Author Topic: Why don't the *pros* post on getbig?  (Read 13036 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
Why don't the *pros* post on getbig?
« on: April 28, 2008, 02:13:03 AM »
We know that they would be subject to slamming, but that would die off pretty quickly and as the smoke clears, most of us would respect the fact that they have the guts to post on this board.
What is amusing is that some of them will post on the oh-so-boring and safe flexonline, where the slightest bit of banter usually results in warnings and/or bannings. Phil heath, jay Cutler, quincy Taylor (if you define him as a *pro*), Dennis James, among others post on that board, as they know that it's taboo to say a *negative* comment towards them.
Finally, the arrogance of the *pros* is sometimes amusing. Take jay Cutler for example. A few weeks ago he indicated that he would be online to answer questions at some specific hour on some specific date, as if he thinks himself as a God, and his disciples will all run to the computer just because he is online. Moreover, as if he's that busy that he must indicate that he's only be available at that time. It's not as if he works a 12 hour manual day of anything. He lives the work free life of a *pro* bodybuilder, which, by his own words, includes a nice nap in the day. Perhaps he could tune in then, instead of having his nice *nap* during the day? Like we can all afford to have a nap in the day?
Thus, will the *pros* ever be regulars on getbig?

(Determinator:official getbig big6 member)

Mark1

• Getbig III
Re: Why don't the *pros* post on getbig?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 02:21:22 AM »
After the flamings they get they probably smash their pc's to pieces with roid rage. Would get expensive after a while...  ;D Imagine how many kamali has gone through  :o

Why would they come here when most of the posts are negative towards them  ??? They can go to other forums and be treated like gods.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 02:25:33 AM »
I guess so, but, for example, Bob posts on here and whilst he's not a competitior anymore, at the end of the day most of us tip our hats toward him for having the guts to be subject to flamming, which, as we've seen, soon dies down anyway.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 02:37:01 AM »
We know that they would be subject to slamming, but that would die off pretty quickly and as the smoke clears,
ahahahhahahahahhahjk   BWHJfucking ahahaha bwaha fuck ahaha fuck bwaha aha fuck fuck lolololol.... NOOB!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 02:39:34 AM »
pros posted here way more in the past.  asking why they don't now is really funny.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »
ahahahhahahahahhahjk   BWHJfucking ahahaha bwaha fuck ahaha fuck bwaha aha fuck fuck lolololol.... NOOB!!!!!!!!!!
Very classy.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 03:42:02 AM »
They can't handle the truth.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 03:56:35 AM »

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 04:12:01 AM »
wasnt there a thread like this last week
Z

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 04:20:40 AM »
I guess so, but, for example, Bob posts on here and whilst he's not a competitior anymore, at the end of the day most of us tip our hats toward him for having the guts to be subject to flamming, which, as we've seen, soon dies down anyway.

Up until reading this post I actually thought you were a puppet of an older standing member but this comment really betrays some incredibly naivety about how Getbig->Pro relations progress.  Insults do not die down on this board.  They continue, often getting worse until a reaction occurs (ie, they go away).  I'm not romanticising this fact, just simply stating what happens.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 04:24:25 AM »
Up until reading this post I actually thought you were a puppet of an older standing member but this comment really betrays some incredibly naivety about how Getbig->Pro relations progress.  Insults do not die down on this board.  They continue, often getting worse until a reaction occurs (ie, they go away).  I'm not romanticising this fact, just simply stating what happens.
I simply do not believe your evaluation.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 04:42:35 AM »
I simply do not believe your evaluation.

Nevertheless, it is true.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 04:45:03 AM »
Nevertheless, it is true.
If it is an evaluation by yourself, i have serious doubts concerning it's truth. You have a long, long history of spraying junk over the board.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 04:49:21 AM »
If it is an evaluation by yourself, i have serious doubts concerning it's truth. You have a long, long history of spraying junk over the board.

And you can think of many examples in the 2 months you have been on Getbig?
P

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 04:59:29 AM »
Zack Khan was posting here a few days ago (okay, I know he's not strictly a pro but is pretty damn close to it) and he was providing some good info into his training and diet until some muppet asked him for details of his cycle - he hasn't been on here since.

My point is, people will just end up taking the piss with the pros and it scares them off - come on, if you were a pro would you discuss your drug regimen on here?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 05:19:55 AM »
We know that they would be subject to slamming, but that would die off pretty quickly and as the smoke clears, most of us would respect the fact that they have the guts to post on this board.
What is amusing is that some of them will post on the oh-so-boring and safe flexonline, where the slightest bit of banter usually results in warnings and/or bannings. Phil heath, jay Cutler, quincy Taylor (if you define him as a *pro*), Dennis James, among others post on that board, as they know that it's taboo to say a *negative* comment towards them.
Finally, the arrogance of the *pros* is sometimes amusing. Take jay Cutler for example. A few weeks ago he indicated that he would be online to answer questions at some specific hour on some specific date, as if he thinks himself as a God, and his disciples will all run to the computer just because he is online. Moreover, as if he's that busy that he must indicate that he's only be available at that time. It's not as if he works a 12 hour manual day of anything. He lives the work free life of a *pro* bodybuilder, which, by his own words, includes a nice nap in the day. Perhaps he could tune in then, instead of having his nice *nap* during the day? Like we can all afford to have a nap in the day?
Thus, will the *pros* ever be regulars on getbig?

obviously you haven't been around these parts very long
!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 05:23:56 AM »
And you can think of many examples in the 2 months you have been on Getbig?

When the going gets tough, the pseudo intellectual resorts to any foothold he can muster.

Truth is, I've barely posted in the last two months.  A month or so ago I did correct him when he mentioned spell check would remove his usage of "hear" to the correct word "here" (in the context of what he said). 

Ever since then he's been quick to attempt to "get one up" over me in any thread he can.  Generally, nothing more than petty insults that are completely beside the point (ie, betraying your incredible lack of experience and then making comments about "long history" at the same time ::))

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 05:44:28 AM »
Quite a few pros posted here even just 2 years ago, but the flaming and hating for the sake of flaming and hating just made them give up on the board.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 05:53:19 AM »
it's pretty simple, most of the Pro's seem to be very vain so they don't respond well to somebody slagging them off
or really taking the piss on their physique.
Again If i would be a pro why would I post on a board that has for every poster that gives honest feedback 10 who simply
want to "score" some online credit by being as disrespecful as possible?
Unless getbig is a vital part of publicity there is absolutly no need for them to post here.

but getbig has been doing very well without the Pro's and we all know that most of them still post here under gimmick accounts.
That's the paradox, the more vicious people become here the more they love getbig, we are like the underdog of Bodybuilding.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 06:35:42 AM »
Quite a few pros posted here even just 2 years ago, but the flaming and hating for the sake of flaming and hating just made them give up on the board.

Not really...  only the thick-skinned ones ever lasted here;  the fragile-ego pussies never posted here for longer than a day, same as with anyone else whether a pro or non-pro.  MD contracts and Blechman's ego are the reason Shawn and Lee can't post anymore,  Milos got busy and isnt on the internet much, and Bob's still here.

Actually, there are quite a few pros posting and reading anyway...  most of them are just smart enough not to post under their own name.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 06:43:08 AM »

Not really...  only the thick-skinned ones ever lasted here;  the fragile-ego pussies never posted here for longer than a day, same as with anyone else whether a pro or non-pro.  MD contracts and Blechman's ego are the reason Shawn and Lee can't post anymore,  Milos got busy and isnt on the internet much, and Bob's still here.

Actually, there are quite a few pros posting and reading anyway...  most of them are just smart enough not to post under their own name.

Exactly. 

Who needs the hassle?  Better for the pros (or any high-level bodybuilders) to just lay low and enjoy the entertainment here from time-to-time than to get into pissing matches with anonymous internet characters.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 07:14:49 AM »
Pity though I was attracted to this board because I heard the pros post here.

That's the paradox, the more vicious people become here the more they love getbig, we are like the underdog of Bodybuilding.

So true it is the most anarchial board I have ever seen

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 07:16:30 AM »
i'll GAURANTEE you that every single one of the Top 15 or so pros in the IFBB reads this site, they may not post but they definitely lurk.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 07:20:14 AM »
Pity though I was attracted to this board because I heard the pros post here.

So true it is the most anarchial board I have ever seen

there are similar boards out there not BB related of course ... getbig is a lot like, Genmayhem (Genmay) or upstandingfuckingcitizen s.com.
the main difference is that the Mods here have a very "relaxed" approach on things, it's mainly down to the community to
sort certain people out.
Look at me for excample, as soon as my my offtopics get out of hand I have an pm from 1-3 people "gently" reminding me what an asshole i am, so i swiftly change my actions for 2-3 days.

Getbig is largly moderated by the Community that in itslelf is very very rare.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »
A few weeks ago he indicated that he would be online to answer questions at some specific hour on some specific date, as if he thinks himself as a God, and his disciples will all run to the computer just because he is online. Moreover, as if he's that busy that he must indicate that he's only be available at that time. It's not as if he works a 12 hour manual day of anything.

Why don't pros post here? Simple. They don't need to. People have lives outside of the internet, and they have better things to do. Why take all the hate?