #535 on: June 10, 2008, 03:52:57 PM »
The Celtics were fantastic on the road during the regular season, and had their two best games on the road vs detriot - ( who poses more match up problems for boston than LA). They overcame that road funk in the last series. The Lakers can't tie the series on the road.They could go up 3-2 on the road, however no team has ever railed off three straight wins since the 2 + 3 format was introduced. Not to mention, the Celtics are to good to let that happen - imo...

As a fan I would be thrilled with the celtics coming back 3-2 ( winning one of the three games). That forces LA to beat the Celtics in the Garden twice, and I dont think it would happen. I dont think the lakers can win 4 out of the next six games. History says otherwise according to the record. They will win tonight, but I think Boston wins in the end...
i understand that they were great on the road in the reg season, but the playoffs have been a different story for them for whatever reason. Im honestly hoping for a 3-0 lead tonight. I want Pierce and co. to get a ring, the lakers will be contenders for years to come not so sure about Boston, they're up there in age sort of. I guess KG and Pierce have a few good years left.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #536 on: June 10, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »

There's no question that the officiating was unbelievably one-sided in Game 2, but at the same time, the Lakers did not hit their open shots. 

More importantly, although people are saying "wow, almost a great comeback", what they aren't looking at are things like the rebound Ray Allen got with 4:54 to play because not a single Laker made any attempt at getting the ball.  That was the lapse that proved to be the difference in the game.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #537 on: June 10, 2008, 08:07:33 PM »
too many commercials,

and the commentary is terrible to listen to. TNTs crew is much better. Do they think billions of children are watching this? ABC is gay.

They don't show good replays either. I wanted to see allen getting fouled by kobe.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #538 on: June 10, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »
there hasn't been many loose ball fouls

lakers need to forget about the 3's for now. they need to get into the paint.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #539 on: June 10, 2008, 08:28:56 PM »
too many commercials,

and the commentary is terrible to listen to. TNTs crew is much better. Do they think billions of children are watching this? ABC is gay.

They don't show good replays either. I wanted to see allen getting fouled by kobe.

After the Justin Timberfake-Janet debacle...they have downgraded everything to Sesame Street Level

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #540 on: June 10, 2008, 08:40:17 PM »
and the commentary is terrible to listen to.

I disagree.

Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson work well together.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #541 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57:03 PM »
I disagree.

Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson work well together.

if it wasn't on ABC it would be better, maybe.

good job by the Lakers!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: June 10, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »

The coverage hasn't been that bad and Tafoya hasn't even annoyed me yet, but yes, the TNT guys are much better. 

The ticky-tack foul calls in the 1st half on Odom, Radmanovic, and Pierce helped lower the overall level of play in this game. 

The Lakers were the beneficiary of more calls/no-calls tonite, but going 21-for-34 from the line was completely unacceptable.

The defense from both teams wasn't nearly good enough to justify such horrible shooting from the field (Boston 35%, LA 44%). 

Quit standing around, Gasol!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: June 10, 2008, 09:30:44 PM »
Great defensive effort by the Lakers.  Gotta hit those FTs. 

Gasol needs to score, but he is doing a terrific job on Garnett. 

Radmanovic is useless. 

Odom needs to get his head in the game, just like Phil said after game 2. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #544 on: June 10, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »

Radmanovic is useless. 

Stupid offensive foul at the end...shit was blatant

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: June 10, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »
Stupid offensive foul at the end...shit was blatant

Yep.  But great assist to Sasha at the end. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #546 on: June 10, 2008, 10:30:44 PM »
I will eat my words.. The Lakes one and I was WRONG!!! I think they will only win this game though. I called it 4=1 and I still believe it will end that way. KG and Pierce played like SHIT! I was wondering if they even showed up?

body88

« Reply #547 on: June 11, 2008, 08:04:28 AM »

Radmanovic is useless. 

I was happy with the game... KG and Peirce went 9 - 33, and where pretty much useless last night. I knew the Lakers would get all the calls -(rightfully so), and to be as close to winning as the Celtics where, makes me confident the Celtics will win this thing in the end.

body88

« Reply #548 on: June 11, 2008, 08:09:45 AM »
I will eat my words.. The Lakes one and I was WRONG!!! I think they will only win this game though. I called it 4=1 and I still believe it will end that way. KG and Pierce played like SHIT! I was wondering if they even showed up?

The Lakers played thier hearts out, and won the game by 7 points, while our two biggest weapons went 9 - 33. The Lakers had the foul advantage, and Kobe had a good game. To me, it looks like Gasol and Odem are playing with no fire. The Celtics will win this thing in the end IMO.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: June 11, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »
That's the thing that concerned me most - the Celtics top 2 players played like shit all night long, and Boston still had a chance to win the game.  

Coming into this series, it's clear (now) that the Boston bench didn't get nearly enough of the credit it deserved from the national media.  

The box score from the game shows that Boston was only +1 in the rebounding category, and we'll live with them being +5 on the offensive end.  LA made 1 more FG, but Boston had *14* more shots.  

Vujacic saved the Lakers by scoring 20 in just 28 minutes of action.  

Kobe had a really bad night at the line, but at least he got there, which is what the Lakers need.  He won't go 11-for-18 again.  

Thursday's game is especially critical.  If the officiating stays about the same, we should have the edge.  Let's get it to 2-2 and then I like LA's chances in a best 2-out-of-3 scenario at this point.