Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!  (Read 45235 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2008, 04:43:28 AM »
Goudy going on what u sued to throw aboput on bench, u shud be ok. Havnt seen u about much. busy guy?

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2008, 04:49:02 AM »
cheers davie.

imstudying for my finals. last year of my law degree.

so stressed just wanna kill someone lol and get it all over then sleep for about 2 days straight lol

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2008, 04:50:34 AM »
cheers davie.

imstudying for my finals. last year of my law degree.

so stressed just wanna kill someone lol and get it all over then sleep for about 2 days straight lol

Well if u do go crazy, at least u can defend urself lol.

Itl b worth it if its what u love doing.

Whats the training look like now my friend, still simple as b4?

davie

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2008, 05:23:32 AM »
hate it tho mate.

yes all very simple.

yesterday was sholders. 5 exercises 3 sets.

hows urs?

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2008, 07:20:06 AM »
Good, after alot of success with DC training iv changed to more powerlifting style training. Im about 10lbs of the weight i wanna be (tho wen i get ther il probs want more lol), but after putting on 30lbs over the last 14months with DC, im confident i can get there.Diets pretty unchanged, its just the training that has.

Im almost fully qualified as persoanl trainer,+have qualifications thru rugby union as weight lifting instructor.
Its funny tho, but even with all that, i dont know much at all about powerlifting lol. More to it than i ever thought.

davie

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2008, 02:23:09 PM »
Good, after alot of success with DC training iv changed to more powerlifting style training. Im about 10lbs of the weight i wanna be (tho wen i get ther il probs want more lol), but after putting on 30lbs over the last 14months with DC, im confident i can get there.Diets pretty unchanged, its just the training that has.

Im almost fully qualified as persoanl trainer,+have qualifications thru rugby union as weight lifting instructor.
Its funny tho, but even with all that, i dont know much at all about powerlifting lol. More to it than i ever thought.

davie

glad to here about the training. well done on all the qualifications ,mate.

that modesty will get you far in life mate.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
honestly it's not that bad. if i could upload the fullsize video you'd be surprised.

goudy, i gotta know what you're aiming for. i need to know if i need to pre-empt it with another attempt.  ;D
get going again bro im gonna try it and I gotta be honest i think i got 20 ;D...lol na ill probably die at 15 or so but hey should be fun, was your attempt fresh magoo or after a workout?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »
ill be trying this is maybe 2 hours lol so ill post it when i get home around 4ish lol im not expecting great things at all

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2008, 08:54:33 AM »
is it sad that i gas at about 12 reps when i'm warming up for maxing.. and my max bench is at 435 right now?!  :( >:( >:(

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »
is it sad that i gas at about 12 reps when i'm warming up for maxing.. and my max bench is at 435 right now?!  :( >:( >:(

Such is the way of powerlifting, haha. What are you warming up with that you only get 12 reps? 315? ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »
Such is the way of powerlifting, haha. What are you warming up with that you only get 12 reps? 315? ;D

lmao.. i get tired at 12 reps with 225...but i'd much rather do 315 for 10! why i'm not sure exactly... todays' pressing 225 felt just as hard as 315! GO FIGURE!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »
I've got 235 for 12, do have video, and I'm female, 5'5' and 175@ 16% bodyfat...or you can see me on Reality TV soon, doing powerlifting, breaking records...I can back up everything with pics and video, I know how this site is. No pics or video, it didn't happen. ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »
I've got 235 for 12, do have video, and I'm female, 5'5' and 175@ 16% bodyfat...or you can see me on Reality TV soon, doing powerlifting, breaking records...I can back up everything with pics and video, I know how this site is. No pics or video, it didn't happen. ;D

lol well shit! A GIRL THAT CAN HANG IN THIS CHALLENGE?! do it to it girly!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »
Did I mention my 1rm is 315 on bench in a T-shirt?  I'm in the 181 class and masters. Now lets see what I can do with a custom made bench shirt supplied by INZER just for the meet in Venice Beach June 14th...I hear records being broken...those were 20 years old??? damn I'm so sorry! NOT!!!!

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2008, 04:48:14 AM »
Did I mention my 1rm is 315 on bench in a T-shirt? 
all drugs.

p.s this bench press challenged has failed brutally. 2 applications from people who produced feats an average gym rat could do.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »
all drugs.

p.s this bench press challenged has failed brutally. 2 applications from people who produced feats an average gym rat could do.

Failed? We have two weeks left. :D

Apparently you are more than "the average gym rat" so why not enter? Show us how its done. No need to "apply," just enter. ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2008, 10:11:03 AM »

Oh heavens no, this is Rons site. Drug free is the way we do it around here. I think you should do yourself a favor young lady and get off the sauce, you will thank me in the future.
E

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2008, 10:34:01 AM »
all drugs.

not that i like to toot my own horn, but i've not seen many people who can hit 225x20 spotless after doing a heavy bench workout. and keep in mind i've gotten 25 before.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »
not that i like to toot my own horn, but i've not seen many people who can hit 225x20 spotless after doing a heavy bench workout. and keep in mind i've gotten 25 before.
Yes that may impress average gym rats, but this site is called 'getbig', you would think a forum with a 'powerlifting and strongman' section full of drug users would have produced a greater score lol, especially when the wrist strap equivelant of a tapout shirt is the reward

Ime not saying ime that strong myself, ime around the same level as magoo.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2008, 11:31:37 AM »
Yes that may impress average gym rats, but this site is called 'getbig', you would think a forum with a 'powerlifting and strongman' section full of drug users would have produced a greater score lol, especially when the wrist strap equivelant of a tapout shirt is the reward

no youre not.

Jason

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2008, 01:26:31 PM »

well then either quit bitching or get outta the kitchen

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »

so pick up a camera and beat me! i'll be going to get the 25 on camera sometime soon hopefully, and if you're on my level feel FREE to take the number one spot.

the same thing happened with the 225 deadlift. everyone said "oh 30's gonna be a snap" and lo and behold only three of us manned up and did it. now you're saying 225x25 is "average", but aren't filming it.

so come on, tough guy. you get $100 in free supplements amongst other things, what do ya have to lose?  :D

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »
so pick up a camera and beat me! what do ya have to lose?  :D
Did you see the kind of shit that happend to squadfather?.. and anyway, i would lose the respect of everyone in the gym if i went in and recorded myself benching for an internet forum, i have nothing to prove and couldn't care less what you think, but its obvious my comment affected you because you just melted down incredibly.

-anyway, this topic has gone way off, this space should be for people who are going to enter a vid, oh yea there isn't anyone. might aswell send the prizes to magoo already.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2008, 02:13:05 PM »
Compares himself to SquadFather.

Believes everyone in the gym "respects" him.

Cant back up a thing he says.

Sounds like a true GetBigger! ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
Compares himself to SquadFather.

Believes everyone in the gym "respects" him.

Cant back up a thing he says.

Sounds like a true GetBigger! ;D

ZING!!!  ;D