Author Topic: Recent PR's  (Read 17839 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Recent PR's
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 02:54:44 PM »
I dont double dip like oly lifters. Not because I dont want to but because I could seriously mess my knees up like that. Feet about shoulder width, maybe slightly more. I should try to go wider to get more power but its just how I am comfortable for now. Small dip, flare the lats, grip the bar as hard as I can, explode up, and push to lockout. Nothin special but I will be working on it.

If you can do it, use the oly stance. It will definitely get you farther than my clunky form. ;D

I pit my feet 10"-12" apart and tense my butt too. Explode off fast as i can from teh first second. My strict press 1RM is maybe 265lbs

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »
10-12" is pretty damn narrow, Goudy. You would get more power if you go about shoulder width. I go this wide because its the same as I squat and thats where all my power lies. Only problem is when I snap all that force into my legs at once, my knees want to detatch. I can rock bottom squat 455 for reps without wraps or a belt but a 300+lb Jerk tears my shit up!!!

Got a couple good PR's today:

JM Presses 2x5x335
Strict Hammer Curls 1x5(2)x110's

I just laughed at the bench today, it felt so easy after taking a couple weeks to deload. Never underestimate the power of doing very little gym work for a week or two! ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 07:57:46 PM »
10-12" is pretty damn narrow, Goudy. You would get more power if you go about shoulder width. I go this wide because its the same as I squat and thats where all my power lies. Only problem is when I snap all that force into my legs at once, my knees want to detatch. I can rock bottom squat 455 for reps without wraps or a belt but a 300+lb Jerk tears my shit up!!!

Got a couple good PR's today:

JM Presses 2x5x335
Strict Hammer Curls 1x5(2)x110's

I just laughed at the bench today, it felt so easy after taking a couple weeks to deload. Never underestimate the power of doing very little gym work for a week or two! ;D

Both of those lifts are impressive buddy!

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008, 07:00:33 AM »
Both of those lifts are impressive buddy!

Jason

Word?! Sheeeeeiit! 8)

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
Jus smashed a new log record for myself 270 for a double

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2008, 11:14:29 AM »

Good lifting Steve! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »
Ya know what strange about that is you have a 365 OHP max and a 270x2 log max. I have a 305lb OHP max and 285x4 10" log max. Kinda backwards.

Strong lifts nonetheless!!! You will go far if you stick to strongman. Good luck!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »
you guys are just STUPID strong. honestly now. i was proud of myself to be tossing the 185 log around. >:(

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »
Ya know what strange about that is you have a 365 OHP max and a 270x2 log max. I have a 305lb OHP max and 285x4 10" log max. Kinda backwards.

Strong lifts nonetheless!!! You will go far if you stick to strongman. Good luck!
Posted on: June 01, 2008, 11:14:29 AMPosted by: chaos 

I have been doing olympic lifting a very long time...strongman I started in october of this year, only had a few months to practice, but im workin on it...Once I start using my legs a little more on that log I should be ok on it...for some reason I get Kazmiaer in my blood and feel the need to lean back and incline press it lol....With less than Kazmaier results i might add...Anyways Guys Got a real Big Highland Games this weekend so expect some monster throws...Ill try to get a vid or 2 up if i can

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »

/quote]

Great job. I think you have WAY more in the tank than that. Your press looks very explosive, but I think the clean is taking too much effort. If you can improve the clean, you'll have a ton more energy for the press. JMO. Good luck with your upcoming comps.

Monopoly

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »
Me doing a 200lbs monster caber... i wasnt able to flip it but got it to a pretty good angle.  Anyways enjoy

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »
A couple lifts were PR's last week.

Inverted 45 degree leg press - 985x8x2 Couldnt fit anymore weight on it but I just cant bring myself to be "that guy" who puts a wobbling stack of plates on THE LEG PRESS FOR FUKCS SAKE!

Did some squats after this and was ecstatic that they keep getting easier - 2x5x425

Another day

Incline Bench - 3x5x315 felt very solid

OHP - 2x15x225 little leg drive at all

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 01:04:05 PM »
Today:

OHP - 1x1x315<<< 10lb PR!
         1x1x325<<< 20lb PR!!! I gave it very little leg drive because (as you may know) my knees are SHIT! I felt them wanting to "pop" so I stopped here. Possibly could have gotten 10-20lbs more but I would be limping for a week. FINALLY, YES!!!!!! ;D

Tried to DL on a platform but my grip wasnt gonna hold up. Got up to 525 (with a goal of 600+) and tore off a callus. Never done that before.....PR MOTHERFUKCER!!!  >:( Should have brought chalk or even straps but I didnt, whatever.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »
Today:

OHP - 1x1x315<<< 10lb PR!
         1x1x325<<< 20lb PR!!! I gave it very little leg drive because (as you may know) my knees are SHIT! I felt them wanting to "pop" so I stopped here. Possibly could have gotten 10-20lbs more but I would be limping for a week. FINALLY, YES!!!!!! ;D

Tried to DL on a platform but my grip wasnt gonna hold up. Got up to 525 (with a goal of 600+) and tore off a callus. Never done that before.....PR MOTHERFUKCER!!!  >:( Should have brought chalk or even straps but I didnt, whatever.

Awesome stuff Lift.  Congrats.  8)
:)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »

Awesome stuff Lift.  Congrats.  8)

Thanks, sweet thang! ;)

Got another PR, not all time PR but still good stuff. Squats - 2x5x475 (no belt, no wraps, nothing, RAWWWWW)

Would have hit some more PR's if the damn arena football cheerleaders werent practicing in the Group X room! >:( :o ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:53 PM »
PR and an INJURY in the same night!

Incline Bench - 1x5x335 fast and easy - All time PR!!!!
                     1x3x335 First rep is good, second rep I get a "tingle" in my right pec, third rep I got half way up and felt three ripping sensations. I dropped the barbell right to my chest and called someone over to deadlift it off for me. I did NOT want to move AT ALL! I tried a little stretching and called it a night after some cardio. That was some scary shit! Never felt a muscle tear like that.

Couple lessons from this: I will never use a spotter again as it made me too confident. Second, warm up thoroughly no matter what! I do a BBing style warm up usually and this time used a powerlifting style warm up that gets more to the point. Gotta stay with what works for ME.

I hope I am recovered within a couple weeks. :-\

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008, 07:29:49 AM »

1x3x335 First rep is good, second rep I get a "tingle" in my right pec, third rep I got half way up and felt three ripping sensations. I dropped the barbell right to my chest and called someone over to deadlift it off for me. I did NOT want to move AT ALL! I tried a little stretching and called it a night after some cardio. That was some scary shit! Never felt a muscle tear like that.

Couple lessons from this: I will never use a spotter again as it made me too confident. Second, warm up thoroughly no matter what! I do a BBing style warm up usually and this time used a powerlifting style warm up that gets more to the point. Gotta stay with what works for ME.

Sorry to hear that bro, you will recover well.

I've always had funny sensations while doing incline BB presses, but flat BB presses never bother me.

i haven't done an incline BB press in a long time, they just don't feel right. i prefer DB's.

8)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2008, 08:20:36 AM »
Feel better soon, Lift!  are you bruised?

:)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:39 AM »

damn that sucks. what incline did you have? high? low?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2008, 09:39:09 AM »

yeah no shit.. good question. Lift did you see any substantial bruising or pain immediately after or even the next day?  if not it was just a micro tear..had a few of them myself.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
keep breaking pr's in the bench..consistantly working with 420 now!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2008, 01:26:25 PM »
Sorry to hear that bro, you will recover well.

I've always had funny sensations while doing incline BB presses, but flat BB presses never bother me.

i haven't done an incline BB press in a long time, they just don't feel right. i prefer DB's.

8)

Thanks, Overload! Words of encouragement are always welcome! I dont do flat bench because it serves little purpose to me and hinders my overhead ability.

Feel better soon, Lift!  are you bruised?

I feel about 85-90% already. I am bruised where my pec connects to the humerus. Its purple and yellow. :P

The incline is on the high side but not too extreme. Does great things for my OHP.

yeah no shit.. good question. Lift did you see any substantial bruising or pain immediately after or even the next day?  if not it was just a micro tear..had a few of them myself.

I have about a softball sized bruise that came up about a day later. Think I had "micro tears" in the other side too, no bruise just pain and crackles happening.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2008, 09:22:37 PM »
Alright, so my chest is fully healed as far as I can tell but I will take it easy for a couple more weeks.

Injured my shoulder when this guy almost dropped a heavy (and expensive) piece of equipment out of the truck and I caught it with one arm.....like a dumbass! ::)

I feel almost 100% though. Havent hit many PR's with all the injuries but heres a couple:

Crazy-bell DB Rows - 2x5x170 (120 DB tied to a 50lb DB using a purple band) That thing bounced all over the place and made me stabilize rather than throw the weight around.

Pull Downs (wide and v-bar) - 4x6x300

Squat - 1x5x465 Couldnt bear another set. I even had to use my belt. Long day at work kinda kicked my ass.

I have a pic of the way I strapped the DB's together and will put it up, probably, this weekend.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2008, 07:18:16 AM »
i'd like to see how you did it because i need heavier DBs for rows.

8)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »
i'd like to see how you did it because i need heavier DBs for rows.

8)

Well, I can try to describe it. I bet if you just sat there for a minute you would figure it out though.

-First I folded the band in half over the big DB's handle and spread the band to each side so I could get my hand on the grip.
-Then I set the light DB next to the big one and wrapped the band around its handle and back to the big DB's handle/
-Then I just put the loose end of the band on the inside of my wrist and grabbed the big DB and started to row.

It just feels like a strap pulling on the inside of your wrist. You could also just hold the band to the DB handle and row but you would need to squeeze very tight so the band doesnt slip.

I will try to get the pic up but I need to find the software I have for my phones camera (new computer).