Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!  (Read 45342 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2008, 01:13:34 PM »
eh bullshit. you'll rock 30 and relegate me to 2nd place. again.  >:(

i doubt it

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2008, 01:18:24 PM »
eh bullshit. you'll rock 30 and relegate me to 2nd place. again.  >:(

Sandbaggin' son of a bitch! ;D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
As a show of good faith to someone just recently embarking on his powerlifting career, can i be permitted to squat the 225?lol.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »
As a show of good faith to someone just recently embarking on his powerlifting career, can i be permitted to squat the 225?lol.

davie

if you can beat me squatting, i'll be DAMN impressed. i'm lucky if i can hit 15 with 225 on squats.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »
Can videos still be submitted on the 1st of June?

I taking a video tomorrow though ill be training much earlier so ill be weaker even with teh benching.

Honestly if i get 15 ill be ok, dont know what to expect, i think the more you do it the better you become.

If i can still submit ON 1st June ill be taking another video on saturday then.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »
1st is the deadline, so i can't imagine why a video submitted on the 1st wouldn't count.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2008, 02:52:07 PM »
depending how i go i might try fresh on sat.

see im prob going to watch an oly lifting comp on sat so ill be up at the gym neway

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2008, 03:17:45 PM »
if you can beat me squatting, i'll be DAMN impressed. i'm lucky if i can hit 15 with 225 on squats.

Haha its funny but ur low rep squatting kicks my ass, but a while ago i did 236 for 22.

Does that mean im in lol (just messing).

davie

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2008, 03:53:37 PM »
Haha its funny but ur low rep squatting kicks my ass, but a while ago i did 236 for 22.

Does that mean im in lol (just messing).

davie

no shit, i'd love to see that on video. 236x22 on squats? holy lord. that almost made me throw up just thinking about it!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2008, 02:46:09 AM »
no shit, i'd love to see that on video. 236x22 on squats? holy lord. that almost made me throw up just thinking about it!

Yeh it hurt alot doing it lol. It was wen i was doing DC, did one low rep se (after warm ups) of a leg excercise, then i followed it with back squat widow maker.It was horrible, everything ws hurting shoulders arms, i just tried to focus on my breathing and just do a rep after taking a few breathes,sum how i got there lol.

Im actually doing front squats as my heavy lower body move at the mo, but iv put 20 rep squats in as anothe of my leg moves that day, so il film it if i can.

Tried it the other day with 202 and got 22 ok, after max front squat, so needless to say it 2 days later and my legs are v sore lol.

davie

Bona

• Getbig II
  • Creating Websites For Singapore
« Reply #185 on: May 28, 2008, 06:42:06 AM »
Hello
Here's my vid

I think i did 20 or 21

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »
Hello
Here's my vid

I think i did 20 or 21

i think the contest is limited to established members, but otherwise good showing. looked like some pretty heavy bouncing off the chest, and rep 21 didn't lock so i wouldn't count it, but a bouncy 20 is still damn good work.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2008, 09:53:08 AM »
i think the contest is limited to established members, but otherwise good showing. looked like some pretty heavy bouncing off the chest, and rep 21 didn't lock so i wouldn't count it, but a bouncy 20 is still damn good work.

A few didnt touch the chest either, sorry. The contest IS only for GetBig members with 100+ posts. The rules are the very first post of the very first page of this thread.

Bona

• Getbig II
  • Creating Websites For Singapore
« Reply #188 on: May 28, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »
Yep, i know, i just wanna gauge myself.
Thanks

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #189 on: May 28, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »

you can see that although my hips lift, my butt keeps contact the whole time. sorry for the people walking in front of the camera though. i didn't have any control over that. :-\

jesus christ I can stand when people stand there yellin "come on !!"

good effort steve...

I should have taken my break after this and entered

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »
alright well I got my first attempt in ony got 18 was kinda suprised how heavy it felt after 12. Im pretty sure that I can get 21 or so my triceps started giving before my chest so maybe doing it the day after arms was a bad idea...here it is its pretty dark and you cant see the weights very well, the next time i will do it during the day so you can see them its a 45 a 35 and a 10...

Im not even sure this will be admitted b/c you cant see the weights very well, Im just posting this b/c I dont know if ill get another chance, im pretty sure I will but I have work tomorrow, maybe a job interview on friday and my friend is in town from iraq on sat. so im kinda interested if were able to submit on the 1st as well?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »
Nice job tonymctones! Im not the judge here but I would definitely pass all those reps. Great effort!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2008, 10:28:45 PM »
Hello
Here's my vid

I think i did 20 or 21
good set
A

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2008, 02:16:01 AM »
Yep, i know, i just wanna gauge myself.
Thanks

Nice set, sorry they are treating you like a red headed stepchild and dissecting your set and kicking you out of the contest, not all of Getbig are as tough on people as Maggoo and L4S. I think you have until June 1st to get those 100 posts, not sure though. Feel free to go to the E board and bump 96 threads with and emoticon or letter or whatever in the next few days :)
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2008, 02:19:31 AM »
A few didnt touch the chest either, sorry. The contest IS only for GetBig members with 100+ posts. The rules are the very first post of the very first page of this thread.

That first post also states that the contest has been over for 29 days, so which rules are you gonna stick to and which ones are you going to look the other way on? Is this a typo or is the contest over?

TO ALL GETBIGGERS! The powerlifting board is proud to announce putting on the first ever getbig bench press challenge!! Another HUGE thanks to our REPEAT sponsors APT prowriststraps.com and AtLarge Nutrition courtesy of our very own CHRIS MASON!

THE CHALLENGE: 225LB BENCH PRESS FOR REPS!!!

THE RULES:

must be an active posting member with 100posts or better!

no shirts, no fake plates, no gimmicks..no bullshit..

this is a raw meet..only wrist wraps and belts are allowed

must be a full rep with lockout....touch and go pressing is allowed.

must show 225 on the bar clearly while performing your left along with lockouts and touches...

no time limit

the moment a spotter touches the bar...the rep challenge is over and any reps after that are null and void

the event starts when the competitor unracks the weight...once the bar is reracked or touched by another person the lift is over...

doesn't matter what video format you put it in as long as you post it here in this thread as your entry...

EVENT DURATION: STARTING TODAY! AND ENDS MAY 1, 2008!!! GET IT IN AND GET IT DONE!

THE JUDGES:  A HUGE THANKS FOR THESE GUYS TAKING THEIR TIME TO JUDGE OUR EVENT... THANKS JASON PEGG, SQUADFATHER, AND CHRIS_MASON our sponsor!!!

PRIZES!!!!!!

1st place!!!  100 dollars towards an atlarge nutriton order and APT wrist wraps of their choice!
2nd place!!! 75 dollars towards an atlarge nutrition order and APT wrist wraps of their choice!
3rd place!!!  50 dollars towards an atlarge nutrition order and APT wrist wraps of their choice!

AND an special prize from myself personally for the best LB FOR LB lifter in this meet!!!

atlarge nutrition and APT are also giving a discount for ALL lifters competing..but you don't get the discount codes until you post a video!  ;D

SO LET'S PUT ON A SHOW GUYS! LET'S SEE WHAT YOU'VE GOT!!! let's do it!
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2008, 02:47:30 AM »
That first post also states that the contest has been over for 29 days, so which rules are you gonna stick to and which ones are you going to look the other way on? Is this a typo or is the contest over?

Not very consistent.

If you make a contest you have to be consistent with the rules, if you are going to start applying them.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2008, 03:10:42 AM »
Not very consistent.

If you make a contest you have to be consistent with the rules, if you are going to start applying them.

Everyone who entered past May 1st is technically disqualified. I will be very interested to see how this plays out. Who is in charge of this mess anyway? Does Ron even know about this contest? He would never allow people to run a contest and let their "friends" enter 28 days after it closed. Were you contacted about helping run this thing? Or Bluto? I know I wasn't and look what happened. I am going to need some answers on this one, cuz someone fucked up.
E

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48:12 AM »
LOL it says on the first page that May 1 was a typo and it's June 1. 

:)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2008, 03:52:48 AM »

Lift4Size said the rules were in the first post. Rules are rules. Who is in charge of this anyway? How can something like that, in bold no less, go unnoticed? What if people read the first post and figured it was too late to enter? Typo or not, it was a big mistake and needs to be dealt with.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2008, 04:04:48 AM »

Rip it boils down to this for me, Magoo, Wicked and L4S are good people and this is a good idea for a contest. But I feel that if you are using Rons site for something then put in the extra work to make sure the thing is done fairly, and done right. I would hate to see Ron ban contests on here because people didn't have time to do a little proofreading to make sure everything was done right. Also, if you need some outside help to make sure things are done fairly, you can always ask Bluto or DP for help with the heavy thinking stuff. Since I like the guys who are putting on this contest, I am not going to bash them, actually I think it's a good idea and has been enjoyable, but next time pay attention to the details, at least the important ones! :)
E