Author Topic: Chick's first scorecard and some more golden age bb photos....  (Read 8619 times)

Moosejay

Re: Chick's first scorecard and some more golden age bb photos....
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2008, 10:21:33 AM »
didnt u say u had a tanning bed?

Yeah...could be the prob...gave it away...

Moosejay

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »
Moosejay, I'm really enjoying your old pictures. I notice you said you trained at Yeagers Gym and you competed in Illinois. I was judging and competing in Illinois around that time (still do, in fact). I probably saw you at some of the competitions back then.

Yes...Steve and Mark Yeager...I loved that place...is now a Poerhouse...I still get out there to see friends and whatnot...competed a lot out there...Illinois, Illinois Srate, Collegiates...probably went in 10-12 shows while at National College in Lombard...

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »
Alkso did several shows at Glkenbard East HS...promoted by Yeager's Gym....in the 87 Novice Illinois...Yeager's had about 30 entrants rep their gym...inc me...out of about 100 competitors...Diego Martinez was a huge guy back then...if you recall.,

Phil Rhode trained there...former AAU A class winner...Paula Duvic trainbed there...top NPC women bb...many many others...Phil Claussen....many coming to mind...

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2008, 01:31:35 PM »
Yep, I know all those people. I trained at Hamarz Gym in Chicago Ridge with Chuck Sanow, John Gust and Jill O'Connor. I won the '86 NPC Illinois and guest posed and was the head judge at most of the shows in the late '80's and early 90's.

Moosejay

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
Yup, I know Chuck and if that is the case then you def judged me quite a few times....used to also train at Grove Gym In Downer's Grove and Chicago health Club as well in Oakbrook .,..man I'd give anything to go back to those days.... 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2008, 02:21:37 PM »
Yup, I know Chuck and if that is the case then you def judged me quite a few times....used to also train at Grove Gym In Downer's Grove and Chicago health Club as well in Oakbrook .,..man I'd give anything to go back to those days.... 
ChiTown, Represent!

All of that before my time...
?

Moosejay

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »
Represent is right...Chicago....one of the best places on earth....

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2008, 04:43:13 PM »
Ahhh, you missed the best of times Blockhead!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2008, 04:44:55 PM »
Represent is right...Chicago....one of the best places on earth....
damn right, it's the birthplace of the Squadfather.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »

I knew Rich Loresch pretty well and I did a couple seminars at Grove Gym. Rich helped set me up with some guest posings and got me into judging shows back in the late '80's.

Moosejay

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »
I knew Rich Loresch pretty well and I did a couple seminars at Grove Gym. Rich helped set me up with some guest posings and got me into judging shows back in the late '80's.

Yeah...I used to go in Loresch's shows...his gym was not much to it...but kind of place you'd be happy to have a hard workout in...if it was in existence today I'd still join...

Moosejay

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2008, 10:24:26 AM »
Bob, you look awesome at 15.  The conditioning is unbelievable!

best 15 year old bb ever...some one put this up next to Arnold at 15, please

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2008, 10:30:45 AM »
Mike's kindness and the fact that he has accomplished more for himself and on behalf of others than anyone I know transcends the supposition that he may not look like he was when he was a world class bb.

Mike is a class act and rare for bodybuilding.
hey Moosejay, tat pic of you in the powder blue swetas with the 'stache looks a lot like the guy that played the limo driver friend of Robby ( Adam Sandler) in the "Wedding Singer". ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2008, 10:41:43 AM »
Mike is a class act and rare for bodybuilding.
hey Moosejay, tat pic of you in the powder blue swetas with the 'stache looks a lot like the guy that played the limo driver friend of Robby ( Adam Sandler) in the "Wedding Singer". ;D

haha...yeah....never thought of that...I THINK that part was played by Thomas Jane (Played Punisher)...anyone know if that was him?

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »
 :o