Author Topic: This board has been Dead lately???  (Read 2192 times)

Mega Man

• Getbig III
This board has been Dead lately???
« on: April 27, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
I noticed the posting volume has gone done the past few weeks...is it just me?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: This board has been Dead lately???
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »
I noticed the posting volume has gone done the past few weeks...is it just me?

trab is gone, aj jr isnt posting like he used, and the rest, rim, 4thad, etc, dont seem to be interested to answer questions here if a first timer is coming here and saying "no you are wrong" everytime they make a comment. No need to mention the name of the person.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »
There are more hardcore boards out there mate that dont have the politics and agendas of others.

Get big is pretty much a joke ,the guys here LIKE trab,AJ etc seem like a good bunch but I feel there time here is wasted by idiots.

I only come here to let off steam,if it was a serious board without the pretenders like the guys that stem from the lower down alpha boards (squidtits,SS,Chaos the fiddler and others)then Id be inclined not to act like a cock at times.

It is basicly like BB.COM here full of kids and loosers(see names above)..

Seek out some of the more hardcore boards make your self known and build up some trust then you will get invites to the more discreet areas. ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »
There are more hardcore boards out there mate that dont have the politics and agendas of others.

Get big is pretty much a joke ,the guys here LIKE trab,AJ etc seem like a good bunch but I feel there time here is wasted by idiots.

I only come here to let off steam,if it was a serious board without the pretenders like the guys that stem from the lower down alpha boards (squidtits,SS,Chaos the fiddler and others)then Id be inclined not to act like a cock at times.

It is basicly like BB.COM here full of kids and loosers(see names above)..

Seek out some of the more hardcore boards make your self known and build up some trust then you will get invites to the more discreet areas. ;)

STFU, yellow toothed cop.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
trab is gone, your wrongaj jr isnt posting like he used,your wrong and the rest, rim, 4thad, etc, dont seem to be interested to answer questions here your wrongif a first timer is coming here and saying "no you are wrong" everytime they make a comment. who is this?????No need to mention the name of the person.your wrong
8)

4thAD

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »
Traffic seems to be way down here lately. You cant compare the hardcore section of this board to the rest of GB, but the rest of GB is what drives good people away from here. I belong to a few pretty hardcore boards, but its the people here that keep me coming back here. I'm not going to mention names cause there are too many to mention. The good people know who they are. Lately it seems more and more people are here less and less, and thats a shame.

BENZ you are correct in what you say!

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:13:03 PM »
Traffic seems to be way down here lately. You cant compare the hardcore section of this board to the rest of GB, but the rest of GB is what drives good people away from here. I belong to a few pretty hardcore boards, but its the people here that keep me coming back here. I'm not going to mention names cause there are too many to mention. The good people know who they are. Lately it seems more and more people are here less and less, and thats a shame.

BENZ you are correct in what you say!

I love you too

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:30:15 PM »
I still log on to getbig just about every day at least to check and answer PM's...seems lately I do more in the PM box then on the open board...a lot of the guys don't' seem comfortable asking their questions to the open board. I understand why they feel this way, on most sections of getbig you get land blasted for asking any question...but this has never been the case on this section the other mods and I never allow that.

Also board traffic has gotten a little slower, one reason I think people have gotten frustrated at how the board runs in terms of speed...the server it seems is always acting up.

As far as me not posting as much, well, there hasn't been a lot to comment on lately. Sometimes I've thought about starting a bunch of threads just to give the guys something to talk about but that seems sort of lame IMO.

Last off, I think both Rim and I have done everything we could to try and make this section of getbig at least somewhat worthwhile...we don't remove questions or comments no matter how stupid they might be, unless they are blatant pointless attacks, and we always try to answer questions even when they've been answered 1000X. So I guess I don't' get it...this board has a lot of traffic, more then a lot of other boards, but posting is way down. Thankfully this is just a message board and has no baring on real life, lol!

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »
I still log on to getbig just about every day at least to check and answer PM's...seems lately I do more in the PM box then on the open board...a lot of the guys don't' seem comfortable asking their questions to the open board. I understand why they feel this way, on most sections of getbig you get land blasted for asking any question...but this has never been the case on this section the other mods and I never allow that.

Also board traffic has gotten a little slower, one reason I think people have gotten frustrated at how the board runs in terms of speed...the server it seems is always acting up.

As far as me not posting as much, well, there hasn't been a lot to comment on lately. Sometimes I've thought about starting a bunch of threads just to give the guys something to talk about but that seems sort of lame IMO.

Last off, I think both Rim and I have done everything we could to try and make this section of getbig at least somewhat worthwhile...we don't remove questions or comments no matter how stupid they might be, unless they are blatant pointless attacks, and we always try to answer questions even when they've been answered 1000X. So I guess I don't' get it...this board has a lot of traffic, more then a lot of other boards, but posting is way down. Thankfully this is just a message board and has no baring on real life, lol!

Btw congrats, gh15 "confirmed" you as a good source of hormones knowledge ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 08:36:10 PM »
Btw congrats, gh15 "confirmed" you as a good source of hormones knowledge ;D
When did this happen? I must of missed this one....did hell freeze over last night, lol?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »
When did this happen? I must of missed this one....did hell freeze over last night, lol?

It did happen!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=212011.msg2938842#msg2938842

awesome  ;D

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:52:36 PM »
after raw deal I decided to stay off the boards. I only pop on here every blue moon. very few on here know their shit. The thing about online is you never know who is on the other end of the computer. after some of the busts some very big named mod and sources were busted and their pictures were on the news and it was just a joke! I couldnt believe these guys were making peoples gear or giving advice to people. best to stick to the local guys you know. why take advice from people you dont know or have never seen? take advice from the baddest dudes in your town , guys you played sports with and made it big people like that. after seeing some of these mods and sources I was absolutely appauled!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
after raw deal I decided to stay off the boards. I only pop on here every blue moon. very few on here know their shit. The thing about online is you never know who is on the other end of the computer. after some of the busts some very big named mod and sources were busted and their pictures were on the news and it was just a joke! I couldnt believe these guys were making peoples gear or giving advice to people. best to stick to the local guys you know. why take advice from people you dont know or have never seen? take advice from the baddest dudes in your town , guys you played sports with and made it big people like that. after seeing some of these mods and sources I was absolutely appauled!
Are you saying they didn't look the part? I'm being dead serious with this question.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »
Are you gh15?  :-\

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »

Which would those be? Pretty much all gear boards have an agenda due to sponsors.

Case in point.

There's just a ton of complete BS to wade through on most boards. There are some very knowledgeable guys here and there but it takes some experience to see who knows what they are talking about.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 09:39:41 PM »
Which would those be? Pretty much all gear boards have an agenda due to sponsors.

Case in point.

There's just a ton of complete BS to wade through on most boards. There are some very knowledgeable guys here and there but it takes some experience to see who knows what they are talking about.
I think you are one of the good ones also. 8)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 09:40:39 PM »
STFU, yellow toothed cop.
Are you juicing or just following me round like a "bad smell"  :D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 09:55:12 PM »
Are you juicing or just following me round like a "bad smell"  :D
Weak, even for a cop. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mopar_freak

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 03:44:26 AM »
its because people dont want to answer my questions ;D
mish1234
so hot

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 07:20:07 AM »
Thats because I stop posting here

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 04:40:40 PM »

AJ is the fucking man... good stuff and helpful with questions...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 05:49:18 PM »

Shit we're both there.  ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
In the short time I have been around here, I have seen the quality of this board go down.

Some of the slow down might be due to Raw Deal but for me lately, it is the gimmicks and the childish behavior of those that spill over from the G&O section. It was the death of trab  :'(

Hard to know nowadays who is serious and who is just being a clown.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »
I'm just too busy to answer questions that a 5 minute google search could answer. I'm also tired of arguing with guys who have no idea what they are talking about.

that pretty much sums it up for me...well, i also work 50 hours a week, have a girl to spend time with and go to college full time. ;D

i always answer PM's though and like Arnold said, there have been a LOT more PM's to answer as of late.

Stay safe...

8)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »
hopefully the members on this board have moved away from gear and decided to stay clean and healthy :)
TEAM Nasser