Author Topic: Met Lee Priest today in Sydney - April 20/08. Photos.  (Read 19200 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Met Lee Priest today in Sydney - April 20/08. Photos.
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 06:14:52 AM »
There were all sorts of booths there that had nothing to do with lifting weights.

This is why bodybuilders are often referred to as 'muscle heads.'

Fitness incorporates many things, Vince, not just lifting weights. A man of your age, I would have thought you'd of known that.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 06:28:03 AM »
That face tattoo is looking very light for some reason...wonder if he is in the removal process.  Just wondering...

Hmmmm, just saw it. Lets hope he gets rid of the useless tatoos (back, face) and leave only a few good ones (forearms and shoulder)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 06:30:05 AM »
That face tattoo is looking very light for some reason...wonder if he is in the removal process.  Just wondering...

there will always be mark there, unfortunately I am guessing that Lee used traditional ink and not the kind which was created to be lasered out if needs be.
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 06:30:48 AM »
Honestly, for the IFBB what possible harm could come from allowing Lee to compete

what a total joke
I

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2008, 06:32:13 AM »
Honestly, for the IFBB what possible harm could come from allowing Lee to compete

what a total joke

He is like 1 and half year waiting to get an answer...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 12:00:35 PM »
Nice shirt Vince

I had one over 20-30 years ago when I was a kid

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »
Nice shirt Vince

I had one over 20-30 years ago when I was a kid
Haha, love the shirt! Classic!

This one's even cooler. People think twice about messing with you with a print like this on the shirt!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »
hahah Vince is offically so old someone else must dress him.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 08:01:41 PM »
If he is working on getting that awful cry for help tattoo off his face then it could be a sign that the miniature muscleman is finally winning the battle with his myriad mental demons.
O

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »
He may have trouble moving that whole back Tattoo.Whoooooooooooooos h.

AVBG

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2008, 08:06:49 PM »
Vince I was training at your gym two weeks ago, the equipment was good the layout and parking was atrocious.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
There is a sadness in Lee's eyes.  He must be missing his grandparents terribly.

Look, Lee and i have never seen eye to eye. That may have something to do with the fact that he is a tiny 5'4". 

Bottom line, Lee is in the twilight years of his career.  He may be lucky and get an Olympia wild card.  However, nothing will come of it! 

It will be kind of creepy seeing Lee back on stage.  He has become so disfigured now with all those tattoos.

I just hope he can find lasting happiness when his career finally ends!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »
Where might one purchase a similarly practical yet stylish gym waist purse? Surprised they haven't caught on.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
I would fuck Ellie so silly she would not walk straight for a week!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
I would fuck Ellie so silly she would not walk straight for a week!

I agree even Vince wearing a shirt that i had in third grade can't distract me.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2008, 01:24:35 AM »
I went to Owen Kelly's funeral today in Newcastle. I told Lee that Ron and the others sent their condolences. Owen was 83 when he died last week. He was a bloke everyone liked. Lee said some nice words about his grandfather who the kids called Da. I enjoyed meeting some of Lee's family. There was a lot of love in that service and I must say it was a very moving but wonderful occasion.

Lee said he might move back to Australia next year. He hasn't liked being away from his family and I can understand that after seeing how close they are. He said he had to stay in America for 8 years to obtain his green card. He did talk to his grandfather a couple of weeks ago. A lot of the family spoke at the funeral and it really was a nice occasion. They had a lunch afterwards and everyone hung around to talk. Lee is very open and candid about things and I respect him for his honesty and integrity.

I might post some photos on Lee's site. I don't like the disrespect so many show towards Lee and others here.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »
Now, Lee just has to grow a full beard.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2008, 01:46:51 AM »
That's not lee priest.
\

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2008, 02:06:09 AM »
I don't like the disrespect so many show towards Lee and others here.

Vince, 'respect' is a two way street! 

Lee is not above reproach for Christ sake.  Get off his balls for half a second! 

Over the years, Lee has made a hobby out of 'disrespecting' the IFBB.  He can dish it out, but when the tables are reversed, he goes all defensive, sooky and narky.  Lee can't have it both ways!

Lee must learn to lick his wounds! 
Lee must learn to take criticism!
Lee must learn to take punishment when  he has wronged! 

Ok, Lee has now served out his term on the IFBB- sidelines for non compliace.  Let's  just hope that he does not screw this 'new' opportunity over!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2008, 02:15:39 AM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2008, 07:16:57 AM »
Vince I was training at your gym two weeks ago, the equipment was good the layout and parking was atrocious.

I phoned my staff to tell them to let you train for free. Maybe I rang too late.

You probably missed our big parking lot at the back that holds over 100 cars. The layout suits our clients. I prefer to have the free weights for the men separate from the main equipment area. Aerobics, stretching, boxing and cardio have separate areas.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2008, 07:30:33 AM »
is that your daughter Vince?

YiriSS

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 07:31:11 AM »
vince

where is your gym? is it in sydney?

cheers

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2008, 07:57:53 AM »
It is always interesting to see the mix of people who attend these trade shows. There were lots of instructors mingling around. Lots of nice girls demonstrating the machines.

I was there when Dex and Jay manned a booth together. Got a photo somewhere. I think even then Dexter felt he was better than Jay.

Here is a lovely personal trainer from Fitness First. Ellie is her name. 6'1'' really nice girl.

Sick shirt!  I use to have a blanket that matched.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »
The way the fitness scene has evolved is typical of what happens when all those pseudo experts try to make money. How on earth can silly equipment designed by some eccentric guy a century ago be popular today? I am talking about Pilates here. I see the programs on TV where spruikers claim they lose weight on those machines. Yeah, sure. Then I look at the alternative medicine crap that is involved. These people contribute almost nothing to the fitness scene yet find suckers to buy their products. Several companies were demonstrating vibration machines. I thought those disappeared forever about 30 years ago. Nope, still around today and some cost $10,000 or more. Whatever is standing on vibrating machines supposed to do for fitness?

Bodybuilding enthusiasts have always believed a lot of nonsense about training and nutrition and that is why so many supplement companies prosper. These companies aren't necessary but muscleheads keep buying that stuff. Magazines survive on ads from supplement companies.

Bodybuilding simply doesn't register in the seminars offerred to fitness instructors and other professionals at these conventions. They don't mention bodybuilding but call it resistance training. I always feared this would happen when people who were not bodybuilders took over the fitness scene. Now we have regulations in place that specify what instructors have to do. Some of the smart people got in early on fitness committees and put their ideas into legislation. Now everyone has to do yearly courses run by self-interested professionals just to keep their registration. I would prefer if instructors actually knew something about hypertrophy.