Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!  (Read 44905 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!
« Reply #275 on: June 02, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »
me too! it's hard to shake the feeling that all the monsters of this board let me have this one.  >:(

i'll be very, very annoyed when i get my stuff from atlarge and APT, i will.  >:( ;D

I bet you will!   ;D

:)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2008, 10:57:28 PM »
me too! it's hard to shake the feeling that all the monsters of this board let me have this one.  >:(

i'll be very, very annoyed when i get my stuff from atlarge and APT, i will.  >:( ;D

Just take what you won and enjoy it.   You entered, you did the most reps, you earned what you have.   The others didn't enter, for whatever reason they may have.   Thats fine.  You got what you earned, they didn't.  ;D

And again, good job.   ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #277 on: June 03, 2008, 04:05:12 AM »
Just take what you won and enjoy it.   You entered, you did the most reps, you earned what you have.   The others didn't enter, for whatever reason they may have.   Thats fine.  You got what you earned, they didn't.  ;D

And again, good job.   ;)

X2. Although, next time I honestly think that vids should be turned into the organizer at anytime before the deadline and then released on the day of the contest for all to see. If I am not mistaken Magoo did 23 reps early, for all to see. People are going to see that and just say fuck it cuz they have no shot. Good contest though, it kept my interest anyway.
E

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2008, 06:13:25 AM »
X2. Although, next time I honestly think that vids should be turned into the organizer at anytime before the deadline and then released on the day of the contest for all to see. If I am not mistaken Magoo did 23 reps early, for all to see. People are going to see that and just say fuck it cuz they have no shot. Good contest though, it kept my interest anyway.

That's actually a pretty good idea.

:)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #279 on: June 03, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »
what were the final standings then?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2008, 07:58:22 AM »

you know i was thinking that the other day when i mulled over the idea of a "getbig PL meet" to pair with the Mr Getbig. record three attempts of all three lifts, put 'em together, send them to a "judge" panel, and then on the day of the "meet" everything gets released.

what were the final standings then?

magoo - 23
tonymctones - 19
goudy - 18
mattC - 16
lift4 - 5 >:(

bona - somewhere between 15 and 20 depending on how much we count. wasn't part of the contest, but still a great attempt.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2008, 09:54:38 AM »

lift4 - 5 >:(

Is there something, Magoo? 8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »
Is there something, Magoo? 8)

yes, i wanted to see what you're capable of. heck with the prizes and everything, i'm curious as to who besides wolfy and jeremy can top 30.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »
yes, i wanted to see what you're capable of. heck with the prizes and everything, i'm curious as to who besides wolfy and jeremy can top 30.

If I didnt fukc up my shoulders I would have cleaned this shit up, hahaha! But thats the way it goes. I havent been having a whole lot of luck with injuries lately. My low body is doing great but my upper body is taking a beating.

I will put up a vid in a week or two if I am healed....then you all can surrender your half used tubs of supps to me! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  >:(

Just so you know, I tried it one day when this began and knocked out 25 with another 5-10 in the tank. The 5 rep posting was just because I figured it would get people moving....and it did.  :)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2008, 12:25:13 PM »
dude, you know what you should do just because i'd laugh my ass off?

do the 225 challenge on OHP. using some leg drive i'll bet you'd get, what, 15 or so?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »
dude, you know what you should do just because i'd laugh my ass off?

do the 225 challenge on OHP. using some leg drive i'll bet you'd get, what, 15 or so?

Want me to? Alright. Let me get my shoulders in good health and I will do both the same day. I have hit 15 with 225 OHP before so I will aim for 20. If I do the OHP first I would expect my bench to suffer a little but think 25-30 reps is still doable. Give me a week or two so I dont tear my shit up any further.

Good idea!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »
Ha Ha do i win a proze for my small attempt?

how do i claim it?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »
Want me to? Alright. Let me get my shoulders in good health and I will do both the same day. I have hit 15 with 225 OHP before so I will aim for 20. If I do the OHP first I would expect my bench to suffer a little but think 25-30 reps is still doable. Give me a week or two so I dont tear my shit up any further.

Good idea!

dude, no rush on it. i just would love to see what you're capable of. you're a fucking powerhouse.

GOUDY, since you hit 3rd place you're in the top 3. shoot me your email address and i'll get it to ron. or if you'd prefer, send it to ron directly.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2008, 02:24:44 PM »
dude, no rush on it. i just would love to see what you're capable of. you're a fucking powerhouse.

GOUDY, since you hit 3rd place you're in the top 3. shoot me your email address and i'll get it to ron. or if you'd prefer, send it to ron directly.

cheers mr magoo its....johngoudy@hotmail.com
congrats btw.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2008, 03:01:38 PM »

Powerhouse! Hahaha! Thanks, bro!  ;D

I should be doing much better all things considered but I will take a compliment when I can get one!

Congratulations to everyone! Some people actually back their shit up on GetBig and it happens on the PL/Strongman Board!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »

I should be doing much better all things considered but I will take a compliment when I can get one!

Congratulations to everyone! Some people actually back their shit up on GetBig and it happens on the PL/Strongman Board!

HAHA NO SHIT! CONGRATS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ENTERED! Next time we'll release the entries on the final day like DS suggested becaues it prevents people from wanting to join after seeing what others do.

guess magoo scared the getbig pusses out the door! :D

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
what is the next contest?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2008, 08:01:45 AM »

The powerlifting/strongman board is fucking great  ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »
Im just dissappointed there wasnt really anything to judge LOL.  Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who entered.  I realize it didnt have a huge turnout, but winning is winning.

Jason

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #294 on: June 07, 2008, 04:51:49 PM »
Guys, Wicked is going to gather up the information on the winners and forward it to me to have the products shipped.

Congrats to the winners!

Chris
w

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #295 on: June 07, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
Guys, Wicked is going to gather up the information on the winners and forward it to me to have the products shipped.

Congrats to the winners!

Chris

Thanks again to Alan and Chris for your continued sponsorship of contests here on the board!

www.prowriststraps.com

www.atlargenutrition.com

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2008, 09:29:58 AM »
so... what's up?  >:(

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2008, 11:06:53 PM »
I just shot wicked an email this evening.

If he does not get in contact with you winners in the next day or so please PM me with your full name, address, a link which shows your placing, and what you want and I will take care of it.

Chris
w

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »
I just shot wicked an email this evening.

If he does not get in contact with you winners in the next day or so please PM me with your full name, address, a link which shows your placing, and what you want and I will take care of it.

Chris

Thanks Chris!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2008, 05:35:36 PM »
now we just gotta wait on APT and ron to get the rest in line. i want my free muscletech shit.  >:(

hey chris, if you still have the record of my last order there, check out the additional note i put on it. i think it's pretty prescient given what just happened.  ;D