Author Topic: Bob says: Drugs have less to do with the b/building look than people think?  (Read 11427 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Haney didn't lose that much weight.

Again, if you REALLY want to see a drastic difference, check out some of the guys at the 1992 WBF Championship, especially one "Iron Warrior", Mike Christian.

Keep in mind that, at the time of the competition, the WBF had only applied its drug-testing protocols for three months.

This is not true...they were tested all year, as I was training w Padilla and remember the frequent testing he had to go to.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
he didn't,but everybody raved about the smaller bbers that yr,like it was due to being drug free.labrada,benfatto,hillebrand,all got in shape and looked good,but it wasn't like a miracle due to 1 yr drug free olympia.these guys know what and when to do,and most were well prepared to adjust accordingly.

Compare the guys who competed at the ’89 Olympia with their pics at the ’90 Olympia. There ain’t that much of a dropoff.

NOW, compare the pics of the WBF guys from the ’91 and ’92 shows.

Or, look at the guys who competed in the ’89 and/or ’90 Olympias AND both WBF Championships (i.e. Mike Quinn, Eddie Robinson, Mike Christian).

This is not true...they were tested all year, as I was training w Padilla and remember the frequent testing he had to go to.

When was the start date? From reading WBF/Bodybuilding Lifestyles Magazine (didn't you do a few pics for them, back in the day?), the drug-testing started in March of 1992 (or, at least, that's when it was announced at the press conference).

bigmc

• Getbig V

what weight do you think the current crop of guys would step on stage clean

the tall guys about 230

the little guys bout 180 to 200 would be my guess
T

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
If you notice it is the guys who rely on the drugs the most and are the biggest who always say that drugs don't matter much.  If they didn't matter so much then why do they look so different when they are off them.  I gained a ton of strength when I was on them and I kept that strength when I was off them 10 years later cause I always lifted heavy.  I would take months off at a time because I would be too busy to lift like I wanted and start back and get most of my strength back in about a month.  Pro BB's rely on drugs when the are getting ready for a show.  When they are off of them they are also not lifting like they do when they are on.  I believe in at least the strength part of it that if you continue to lift heavy you won't lose much.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Compare the guys who competed at the ’89 Olympia with their pics at the ’90 Olympia. There ain’t that much of a dropoff.

NOW, compare the pics of the WBF guys from the ’91 and ’92 shows.

Or, look at the guys who competed in the ’89 and/or ’90 Olympias AND the ’91 and ’92 WBF Championships (i.e. Mike Quinn, Eddie Robinson, Mike Christian).

When was the start date? From reading WBF/Bodybuilding Lifestyles Magazine (didn't you do a few pics for them, back in the day?), the drug-testing started in March of 1992 (or, at least, that's when it was announced at the press conference).

LOL...yeah...I did one of the first shoots for them. We actually shot the training pics in McMahons own personal gym at his house in Conneticut. They were considering signing me and Paul DeMayo just before the WBF went south...

Remember, what you read in a magazine isn't exactly "up to the minute" info....by the time it was mentioned in an article, they had already been tested for months.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
what weight do you think the current crop of guys would step on stage clean

the tall guys about 230

the little guys bout 180 to 200 would be my guess

They'd all be down about 20 lbs....give or take.

bigmc

• Getbig V
They'd all be down about 20 lbs....give or take.

i agree

they would still be big

people dont realise the importance of genetics

way more important than drugs
T

Heywood

• Getbig IV
Kim Chivesky on drugs would have beaten the NABBA Mr. U's from the 1950's.

Kim Chivesky off drugs would not be noticed if she were wearing a bikini in the checkout line at Wal Mart.

The women PROVE the extreme effectiveness of steroids.  We are willing to believe tripe from the male b/bers that it only adds 15% or so.   

Bullshit.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Kim Chivesky on drugs would have beaten the NABBA Mr. U's from the 1950's.

Kim Chivesky off drugs would not be noticed if she were wearing a bikini in the checkout line at Wal Mart.

The women PROVE the extreme effectiveness of steroids.  We are willing to believe tripe from the male b/bers that it only adds 15% or so.   

Bullshit.

women dont have the same natural hormones for building muscle as men

dick weed
T

Heywood

• Getbig IV
women dont have the same natural hormones for building muscle as men

dick weed

I meant to add to my post:

And then they will tell you how much more effective steroids are for women than men.

Hope that helps. they don't really work on the men.......

Kevin Levrone standing in line at Wal Mart doesn't get noticed either......

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
Haney didn't lose that much weight.

He was 250 lbs in 1989 and 239 lbs in 1990. When you add into the equaton the fact that he was softer too, then the actualy loss of muscle was greater than the one indicated by the scae weight. I would guess 30 lbs, with a gain of 10 lbs of fat, which explains why he was less ripped.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LOL...yeah...I did one of the first shoots for them. We actually shot the training pics in McMahons own personal gym at his house in Conneticut. They were considering signing me and Paul DeMayo just before the WBF went south...

Remember, what you read in a magazine isn't exactly "up to the minute" info....by the time it was mentioned in an article, they had already been tested for months.

I wonder what nickname McMahon would have developed for you.

Pre-films (before your routines), custom-made music (during your routines), and a smorgasbord of ICOPRO supplements: Imagine what could have been. ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
I wonder what nickname McMahon would have developed for you.

Pre-films (before your routines), custom-made music (during your routines), and a smorgasbord of ICOPRO supplements: Imagine what could have been. ;D

Just imagine....

knny187

• Getbig V
Just imagine....

Bob-O.....the clown?

;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Ron: "I am lazy."

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Haney didn't look that bad. Now, if you really want to make your point, use the 1992 WBF Championship.

this is very true...

the 1992 wbf show is the only professional bbing show in history where a decent argument can be made for most of the competitors being totally off testosterone, and this was only for a few months prior to the show where each competitor was supposedly weaned off with pct.

it is obvious, however, that guys like strydom where still on something because he didn't look any different to the first show and before anyone says that strydom was a natural freak i remember seeing a couple of shots in lonnie teper's column in musclemag post wbf collapse where strydom decided to 'take a break'. gary looked like another person, a person that had never trained weights in his whole life.

he obviously had a sense of humour because it was his first day back in golds or something and there he is doing concentration curls with a 10lb dumbell...i shit you not, if his skinny fat upper arms were more than 13" i would be very surprised.

don't underestimate the dark side...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this is very true...

the 1992 wbf show is the only professional bbing show in history where a decent argument can be made for most of the competitors being totally off testosterone, and this was only for a few months prior to the show where each competitor was supposedly weaned off with pct.

it is obvious, however, that guys like strydom where still on something because he didn't look any different to the first show and before anyone says that strydom was a natural freak i remember seeing a couple of shots in lonnie teper's column in musclemag post wbf collapse where strydom decided to 'take a break'. gary looked like another person, a person that had never trained weights in his whole life.

he obviously had a sense of humour because it was his first day back in golds or something and there he is doing concentration curls with a 10lb dumbell...i shit you not, if his skinny fat upper arms were more than 13" i would be very surprised.

don't underestimate the dark side...

I must disagree with you about the comments on Strydom. I remember watching the show on pay-per-view (I taped it, as well). Vince McMahon even commented that "I don't believe he's quite as big as he was last year. But, overall, he may even be better."

Strydom was not as big in '92 as he was in '91. He looked to be about 10-15 lbs. lighter. In fact, the only guy in that show who appeared bigger (that is, more muscular) that the previous year was "The Dark Angel", Aaron Baker. "Jetman" Tony Pearson looked about the same, maybe a little sharper. But, everyone else appeared smaller and/or smoother.

Berry DeMey was a bit odd. The "Flexing Dutchman" looked fine during his routine, in which he took time out of his busy schedule (winning at roulette and fornicating with a busty brunette, who gave him the key to her hotel room) to pose for the audience. But, during the top-5 posedown, he was smooth as a baby's behind, his condition almost mirroring that of "Major Guns" Eddie Robinson.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
I dont really understand why bber should take drugs.
Even if they turn into natural, they are enough tremendous to surprise us with their mass.
Ronnie or Markus or Paco or whoever... these monsters without drugs can be still bigger than 80s bbers like Samir bannout or Mohamed Makkawy.