Author Topic: The Fat Burner Thread  (Read 37530 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Testing out some fat burners this week...
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
Glad that you are trying a few out and if you find one you like that I can take let me know.  I did like the Yohimbine Bark Extract in combo with Dialed-In...

Take a few for me, trying to stay away from caffeine and fat burners this week.  It is stinky!
Jennifer

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 08:21:56 PM »
If you are sensitive to these products, there are some non-stimulant fat burners out there. I never used any stimulants and was still able to get lean. Long term use of stimulants leads to eventual adrenal exhaustion. When the adrenals don't function properly it acan affect blood pressure, heart rythym, and worse of all, systemic inflammation. When you have a lot of inflammation, that can lead to auto-immune disorders like Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis. The hardcore folks will laugh at this, but I have pretty good knowledge of the Adrenals and Chronic use of powerful stimulants will eventually screw them up. A little caffeine in the morning is ok, if not overdone.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 04:25:58 AM »
Alot of good info in this thread.  Aside from being a caffeine addict, I agree that taking stimulant-based fat burners for a long period of time is not a good idea.  During my contest prep, I usually take them for 6 weeks MAX, and then lay off for at least 4-5 weeks, and then start a different kind for another 6 weeks.  I never take them off-season, so as of now, I haven't taken anything since last June.

What's good in terms of non-stimulant fat burners?

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 04:13:00 AM »
I tried out the NITOR yesterday... Chris Mason sent me a bottle.  It's the one with DHEA, which I like.  I took two in the morning before cardio and another two at like 2 PM.  I was pretty cranked all day but not jittery at all, and it didn't make me feel sick.  I did get a massive migraine at the end of the day, but that was unrelated (I get them pretty regularly and have specific triggers). 

So I gotta give it a couple more days to see what I really think.  Gonna try again today (although I skipped cardio this morning) and tomorrow as well. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 12:10:46 PM »
Alot of good info in this thread.  Aside from being a caffeine addict, I agree that taking stimulant-based fat burners for a long period of time is not a good idea.  During my contest prep, I usually take them for 6 weeks MAX, and then lay off for at least 4-5 weeks, and then start a different kind for another 6 weeks.  I never take them off-season, so as of now, I haven't taken anything since last June.

What's good in terms of non-stimulant fat burners?

LipoTrim by NOW Nutrition or even LEAN OUT by Beverly International.
?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 03:36:20 AM »

I've actually been very interested in trying out LEAN OUT by Beverly, so I may add that to my short list.

So here's the Update... I used NITOR for the last two days...but I had two really rough days and didn't feel well at all.  I don't think it was from the NITOR, I think it was just coincidence, so I'm reserving judgement.  I'm off everything today, and I'm gonna wait until I feel better and try it again for a couple of days, hopefully this weekend, so I'll let you know what I think when I've given it a fair shake.  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 04:51:20 AM »

I have been using a lot of the NOW nutrition products, mainly Vitamins, Mins and EFAs.  They make quauality products from what i can tell, I also get thier raw almonds which are priced the best i have seen, less than $5 a pound.

I have just statred using thier whey isolate protein, seems pretty good and was reasonable.  I like they are a local company too.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 07:12:27 AM »
I have been using a lot of the NOW nutrition products, mainly Vitamins, Mins and EFAs.  They make quauality products from what i can tell, I also get thier raw almonds which are priced the best i have seen, less than $5 a pound.

:o  Are they fresh?  :o

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »

I've actually been very interested in trying out LEAN OUT by Beverly, so I may add that to my short list.

So here's the Update... I used NITOR for the last two days...but I had two really rough days and didn't feel well at all.  I don't think it was from the NITOR, I think it was just coincidence, so I'm reserving judgement.  I'm off everything today, and I'm gonna wait until I feel better and try it again for a couple of days, hopefully this weekend, so I'll let you know what I think when I've given it a fair shake.  :)

My only gripe about LEAN OUT by Beverly is that Beverly is a little pricey and 1 bottle will only last you about 10-14 days if you use it they way they prescribe. I say use it but cut their dosage in half. They reccomend 6 capsules per serving 2-3 times a day. I would go 3 caps with 3 of your solid food meals. Stretch your dollar...
?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »

:o  Are they fresh?  :o

Yes they come in 1lb sealed bags with a zip top for after you open them.  Ive been using about a LB a week lately of them.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2008, 05:10:36 AM »
Yes they come in 1lb sealed bags with a zip top for after you open them.  Ive been using about a LB a week lately of them.

Sweet!  My problem is that I end up eating about a LB per sitting.   :-[

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 05:44:53 AM »
Sweet!  My problem is that I end up eating about a LB per sitting.   :-[

LOL actually thats why I have been having a bit more almonds, to replace my good/evil Peanut butter LOL.  I can blow thru a 1/2 jar of natural chunky  ;D PB in about 7 mins.  :'(  before i know it 1500 calories!  With the nuts I eat less cause they are harder to eat, so i probally end up eating about 2 servings of the almonds compaired to 8 servings of PB.

Training belt straining to get 4 holes showing  :'(  Precontest its at 7 showing  :'(  Gotta get that sucker to 6  :'(  I think I better cut back on the cheese burgers too  :'(

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »
plz don't suggest drugs to rip guys, such as someone mentioned clenbuterol, keep her healthy plz, she is a great gal.

jt

TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 10:21:21 PM »
plz don't suggest drugs to rip guys, such as someone mentioned clenbuterol, keep her healthy plz, she is a great gal.

jt

Champions use drugs...posers do not. Not much more to say IMO.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 04:22:57 AM »
Alot of fat burners are drugs, including all of the stimulant-based ones.  Caffeine is a drug. 

Fat burners that were banned like clen, IMO, were banned primarily because the general population is ignorant and mis-informed, so use turns into abuse pretty quickly....at which point side effects cause some unfortunate things to happen, and people freak out and ban the substance.  That's what happened to ephedra at one point.  That's why it's really important to educate yourself...if you're gonna use something (anything!), then use it wisely.   8)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »
wise words Rip
TEAM Nasser

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »
Alot of fat burners are drugs, including all of the stimulant-based ones.  Caffeine is a drug. 

Fat burners that were banned like clen, IMO, were banned primarily because the general population is ignorant and mis-informed, so use turns into abuse pretty quickly....at which point side effects cause some unfortunate things to happen, and people freak out and ban the substance.  That's what happened to ephedra at one point.  That's why it's really important to educate yourself...if you're gonna use something (anything!), then use it wisely.   8)
Not to mention that lawmakers are all about making that money! Pharmecutical companies lost LOTS of money when epedra was sold at every gas station across the country. People used that to lose weight and stopped paying for prescriptions. Money talks and bullshit walks. THAT is the main reason why ephedra was banned.
?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 06:31:45 AM »
So here's the update with my fat burner trials....

I took a few days off after battling severe migraines last week, which I still think were unrelated.  Anyway, I scored another sample of Cytolean over the weekend, so I gave that another go yesterday.  I like it!!!   Except for one thing....

I woke up yesterday morning feeling like total shit, not wanting to move, let alone do cardio.  I popped two Cytoleans and got on the elliptical.  About 15 mins into the cardio, I started feeling good...like REALLY good.  Like I could do cardio all day long LOL.  I took a third Cytolean after breakfast and felt pretty damn good all day long yesterday.  I was in a good mood all day long, despite being low on sleep, and I even did an extra 25 mins of cardio after my evening training session. 

However, this morning I woke up feeling down in the dumps, for no reason.  Not really tired or worn out, just bummed out. 
I've heard that Cytolean gives you a euphoric kind of high feeling, so I am wondering now if I actually have a Cytolean hangover.   ???

I saw that powerpack got depressed on the Cyotlean too...but was that ON it, or when you got OFF it? 
Thumbs up on the Cytolean IF it doesn't give me a hangover.  I don't want to feel depressed any day that I don't take it. ::)

I'm going back to the NITOR tomorrow for several days in a row, to see how that treats me.  I talked to Jenny, and she's going to give me her leftover Lypolyze/Somalyze when she sees me next weekend, so I will give that a go too.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
So here's the update with my fat burner trials....

I took a few days off after battling severe migraines last week, which I still think were unrelated.  Anyway, I scored another sample of Cytolean over the weekend, so I gave that another go yesterday.  I like it!!!   Except for one thing....

I woke up yesterday morning feeling like total shit, not wanting to move, let alone do cardio.  I popped two Cytoleans and got on the elliptical.  About 15 mins into the cardio, I started feeling good...like REALLY good.  Like I could do cardio all day long LOL.  I took a third Cytolean after breakfast and felt pretty damn good all day long yesterday.  I was in a good mood all day long, despite being low on sleep, and I even did an extra 25 mins of cardio after my evening training session. 

However, this morning I woke up feeling down in the dumps, for no reason.  Not really tired or worn out, just bummed out. 
I've heard that Cytolean gives you a euphoric kind of high feeling, so I am wondering now if I actually have a Cytolean hangover.   ???

I saw that powerpack got depressed on the Cyotlean too...but was that ON it, or when you got OFF it? 
Thumbs up on the Cytolean IF it doesn't give me a hangover.  I don't want to feel depressed any day that I don't take it. ::)

I'm going back to the NITOR tomorrow for several days in a row, to see how that treats me.  I talked to Jenny, and she's going to give me her leftover Lypolyze/Somalyze when she sees me next weekend, so I will give that a go too.

Strange, I never had those effects when I took Cytolean. Maybe you're taking too much for your size, you are kinda small ya know.  I was taking 3 at a time, only once a day before training. Never had any kind of headache or anything like that.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2008, 04:18:33 AM »
Strange, I never had those effects when I took Cytolean. Maybe you're taking too much for your size, you are kinda small ya know.  I was taking 3 at a time, only once a day before training. Never had any kind of headache or anything like that.

I didn't get a headache from the cytolean, but definitely got a little hangover the next day.  I'd like to try to find a fat burner where I can handle the recommended dose over an extended period of time.

I'm on Day 2 of the NITOR today.  Yesterday was 2 before cardio and one in the late morning.  Today I took 2 before cardio.  It definitely cranks me up.  It's borderline for me in terms of being a little too much crankage, but we'll see how it treats me through the weekend. 

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
Re: The Fat Burner Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 05:36:46 AM »
So I am hanging with the NITOR, and it's not bad at all.  I've been taking two in the morning and one in the afternoon.  It definitely cranks me up, but not too much to handle.  Now the big question is does it really help in terms of fat burning?  I'll have to dig up a good profile of DHEA and post it later.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
Re: The Fat Burner Thread
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 06:38:47 AM »
and the DEA will be waiting..I hear they patrol these boards

:o 

Is DHEA banned?   ???

I found this...
In the 1970s and 1980s, DHEA was being sold as a weight-loss aid. In 1985 the FDA banned over-the-counter sale of DHEA due to unsubstantiated claims and lack of data on safety and effectiveness for weight loss. Today it is back as a "dietary supplement."

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008, 11:44:10 AM »

I didn't get a headache from the cytolean, but definitely got a little hangover the next day.  I'd like to try to find a fat burner where I can handle the recommended dose over an extended period of time.

I'm on Day 2 of the NITOR today.  Yesterday was 2 before cardio and one in the late morning.  Today I took 2 before cardio.  It definitely cranks me up.  It's borderline for me in terms of being a little too much crankage, but we'll see how it treats me through the weekend. 

This kind of stimulant will AMP up the Dopamine levels in your brain and jack up your nor-epinephrine levels, however if you've ever done Cocaine, you know the next day you can feel shitty and depressed, because now your dopamine levels are very low. Same principal. Use the stimulants only when you need them, then take plenty of L-Tyrosine the next day and mucuna Pruriens (Also known as the Dopa bean) to replenish neurotransmitter levels.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 04:26:15 AM »
This kind of stimulant will AMP up the Dopamine levels in your brain and jack up your nor-epinephrine levels, however if you've ever done Cocaine, you know the next day you can feel shitty and depressed, because now your dopamine levels are very low. Same principal. Use the stimulants only when you need them, then take plenty of L-Tyrosine the next day and mucuna Pruriens (Also known as the Dopa bean) to replenish neurotransmitter levels.

That's interesting.... I was wondering if it affected my seratonin levels, but dopamine makes sense. 

Do you recommend supplementing with tyrosine the whole time you are taking a stimulant-based fat burner?

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 07:19:08 AM »

That's interesting.... I was wondering if it affected my seratonin levels, but dopamine makes sense. 

Do you recommend supplementing with tyrosine the whole time you are taking a stimulant-based fat burner?

It's a good idea, as long as you don't get a headache from it (some people do if they go over 1000 mg a day). I would only take the stimulant fat burner before an early cardio session, and after you've used them 5 or 6 days in a row, lay off for 2 days. That way your body will respond better and not get too used to them. A good non-stimulant fat burner is Blaze by SAN. I get pretty warm on it, so I know it's speeding up my metabolism. Maybe, mixing that with the careful use of a stimulating fat burner could work well.