Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!  (Read 45221 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
Did you see the kind of shit that happend to squadfather?.. and anyway, i would lose the respect of everyone in the gym if i went in and recorded myself benching for an internet forum, i have nothing to prove and couldn't care less what you think, but its obvious my comment affected you because you just melted down incredibly.

-anyway, this topic has gone way off, this space should be for people who are going to enter a vid, oh yea there isn't anyone. might aswell send the prizes to magoo already.

hmm.

hey wicked, how's your "cred" in the gym doing these days? mine's pretty much solid, you'll notice i've even gotten a few people to hold the camera for me. i'd hate to think that in reality everyone hates me now.  :(

by the by, excellent work on exposing yourself as a nice little bullshitter. "i could outlift you and get all these free supplements and shit, but i don't wanna." ::)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2008, 05:04:39 AM »
I've got 235 for 12, do have video, and I'm female, 5'5' and 175@ 16% bodyfat...or you can see me on Reality TV soon, doing powerlifting, breaking records...I can back up everything with pics and video, I know how this site is. No pics or video, it didn't happen. ;D

I think you should definitely enter the challenge.  You've got until June 1 to post your video.  :)

:)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »

I think you should definitely enter the challenge.  You've got until June 1 to post your video.  :)

You think she is natural? No way would these guys ruin Rons reputation by allowing "assisted" people to enter this. Mindspin set the right precedent with the Mr. Getbig contest, naturals only!
E

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
You think she is natural? No way would these guys ruin Rons reputation by allowing "assisted" people to enter this. Mindspin set the right precedent with the Mr. Getbig contest, naturals only!

i'm sure the "assisted" guys are up front about their usage, they could have a 2nd division maybe? wicked's natural, i'm assuming chris and lift4 are although i've never seen it brought up.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2008, 03:26:25 AM »
i'm sure the "assisted" guys are up front about their usage, they could have a 2nd division maybe? wicked's natural, i'm assuming chris and lift4 are although i've never seen it brought up.

Nothing wrong with second divisions, everyone should get to compete. It's just good to have an assumed natural division considering this site is representing Ron and the contests should be for fun, not for people who are willing to take a few years off their lives for a few extra pounds of muscle.
E

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »
I must say when I think GetBig, I think NATURAL! ::) ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »
hmm.

hey wicked, how's your "cred" in the gym doing these days? mine's pretty much solid, you'll notice i've even gotten a few people to hold the camera for me. i'd hate to think that in reality everyone hates me now.  :(

by the by, excellent work on exposing yourself as a nice little bullshitter. "i could outlift you and get all these free supplements and shit, but i don't wanna." ::)

lmao..

um.. no one says shit to me about anything i do in the gym.

is that a sign?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
WTF wicked are you natural? I knew i hated your ass, damn it your a strong ass mofo for sure brother 8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
WTF wicked are you natural? I knew i hated your ass, damn it your a strong ass mofo for sure brother 8)

at the moment.. yes!  ;D

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2008, 09:40:11 AM »
i'm thinking about this one (at least it's an exercise i'm fairly strong at) but i'm querying the prizes...

i still haven't received the promised prize for the last challenge ???

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2008, 12:43:17 PM »
i'm thinking about this one (at least it's an exercise i'm fairly strong at) but i'm querying the prizes...

i still haven't received the promised prize for the last challenge ???

Really?! Did you talk to Wicked about it? It was the gripper, right? You are in Australia arent you?

Either way, only a few days left, guys! Where is Goudy at? He didnt put up his vid yet.

I will have mine in very soon.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2008, 01:04:46 PM »
Goudy Here. Will be put up on wednseday as its my last chance. last day i went ointo do it i cudnt be fuckjed and never even finished my workout...did 9 reps whole workout lol

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2008, 02:50:47 PM »
So far what we got ill be posting mine on wednesday and it will be sub sub par for many reason. just hope to scrape a placing lol

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »
So far what we got ill be posting mine on wednesday and it will be sub sub par for many reason. just hope to scrape a placing lol

yeah right. you're gonna give me a false sense of security and then put up a video of you hitting 28, admit it.  :P

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
lol i wish im in middle of final year law exams and stressed like fuck so not been training oir eating as much.

also ill be doing this after chest workout.

what are the totals so far?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2008, 05:27:32 PM »
me with 20, Lift4 with five. we're it so far.  :-\

i'm aiming for 25 tomorrow after all my heavy benching, but i'm not entirely sure it'll happen.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »
I'll be aiming for 50 so I can beat Wolfe! 8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2008, 11:33:17 AM »
got 21 after my heavy sets. SHOULD have had 22, but the last two inches just would not happen.  >:(

EDIT: incidentally, my buddy got 19 (maybe a few less if you knock off for butt lifting), which i think puts him in 2nd if he's in any way eligible, provided few other getbiggers enter.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2008, 11:51:05 AM »

you can see that although my hips lift, my butt keeps contact the whole time. sorry for the people walking in front of the camera though. i didn't have any control over that. :-\

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »

you can see that although my hips lift, my butt keeps contact the whole time. sorry for the people walking in front of the camera though. i didn't have any control over that. :-\

Nice effort on the 22nd rep! You gotta teach me that hip-lifting trick LOL...I love how your ass appears to stay on the bench. ;D

Not sure how the judges can call the reps where the dude is standing right in front of the camera, but I doubt it really matters until you have some submissions that are actually going to turn this into a competition!

Does your buddy have a post count on here?   

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2008, 12:07:55 PM »
haha, my ass DOES stay on the bench! what's happening is my glutes are relaxed at the bottom of each rep, so when i flex them my hips come up and the Butt Surface Area (BSA) on the bench is lower. so while my hips are higher on the positive portion of the lift, my butt never loses contact. try it just in your chair. relax, then flex your ass. did you lift up a bit? same deal.

hopefully the judges won't penalize me for guys in front of the camera. i couldn't really "plan" for that and cheat when they're in the way, plus you can see the last 7-8 reps fully and my form hasn't degraded, you know?

no, my friend isn't a poster here, but he wanted to try it out anyway just to see if he could keep up. did pretty well i thought.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »
haha, my ass DOES stay on the bench! what's happening is my glutes are relaxed at the bottom of each rep, so when i flex them my hips come up and the Butt Surface Area (BSA) on the bench is lower. so while my hips are higher on the positive portion of the lift, my butt never loses contact. try it just in your chair. relax, then flex your ass. did you lift up a bit? same deal.

hopefully the judges won't penalize me for guys in front of the camera. i couldn't really "plan" for that and cheat when they're in the way, plus you can see the last 7-8 reps fully and my form hasn't degraded, you know?

no, my friend isn't a poster here, but he wanted to try it out anyway just to see if he could keep up. did pretty well i thought.

It'll only be an issue if a bunch of guys submit videos around the 20-21 rep mark.

Is "BSA" official powerlifting terminology?  Just checking cuz I'm sort of a noob, ya know!   ;)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2008, 12:16:08 PM »
It'll only be an issue if a bunch of guys submit videos around the 20-21 rep mark.

true. goudy has a good chance of topping me tomorrow. which means i really gotta be on my game and go for it again on friday or saturday.

Is "BSA" official powerlifting terminology?  Just checking cuz I'm sort of a noob, ya know!   ;)

dear lord i hope not.  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »
true. goudy has a good chance of topping me tomorrow. which means i really gotta be on my game and go for it again on friday or saturday.

dear lord i hope not.  ;D

i BELIEVE i'll be putting in my attempt tomorrow.. haha.. hoping for 15 reps.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »
i BELIEVE i'll be putting in my attempt tomorrow.. haha.. hoping for 15 reps.

eh bullshit. you'll rock 30 and relegate me to 2nd place. again.  >:(