Author Topic: Recent PR's  (Read 17836 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Recent PR's
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2008, 05:17:35 AM »
Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Lift!  :)

:)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2008, 07:53:18 PM »
Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Lift!  :)

Thanks, RIP! I almost re-tore my pec on flat bench because I was getting too sloppy with the light weights. I gotta calm down. ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2008, 05:26:20 AM »
Thanks, RIP! I almost re-tore my pec on flat bench because I was getting too sloppy with the light weights. I gotta calm down. ;D

Good Lord!!  Don't get carried away!  You have all the time in the world.  :)

:)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2008, 11:38:39 AM »
Squats - 2x5x475 RAW  These felt difficult until I slowed down. Usually I just drop in the hole and spring out (oly style) but I slowed down because everything was aching. Each rep took about 6+ seconds I would say, rather than the usual 3-4 secs. The explosiveness that I have been using is catching up with me now that my numbers are coming back up and I think I will leave it to lighter days.

Between my pec tear and debilitating knee pain, I am getting the message that I must SLOW DOWN.  :(

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »

that's  when most injuries happen, my man.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »
Crazy-bell DB Rows - 2x5x170 (120 DB tied to a 50lb DB using a purple band) That thing bounced all over the place and made me stabilize rather than throw the weight around.

I noticed earlier on in this thread Lift,that you said you were a welder,so to save you tying one dumbell to another,i wondered if you could do what i did.As i`ve said on here before i find lots of scrap steel on different job sites i get to work on,and i usually bring them home and make my own stuff.Maybe you could weld up something like this from any scrap you find lying around at work.I found some 1 inch thick steel plate so cut them and welded them together onto a steel bar i found.Then i found some checker plate so i grinded that into a circle shape and welded that on so the dumbell would roll.Then i welded a short length of bar on the end for any extra weight i might need to add.The weight of this dumbell is 155lbs,and i use it just for d/bell rowing,and i can make small jumps up in weight,like 5lbs a time,instead of the big jumps you have to make with the commercial bells you see in gyms.I ended up today using extra 5kg plates to take the weight to 199lbs.By using 10kg plates each side it takes it up to 245lbs,but thats a long way off for me,and the 10 kg plates only raise the height of the bell of the ground by about 1 inch.Heres a couple of pics of the 155 and the 199lbs.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2009, 12:38:11 PM »
Thats pretty sweet. I am back in school now so I dont weld anymore (kinda miss it). Great example though. Maybe I will get myself a little MIG so I can do small projects like this! Always wanted one but need to justify the purchase, this works for me.

What I should do is find a local metal shop and make some new friends. ;D

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
hey bro take it easy with that pec....well i guess i wouldnt either, strike my last comment from the record.
seriously though be careful....

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2009, 11:56:18 AM »
hey bro take it easy with that pec....well i guess i wouldnt either, strike my last comment from the record.
seriously though be careful....

That was something like 6 months ago. I am alot more careful now, sometimes too cautious.

Whats really messing me up is this groin/ham pull. :(