Author Topic: How crap is this years New York Pro?  (Read 6464 times)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Re: How crap is this years New York Pro?
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 04:07:25 AM »
The official getbig Big6 is an exclusive club consisting of myself, gh15, mars, Howie, donkeykong and mars. Collectively, without our wisdom and knowledge, the board would be finished. The getbig big6 has been mentioned on many occasions prior, there was even a recent thread on it.
As I recall you told RON whats up and how to get more board members on here it almost shut down awhile back I lurked these boards, but like I said you saved it.  There was a petition by STARK though to do something like like give prizes away for the first 10k post person, 5k member, etc..like supplements, but RON didnt have enough money do such things at the time.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 04:07:33 AM »
the 7 lucky gods of getbig, so to speak!

Indeed, perhaps the seven suggests that eventually someone else will be elected to join us in our high chairs.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 04:08:11 AM »
By virtue of our superior postal history. We are akin to the *6 wise men* of the boards, offering guidance and wisdom to the fellow members. We are truly the heartbeat of the board.

Well, as the mere mortal that i am, i feel honoured to be posting on the same thread...
No doubt about it...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 04:08:34 AM »
Indeed, perhaps the seven suggests that eventually someone else will be elected to join us in our high chairs.

i vote for mars!

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 04:10:31 AM »
As I recall you told RON whats up and how to get more board members on here it almost shut down awhile back I lurked these boards, but like I said you saved it.  There was a petition by STARK though to do something like like give prizes away for the first 10k post person, 5k member, etc..like supplements, but RON didnt have enough money do such things at the time.
Mind you, it is not just me that has saved the board. Collectively, the entire getbig Big 6 have.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 04:11:18 AM »
Well, as the mere mortal that i am, i feel honoured to be posting on the same thread...
You are welcome. Just enjoy interacting with the creame de la creme.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 04:12:27 AM »
Mind you, it is not just me that has saved the board. Collectively, the entire getbig Big 6 have.
my bad, but I believe your the leader......

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 04:13:45 AM »
i vote for mars!
The potential seventh getbig big 6 inductee would be the poster England-1. However, any possible addition to the current six would be a major event, and would need to be sanctioned through the courts etc.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 04:15:30 AM »
my bad, but I believe your the leader......
No. Collectively we are just 6 syched parts of an efficent machine. There is no overall "leader," just a single heartbeat provided by six wise souls.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 04:16:05 AM »
The potential seventh getbig big 6 inductee would be the poster England-1. However, any possible addition to the current six would be a major event, and would need to be sanctioned through the courts etc.

i vote against anyone except mars.

the big 6 are the big 6, what the fuck do the big 6 want with a 7th member.

it's as if america had two presidents.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 04:20:50 AM »
getbig is serious business...
No doubt about it...

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 04:21:05 AM »
i vote against anyone except mars.

the big 6 are the big 6, what the fuck do the big 6 want with a 7th member.

it's as if america had two presidents.
You have a point. I also see the big6 staying exactly as it is:6 members. Reference was only made to a possible seventh member by virtue of your upload depicting the seven Gods. Given that, to all intents and purposes, the getbig Big6 has six Gods amongst its ranks, a seventh member would have made your analogy complete. But you are indeed correct, the 6 will remain just as that.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 04:27:30 AM »
IMPORTANT NEWS:
Whilst talking with Pepe on this week's Pro bodybuilding weekly, Jay Cutler gives exactly the same prediction for this years Mr. O as myself:

1) Cutler
2) Jackson
3) Heath
4) Wolf
5) Greene

Given this uncanny prediction, maybe Cutler would be the seventh hypothetical inductee, to the getbig exclusive club?

To think along the same mindset as the Big 6 member Determinator, well, he must be doing something correct.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 04:28:34 AM »
getbig is serious business...

We become this junk, the seriousness, exactly, it is very as a religion and the politics which more are to be large makes, it can do thing, therefore from the large 6 Tsuga seriousness furthermore it allots in order to look at those which are more serious.

larger_format

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 04:28:58 AM »
was under the impression the New York shows always had a good turnout because of the clout of the promoters
(Wayne DeMillia-NOC) and now Steve Weinbergger-in other words it was a good political IFBB move to be there  -- otherwise individual IFBB careers could suffer - does not seem to be the case this year in NYC  which may be a reflection of the current economy and the health of IFBB as an org. or just bodybuilding in general OR ALL OF THE ABOVE !!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 04:37:05 AM »
We become this junk, the seriousness, exactly, it is very as a religion and the politics which more are to be large makes, it can do thing, therefore from the large 6 Tsuga seriousness furthermore it allots in order to look at those which are more serious.

I think you have been talking to dave czech too much...
No doubt about it...

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 04:37:11 AM »
was under the impression the New York shows always had a good turnout because of the clout of the promoters
(Wayne DeMillia-NOC) and now Steve Weinbergger-in other words it was a good political IFBB move to be there  -- otherwise individual IFBB careers could suffer - does not seem to be the case this year in NYC  which may be a reflection of the current economy and the health of IFBB as an org. or just bodybuilding in general OR ALL OF THE ABOVE !!
Yes, shows are looking lame and shows are getting cancelled-the Keystone, Montreal and even Shawn ray's show isn't running this year. I think one move would be for the IFBB to have EVERY competitor having to re qualify for the Mr. O each year. More names would be in the shows and the *pros* making the posedown would not have the option of just sitting on their arses for a year.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 04:43:12 AM »
I think you have been talking to dave czech too much...

i found out i can up the "dave czech"iness of my posts when i online translate what i wrote to japanese and then back into english.

takes only seconds but makes you look like a magician from the middle ages.  ;D ;D

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 04:47:11 AM »
i found out i can up the "dave czech"iness of my posts when i online translate what i wrote to japanese and then back into english.

takes only seconds but makes you look like a magician from the middle ages.  ;D ;D
You are a Big 6 member, by definition you are a magician.

Moosejay

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 05:12:40 AM »
Well a good thing about the NY Pro is Bob hosting...he is very good, keeps it running....no intermissions...all show, no bullshit....nothing worse than sitting at a  show for 3+ hours

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
Make everyone requalify and only winners qualify for the Olympia.  Bob, can you work on this to increase the quality of these 2nd tier shows?

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2008, 08:01:01 AM »
This year NY Pro seems to be the best chance for Pro´s who allready not qualified for the Mr. O to get there qualification.

Kai Greene (allready qualified) is the top-contender for 1. place.
so there are 4 tickets left for other athletes.....i think Rockel, White, Henry, Mishkin and also the winner of the Arnolds Classic Amateur-Contest Tarek el Sethoui have a good chance to get there ticket for the Big O.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 08:04:22 AM »
I'm a big "Mars" fan.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 08:04:42 AM »
Ronny Rockel is very cocky and thinks he is the best.  He is very rude to the judges and that is why he doesn’t place very well.

The German Community are very “stick together” however Ronny and Dennis James are hated by the bodybuilding community cause of what I said about Ronny and DJ being GH 15 and talking all that shit on the boards.

Dennis Wolf is the most popular in Germany now and never talks shit about anyone or complains about judging to you can forecast that he will do will this year

Same cannot be said about DJ and Ronny

Ben white has to be really good to win but I think he can get a O qualification
Is Kai lost he will pay the price dearly in the O but will be given another chance cause it will be his first screw up

and yes the line up is weak

He might be rude but the real reason is he doesn't get ripped enough.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 08:39:19 AM »
Well a good thing about the NY Pro is Bob hosting...he is very good, keeps it running....no intermissions...all show, no bullshit....nothing worse than sitting at a  show for 3+ hours
bob is actually King of NY  haha