Author Topic: The Fat Burner Thread  (Read 37485 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: The Fat Burner Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »
I have taken Palumbo's fat burners for a little more than a week now.  I took most of the doses, maybe missed a few of them here and there.  And I took two before bed every night.

I had some pretty major stomach problems this last week, and that's really the only thing that changed about my diet.  I think I'm very sensitive to new stuff, and I'd never taken usnic acid before.  It wasn't a pleasant week, but I did manage to lose some body fat.  I'm also dieting and training very hard, so it's difficult to say if the fat burners worked. 

The other side effect I experienced is that I had to go to the bathroom ALOT (I'm talking about peeing ;D)... I think they must have a diuretic effect, so drink alot of water if you take them.  I experience this with thyrotabs too.

Right now, I'm 12 weeks out from the North Americans, and then Nationals is 12 weeks after that.  I think for the NA's, I am going to start Third Degree Burn at 8 weeks out, and then add the thyrotabs for the last 5-6 weeks.  I may take Palumbo's fat burner for Nationals prep since I'll have to switch it up, but I'm going with the ole' faithful for the NAs.

Oh man I was worried something would happen  >:(  I hope you are ok and don't go too crazy dieting for the show, you are always beautiful.

jt
TEAM Nasser

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2008, 04:14:59 AM »
Well, the stomach problems have subsided, and I have enough to take it for another 4-5 days, so I will finish out what I have.  I also took a dose of Cytolean yesterday (I hadn't taken any stimulants for most of the week), and I really like that stuff.  Thumbs up on the Cytolean.

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2008, 06:31:12 PM »
Anyone got any opinions on or experience with Yohimbe/yohimbine? 

I'll look up some info on it when I have more time.  All I know is that when I take anything that includes it, I can feel my heart beating in my throat.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2008, 05:21:35 AM »
Anyone got any opinions on or experience with Yohimbe/yohimbine? 

I'll look up some info on it when I have more time.  All I know is that when I take anything that includes it, I can feel my heart beating in my throat.

Yeah I had my heart beating in someones throat myself last night, Kind of tired this morning.  :D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2008, 06:17:57 PM »
Yeah I had my heart beating in someones throat myself last night, Kind of tired this morning.  :D

:o   That's another good way to burn some fat! 

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2008, 06:34:04 PM »
Ewww
TEAM Nasser

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2008, 08:16:26 PM »

:o   That's another good way to burn some fat! 

Yes probally the best way or at least the funest  :P

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008, 07:32:13 AM »
Would taking one Lipo6X capsule at 8am give me insomnia?  The last 3 days I've taken one capsule at ~8am and have not been able to get to sleep until past midnight
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
Would taking one Lipo6X capsule at 8am give me insomnia?  The last 3 days I've taken one capsule at ~8am and have not been able to get to sleep until past midnight

yes..................... ........................ .......(if you go to sleep at 11am)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »

Hmmmmm.... it is doubtful that taking one cap at 8 AM would cause that problem unless you are not used to ANY sort of stimulant in the morning.  Do you drink coffee or take in caffeine regularly?  I usually find that I am OK to sleep at night as long as I take the stimulants before lunch, or early afternoon at the latest...but I am a coffee drinker, so I am used to caffeine in the morning.  I actually depend on it!

I did take one capsule of something yesterday with some yohimbe in it (just trying it out), but I took it at 4 PM and had a REALLY hard time falling asleep last night.  I was up until after midnight too, despite being totally exhausted.   >:(

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 10:23:14 AM »
No STella I doubt it, you maybe just to much on your mind.
I am sensitive to stims and found other than a bit of nausea LIPO6 did not freak me out.
But one ECA tab could freak me out for a day or two

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2008, 10:34:52 AM »
What's the stimulant in Lipo 6 anyway?   ???

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2008, 10:38:13 AM »
What's the stimulant in Lipo 6 anyway?   ???

Synephrine HCL 20mg
Yohimbine HCL 3g

Are the 2 stims

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2008, 11:03:12 AM »
Synephrine HCL 20mg
Yohimbine HCL 3g

Are the 2 stims

Well that's some potent stuff. I suppose it could be possible, although 8 AM is pretty early to take it and have problems, esp just one cap.  But not out of the question.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2008, 03:40:39 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone!

I drink about 2 mugs of coffee each morning.

I didn't take one today...we'll see what happens.
R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2008, 07:03:49 AM »
Thanks for the info everyone!

I drink about 2 mugs of coffee each morning.

I didn't take one today...we'll see what happens.

I changed my mind.  Yes, I think it can affect your sleep, even at 8 AM.  I took ONE redline fat burner the other morning (the dose is up to 3), and I haven't been able to get to sleep for the last two nights.  Seriously!  I think it's the yohimbine.  >:(

I'm off the stimulants for a little while.  11 weeks out right now, and I am going to try to stay away from the stimulants for a couple weeks (other than coffee of course) and then cycle the Gaspari products.  I'm still taking Palumbo's fat burner (Jenny gave me a lot of it...I will be out after this weekend), and I think I like it.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2008, 08:15:28 AM »

Yes, I think it can affect your sleep, even at 8 AM.  I took ONE redline fat burner the other morning (the dose is up to 3), and I haven't been able to get to sleep for the last two nights.  Seriously!  I think it's the yohimbine.  >:(

Are you "Nancy's" kidding!??!?!?!?!?!?(we used to pop straight ephedrine like M &M 's ....blow lines and get to sleep no problem!) you guys take a "weak" non- ephedrine and can't sleep for days?!?!?!?LOL!

::)

wow

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2008, 09:23:43 AM »
Are you "Nancy's" kidding!??!?!?!?!?!?(we used to pop straight ephedrine like M &M 's ....blow lines and get to sleep no problem!) you guys take a "weak" non- ephedrine and can't sleep for days?!?!?!?LOL!

::)

wow

hahahaha I KNOW...I'm such a wuss.   :-[
My trainer makes fun of me all the time because I have been known to party (MAYBE once or twice in my lifetime ;)), but I act like a total baby when it comes to stimulant-based fat burners.
We used to pop ephedrine like candy when we would go out drinking (remember mini-thins? ;D), but now I get totally sick to my stomach and can't sleep for days if I take one. 

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2008, 11:26:10 AM »

hahahaha I KNOW...I'm such a wuss.   :-[
My trainer makes fun of me all the time because I have been known to party (MAYBE once or twice in my lifetime ;)), but I act like a total baby when it comes to stimulant-based fat burners.
We used to pop ephedrine like candy when we would go out drinking (remember mini-thins? ;D), but now I get totally sick to my stomach and can't sleep for days if I take one. 

Is that why you are posting at weirds hours of the day and night  :D

Jokes aside Eph gave me anxiety attacks, I got Eph rage and could not sleep for days sometimes just lying in bed trembling after a single dose  >:(

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
Is that why you are posting at weirds hours of the day and night  :D
Jokes aside Eph gave me anxiety attacks, I got Eph rage and could not sleep for days sometimes just lying in bed trembling after a single dose  >:(

Not these days lol... unfortunately, I think I just go to bed too late and get up too early!   :(

Eph makes me puke, straight up.  I tried the Vasopro for contest prep in 2005... 25 mg in the morning, 25 mg after lunch.  I felt HIGH as a kite for the entire first day, and then I started throwing up by the second dose on the second day.  It took me about 3 days to recover, and that was the end of that!

AVBG

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2008, 03:46:15 PM »
has anyone tried mhp's dren?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
has anyone tried mhp's dren?

i got a couple free samples of it at the olympia, tried them out.

I did actually feel it, I had tons of energy and felt good, but I only took it for 2 days cos thats all the samples i had. but from what ive been told, it wears off after a few days, and most people arent too happy with it.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2008, 11:08:38 PM »
Ok Rip, The best fat burners you can take. And in this order.

Clen
ECA
Lypolyze/Somalyze stack
Everything else.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »
OK, I'm pretty sold on Palumbo's fat burner!  I've been on it for about 3 weeks or a little more now... almost every dose, I may have missed a few here and there.  I don't feel any side effects from it other than some dehydration... I have to pee ALOT more when I am on it, so I am trying to drink more too.  The non-stimulant nature of this product is a major PLUS.

It's always hard to say for sure what influences what, and I have been training harder and dieting harder in the last three weeks too (went to double cardios more than a week ago), but I have definitely gotten much leaner in the last three weeks than I did in the 4 or 5 weeks prior to taking it.  So I'm giving it my endorsement.  I would say that it has been quite effective, given that I am not taking any other fat-burning products right now.  I did take some stimulant-based fat burners here and there (mostly the mornings when I was really dragging ass), but I've been trying to avoid those too for the time being.

I talked to Palumbo, and he's giving me a nice deal on the product, so I have agreed to take it for this prep.  He suggests that I just stay on it right now through my entire prep, but I'm not sure if I will do that or not at this point, and I am not sure what I will do if I continue to prep through till Nationals in November.  I may take a couple weeks off after this week and then pick it up again at 8 weeks out for the rest of my current prep...although I am not sure if there is any benefit to taking a couple weeks off.  I just hate getting on these kinds of things far out from the show (although I guess 10 weeks isn't that far out, if I decide to do the NA's) because then I get too nervous to drop them out before the show, and I end up staying on them longer than I originally wanted to.   :-\

chubbywubby

• Getbig I
  • 5 weeks out
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2008, 05:19:38 PM »
I just found a great one- im such a fat burner snob, if i dont feel that warm "rush"  feeling ( i like the jitters! ) i wont take it, i dont feel like its working....Fastin Phentermine works great! Its Ephedra free, but has enough caffine and other ingredients for you to feel amped up if thats what you like- like me! :P