Author Topic: Best IFBB historian - Tim Fogarty or Joe Roark?  (Read 14483 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Best IFBB historian - Tim Fogarty or Joe Roark?
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
Camel Jockey made a good point.  I am taking this to another board on here since it is out of place in G&O and this thread is meant to be about Tim and Joe.  I will come back to post a link once I get that thread up in there though.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »
 That whites have a higher average IQ than blacks, and that Asians of the Pacific rim have a higher IQ than whites is a well established fact in psychometrics and well accepted among psychometricians. Matt C is correct about his statements. Unless you know more than Harvard professors, Charles Murrey and Richard Hernstein, who dedicated their lives to studying this topic, or Arthur Jensen, the World's leading expert on intelligence research, then you should really refrain from stating your opinion.

This is what I have to say on the topic.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
  This is what I have to say on the topic.

Good stuff

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »
Who deleted my reply directing people to the politics board?  Ron, I thought that's what you wanted - for me to keep this off the G&O board and discuss it elsewhere?  I am a reasonable person and quite willing to comply with that request.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=211592.0
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2008, 03:50:01 PM »
LOL, did you forgot that we have seen you post before? You're lying through your teeth.
My point still stands, you act too hard and trying to form some new online persona for you.

Although English isn't the only language I speak I can still put you to shame and make you run to Google for help, but some of us arent full of nothing but hot air like you.

Matt C claims an IQ of at least 130.

Although he's tested a little lower sometimes, and a little higher a couple of times as well.

Two questions:

1. Who takes the time to do several IQ tests (one IQ test typically last at least an hour)?

2. Does he actually think anyone is buying that load of crap (it's right up there with the 405 lbs squats for 20 reps by 240 or Bust if you ask me).

As empty as paradise

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »
Matt C claims an IQ of at least 130.

Although he's tested a little lower sometimes, and a little higher a couple of times as well.

Two questions:

1. Who takes the time to do several IQ tests (one IQ test typically last at least an hour)?

2. Does he actually think anyone is buying that load of crap (it's right up there with the 405 lbs squats for 20 reps by 240 or Bust if you ask me).

You cannot study for IQ tests, nor can IQ be improved, which is why my IQ has remained the same over years other than the expected variance due to the predetermined reliability of the test.  Within 1/3 of a standard deviation is to be expected.

Do you honestly think a person can study and be successful on national math competitions?  Do you think a person can merely study and solve a Rubik's cube?  Or excel at chess?

Genetics > environment.

Even if I was a card carrying member of Mensa, you and others on here would still doubt my IQ.  Nothing will change your mind because you appear to want to believe this anyway.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
I was 137 IQ repeatedly in grade school when tested.

in real life, it doesn't matter one bit.

There are people with way lower IQs who make more $ than me.

There are people with higher IQs who can't get laid.

Above all, no matter how smart any of us is... we all die one day.  So if nobody is smart enough to outsmart death, it appears we're all actually dumber than rocks.  It's just a matter of "some of us are dumber than others"?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »

There are people with way lower IQs who make more $ than me.

There are people with higher IQs who can't get laid.

Above all, no matter how smart any of us is... we all die one day.  So if nobody is smart enough to outsmart death, it appears we're all actually dumber than rocks.  It's just a matter of "some of us are dumber than others"?

women only care about cock size and green anyway

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2008, 04:14:05 PM »

Right...

Yeah, it's not like populations with higher average IQs don't have better economies, better overall health, and more functional societies or anything.  As we all know, Africa and Europe are about equal in these areas.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »
Matt C - It's because you protest too much and it's so painfully obvious that you care  to an unhealthy extent that random strangers on a bodybuilding board (muscleheads ffs) think you're intelligent.  This immediately makes one question why you're coming to a website and going to such extreme lengths to convince people of this. It just makes it look like you're trying to create an internet persona. Most intelligent people are secure and comfortable with that knowledge and never need to say 'I'm intelligent' and post pictures of qualifications.

If you were getting constant intellectual recognition and stimulation in the real world you wouldn't be seeking it on Getbig. You'd be coming here to chill out, chew the fat, laugh at pros, and look at semi-nude women, trust me.
O

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »
Matt C - It's because you protest too much and it's so painfully obvious that you care  to an unhealthy extent that random strangers on a bodybuilding board (muscleheads ffs) think you're intelligent.  This immediately makes one question why you're coming to a website and going to such extreme lengths to convince people of this. It just makes it look like you're trying to create an internet persona. Most intelligent people are secure and comfortable with that knowledge and never need to say 'I'm intelligent' and post pictures of qualifications.

If you were getting constant intellectual recognition and stimulation in the real world you wouldn't be seeking it on Getbig. You'd be coming here to chill out, chew the fat, laugh at pros, and look at semi-nude women, trust me.

Actually if you haven't notice, I don't say anything about my intelligence until I am called out on it, just like Zack prompted me to do above.  If attacked or challenged to prove it, I will.  Otherwise I will remain quiet.

This reminds me of people who said I should be more polite in my posts in order to elicit a more favourable response - as if I haven't been doing exactly that to no avail in five years of posting here.

Once again, it is a false assumption that I have done any of this out of the blue.  Consider actually looking at the comments which prompted this type of reaction from me to begin with.  Of course, when posting on a board where the average member is of below average intelligence, it was bound I would have an intellectual conflict on here eventually.  It was exactly what Einstein meant when he said "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." [awaits for a dumb as shit getbig member to now claim I am comparing myself to Einstein and attack that straw man].

Lastly, I DO get intellectual recognition in the real world.  That is what is ironic - people on here claim I am not intelligent yet not one of my university professors would agree with them.  Perhaps the getbig dumb fucks know something they don't?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2008, 04:42:42 PM »
Actually if you haven't notice, I don't say anything about my intelligence until I am called out on it, just like Zack prompted me to do above.  If attacked or challenged to prove it, I will.  Otherwise I will remain quiet.

This reminds me of people who said I should be more polite in my posts in order to elicit a more favourable response - as if I haven't been doing exactly that to no avail in five years of posting here.

Once again, it is a false assumption that I have done any of this out of the blue.  Consider actually looking at the comments which prompted this type of reaction from me to begin with.  Of course, when posting on a board where the average member is of below average intelligence, it was bound I would have an intellectual conflict on here eventually.  It was exactly what Einstein meant when he said "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." [awaits for a dumb as shit getbig member to now claim I am comparing myself to Einstein and attack that straw man].

Lastly, I DO get intellectual recognition in the real world.  That is what is ironic - people on here claim I am not intelligent yet not one of my university professors would agree with them.  Perhaps the getbig dumb fucks know something they don't?

You're insecurity on your ' intelligence ' screams through every post and Einstein also said

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." keep that in mind.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »
 Then, if you are as intelligent as you constantly claim, you should have realised after five years of futility that the kind of debating and reasoning you're purportedly looking for is not going to happen on a muscleman site. Particularly if your assertion that the average member is below average intelligence is true.

Indeed, it doesn't show intelligence* to keep doing something that doesn't work and patently frustrates and deeply upsets you. 

* I am yet to see demonstrably superior intellect than the average member from you. You often resort to insults and expletives then claim that your opponent is making use of Ad Hominems and the Straw man fallacy when these are your tactics as much, if not more, than theirs. You sometimes come across as a first year undergraduate just starting to learn about these phrases and debating in general.
O

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »
You're insecurity on your ' intelligence ' screams through every post and Einstein also said

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." keep that in mind.

Get this, ND.  If you breath down my neck long enough, I'm going to hit you.  Likewise, if people continue to disrespect me on this board when I am being polite and showing decorum, I am bound to change my temperament as I have on here too.

TrueGrit - as I said, I got attacked first.  Secondly, there is substance and science in my posts and not solely insults.  Those insulting me cannot normally say the same.  Most of their postings are devoid of anything BUT insults.

Also, yes, it was unintelligent of me to not figure out getbig sooner, although I would prefer to call it naivety, which I suppose is a construct of intelligence.  Subscribing to the egalitarian fraud that is fed to all of us is why I thought this.  I would always naturally assume everyone was as intelligent and diplomatic as me, when I should not have insulted my own intelligence by even assuming they could look me in the eye intellectually to begin with.

Then one day, *light bulb over the head moment*, I discovered that maybe people aren't as smart as me and it is their own piss poor biology which results in conflicts between us.  Maybe this also explains why I get along so much better with intelligent people and maybe heredity explains certain aggregate actions of ethnic groups too.  DOH!

I want people to look at my past mistakes as the tale of Icarus in Greek mythology - the cautionary tale of the man who flew too close to the sun.  Awareness is something which can only help you in life, never hurt you.

Lastly, I don't see how you can't differentiate my intelligence from an average board board member when the average board member cannot distinguish between "your" and "you're" and can't string together a sentence in English coherently.  The fact you even wrote a reply to me about the topic at hand and did so with a good  grasp of vocabulary and spelling is enough proof for me that you are smarter than the average member here.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
Get this, ND.  If you breath down my neck long enough, I'm going to hit you.  Likewise, if people continue to disrespect me on this board when I am being polite and showing decorum, I am bound to change my temperament as I have on here too.

TrueGrit - as I said, I got attacked first.  Secondly, there is substance and science in my posts and not solely insults.  Those insulting me cannot normally say the same.  Most of their postings are devoid of anything BUT insults.

Also, yes, it was unintelligent of me to not figure out getbig sooner, although I would prefer to call it naivety, which I suppose is a construct of intelligence.  Subscribing to the egalitarian fraud that is fed to all of us is why I thought this.  I would always naturally assume everyone was as intelligent and diplomatic as me, when I should not have insulted my own intelligence by even assuming they could look me in the eye intellectually to begin with.

Then one day, *light bulb over the head moment*, I discovered that maybe people aren't as smart as me and it is their own piss poor biology which results in conflicts between us.  Maybe this also explains why I get along so much better with intelligent people and maybe heredity explains certain aggregate actions of ethnic groups too.  DOH!

I want people to look at my past mistakes as the tale of Icarus in Greek mythology - the cautionary tale of the man who flew too close to the sun.  Awareness is something which can only help you in life, never hurt you.

Lastly, I don't see how you can't differentiate my intelligence from an average board board member when the average board member cannot distinguish between "your" and "you're" and can't string together a sentence in English coherently.  The fact you even wrote a reply to me about the topic at hand and did so with a good  grasp of vocabulary and spelling is enough proof for me that you are smarter than the average member here.

Matt you walked right into that ' you're ' comment lol thats the whole point you take this shit to seriously , take it for what it is , a bodybuilding  message board  ;) you wanna feel smart go to a algorithms board .

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »

I can tell that you're reasonably well educated. Your spelling and grammar is of a higher standard than most. However, that just means that you're taking the time to proofread and think a bit more about presenting something cohesive and readable. These are all possible indicators of superior intellect but you ruin it when you call people c*nts and just end up becoming embroiled in the trading of insults and not concepts.

If it's the case that most here aren't capable of  sophisticated debate, don't look for it and enjoy the lowbrow jokes and scantily clad women  ;) :D
O

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2008, 05:05:38 PM »
Matt you walked right into that ' you're ' comment lol thats the whole point you take this shit to seriously , take it for what it is , a bodybuilding  message board  ;) you wanna feel smart go to a algorithms board .

I do go on those kinds of boards.  ;D

As for you, ND, I can tell that you are smart overall and likely possess a high IQ although having said that I can partition your intelligence and further state that some of your opinions about Dorian and Ronnie make no sense at all, not to me at least.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2008, 05:08:48 PM »
I do go on those kinds of boards.  ;D

As for you, ND, I can tell that you are smart overall and likely possess a high IQ although having said that I can partition your intelligence and further state that some of your opinions about Dorian and Ronnie make no sense at all, not to me at least.

They make no sense to you because you're ignorant of how bodybuilding contests are judged  ;) but hey we're all ignorant until we learn.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2008, 05:13:11 PM »
They make no sense to you because you're ignorant of how bodybuilding contests are judged  ;) but hey we're all ignorant until we learn.

I would perhaps agree Dorian could push Ronnie more than any other bodybuilder if Dorian wasn't riddled with injuries.  ;)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2008, 05:14:56 PM »
I would perhaps agree Dorian could push Ronnie more than any other bodybuilder if Dorian wasn't riddled with injuries.  ;)

Naturally if he was injury free

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »
Naturally if he was injury free

Dorian as he was in 1993 but with a smaller waist and I could see a pretty sound argument.  To me, waist means a LOT for bodybuilding.  I will admit it is a big part of my criteria.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
ND, Matt..anyone got any pics of Yates from 1993?
O

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2008, 05:35:25 PM »
No, it gets worse than that - people go to JAIL for typing that.  For exercising freedom of speech and freedom of thought.  And it isn't "the real world", it is powerful interest groups with agendas who only have power if they let them.  WAKE UP.
ha  i thought this website was private property

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2008, 05:37:49 PM »
ha  i thought this website was private property

Yes, and apparently Europe and Canada are too.  Be very wary, the USA may be next.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2008, 06:02:48 PM »
  That whites have a higher average IQ than blacks, and that Asians of the Pacific rim have a higher IQ than whites is a well established fact in psychometrics and well accepted among psychometricians. Matt C is correct about his statements. Unless you know more than Harvard professors, Charles Murrey and Richard Hernstein, who dedicated their lives to studying this topic, or Arthur Jensen, the World's leading expert on intelligence research, then you should really refrain from stating your opinion.

I read this interview with Arthur Jensen a couple of years ago. Talks about cultural bias in IQ tests among other things.
http://www.amren.com/ar/1992/08/
http://www.amren.com/ar/1992/09/