Author Topic: I'm thinking of quitting!!!  (Read 6439 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
I'm thinking of quitting!!!
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »
Bodybuilding.
Although I've thought that before, I can never just quit.
I'm thinking on doing cardio only for a while,
but I can't help pickin up my barbells at home and curling
or just droppin down and doin pushups till failure.

I'm sick of it
Most are all show no go!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: I'm thinking of quitting!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:41:06 AM »
You think Jesus quit on the cross?

You think Dusty Roads quit when the 4 horsemen attacked him?

Quit complaining you fucking homo.
$

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »
Bodybuilding.

I'm sick of it
ditto.........my shoulder is fucking killing me

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »
Oh please don't.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »
Bodybuilding.

I'm sick of it

I quit for the past year after doing it for 9 years straight.  I can't say I really miss having my life scheduled around eating protein, and it's nice to talk to people and not have the first thing out of there mouth be some stupid comment about working out.

I went from 250 lbs and now only eat once or twice a day with almost zero protein and I'm still holding 190 lbs well over a year later.

I never thought I would be able to stop, but it just kinda happened.  Looking back I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 09:52:31 AM »
I quit for the past year after doing it for 9 years straight.  I can't say I really miss having my life scheduled around eating protein, and it's nice to talk to people and not have the first thing out of there mouth be some stupid comment about working out.

I went from 250 lbs and now only eat once or twice a day with almost zero protein and I'm still holding 190 lbs well over a year later.

I never thought I would be able to stop, but it just kinda happened.  Looking back I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.
is that you currently?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 09:56:47 AM »
looking like a tank stormshadow.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »
All y'all  lack of willpower sickens me

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 09:58:10 AM »
I think that is him at 250, he is 190 now, that doesn't look like 190.  Anyway it is good to take a break from bodybuilding being said.

TEAM Nasser

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 10:06:44 AM »
All y'all  lack of willpower sickens me

Its not really will power, just need a change of scenery.  The chicks at my gym are not even hot these days.
Most are all show no go!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 10:11:15 AM »
Its not really will power, just need a change of scenery.  The chicks at my gym are not even hot these days.

Sounds like the reason you're doing it for, is wrong.
Do it for the feel of the weight, the pump, the leanness in the mirror, or another challenge of weight/reps with the bar.
Not for the chicks or a fucking plastic trophy.
It's funny how Bodybuilding went from a lifestyle, to what people do for money....the chick aspect of it always went along with it, but things got skewed when that was the sole purpose of the journey.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 10:18:25 AM »

Looking great - arms and delts especially.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:52 AM »

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 10:37:41 AM »
Must require a lot of thought.  Good thing you're reaching out for assistance.  Richard Feynman often reached out to his colleagues when he needed help on his most difficult thoughts.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 10:41:16 AM »

What was that like, when your friends and co-workers were used to seeing you huge? 

BDG

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 11:00:59 AM »
I think if you need to take a break from lifting, then do so ...  Sometimes 6 months turns into 2 years , or forever.....

BUT.....  I all ways found that I missed working out...  I enjoy the "me" time in the morning. and my personality is more agressive or easily aggitated if I do not workout regularly.

I do not think I will ever quit working out, until my body quits on me.  However I have a more balanced life now, i.e. my days do not revolve around working out and getting big anymore.
OSC

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »
Bodybuilding.

I'm sick of it
I have felt like this at various times and here is my advice ( after many years in/around BB)
1. Take a break from the wts and all bodybuilding stuff for a few days.Go run, hike, and do some active stuff besides lifting in a gym.

2. Watch a variety of other things or sports and relax.

3. If you feel the need to be involved again in bodybuilding, do it on your terms:
compete in a local show, attend a pro event or just workout and enjoy your progress

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
I have felt like this at various times and here is my advice ( after many years in/around BB)
1. Take a break from the wts and all bodybuilding stuff for a few days.Go run, hike, and do some active stuff besides lifting in a gym.

2. Watch a variety of other things or sports and relax.

3. If you feel the need to be involved again in bodybuilding, do it on your terms:
compete in a local show, attend a pro event or just workout and enjoy your progress

Yeah, thats what I'm doing.  I'm still doing cardio, eating good, actually eating great, just not like a bodybuilder.  Eating 5x a day is not easy, especially been doing it for years and I don't compete.

Most are all show no go!

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 11:36:22 AM »
had to be done.

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »
just quit imo
the training tanning eating every few hours is annoying after a while
plus the high protein intake is bad for your kidneys, and the weights are bad for your joints

Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »
What was that like, when your friends and co-workers were used to seeing you huge? 

My boss, the VP of Product Development will make remarks sometimes in meetings, calling me a fucking pussy for quitting and getting small.  He is joking of course, but it gets a bunch of laughs at my expense :)

Other people were slow to notice, my old buddies that I used to bounce with ALWAYS give me a hard time.

What I'm not really looking forward to is all the smart remarks when I do go back and muscle memory allows me to get back all of my gains within several weeks time.  

Looking back, all of that training and hard work was rooted in insecurity.  I'm not so afraid to be normal now, and it actually helps with business and women, to be normal, dress sharp, and focus on making money.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
looking like a tank stormshadow.

You are packing quite the set of cannons yourself there Mars.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »

Like Youngblood is saying.. I think you were doing it for all the wrong reasons... Hell I just went from working out at a college gym to working out at a rec centre with a sea of seniors cause my year of school vacation is over and I gotta head back to work.  Sure I dig me some fly hunnies son, but that's far in the back of my mind when it's training time.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 11:53:57 AM »
Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!