Author Topic: Lenght of work out?  (Read 4226 times)

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Lenght of work out?
« on: April 29, 2008, 11:21:53 PM »
How long does your work out normaly last for mine is only 45-55 mins
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Lenght of work out?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 11:31:23 PM »

I think your full of shit.....

nobody does what they have to do in an hour (much less 45 min)

I know the common thought is to get in there and get intense with your sets.... but NOBODY i see doing anything relevant gets in there in under an 1.5 hours.....

if you're a pumper fine than I can see it.....

but if you're a tank top pumper..............who really gives a rats ass what you've read in some of these mags !

io856

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 11:40:45 PM »
wow he really struck a nerve

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »
no nerves struck...

I'm just callin a bluff !

I'm a realist who likes doing that....

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 12:22:28 AM »
I agree with Geo to an extent. Im always in the gym for at least an hour, yet that i know that im not overtraining. I don't rest overly long, yet i don't see the point in rushing myself.

Theres nothing i hate more than being in the gym and only having about 45 mi ns or so to workout. I just end up rushing everything and leave feeling that it was a shit workout.

So mine would be anywhere from 1- 1.5hrs. I don't care if people think its too long. I prefer this length.
No doubt about it...

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 03:51:37 AM »
Fuck calm down geo If you bother to read my previous post I recently had surgery Im currently just hitting the weights again here is my routine fully body work out for the next two months then I'll split it up, Seated row x 3 sets, tricep pull down x 3 sets, cable bicep curl x 3 sets, seated chess press x3 sets,  shoulder press x 3 sets, shoulder shrugs till failure. Some times ill add in lat pull downs just depends on how my back is feeling. And why the fuck would anyone lie about length of work out maybe trying to sound hard core an saying you work out for 2 hours but 45 to an hour tops is what I work out if you count the 15 on the tredmill before hand then its an 115 mins.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:10:58 AM »
This is about right, aussie. Legs take me a tad (5-10 mins) longer. If you can't hit a bodypart hard in 30-45 mins, then stretching it out is just diminishing returns. You need to go back to the drawing board and rethink things if you are taking any longer -ie. less time between sets/more intensity; more weight; supersets, etc.

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 06:56:07 AM »
Exactly I don't see the point in doing something in 1 hour 30mins that takes 100 hour, I take a 2 min break max between sets then move onto the next machine/weight. Even when I get back to normaly I cant see the length of time changing the exercises will but thats about it.Unless your juicing the what's the point each to there own tho.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 07:20:18 AM »
depends. Legs and back about 90 minutes,  Chest and triceps, Shoulders, biceps about 75 minutes.

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 07:24:15 AM »
Mass would you say though for my full body work out with the above exercises that 55-60 mins is long enough?
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 08:25:45 AM »
Mass would you say though for my full body work out with the above exercises that 55-60 mins is long enough?
yes, with the exercises you listed and the rest periods that sounds about right.

philly

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 09:01:18 AM »
70-90 minutes...depending

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 11:47:29 AM »
training 30minutes picking up chicks another 15 so 45 minutes or so
Z

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »
picking up chicks another 15
you train to failure right?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 01:25:14 PM »
I think your full of shit.....

nobody does what they have to do in an hour (much less 45 min)

I know the common thought is to get in there and get intense with your sets.... but NOBODY i see doing anything relevant gets in there in under an 1.5 hours.....

if you're a pumper fine than I can see it.....

but if you're a tank top pumper..............who really gives a rats ass what you've read in some of these mags !
maybe "aussiejosh" takes 25 seconds rest between sets of 95 pound benches, squats and deadlifts, Geo. ;D

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
If i'm doing sets of heavy squats for 4-6 reps, then i need AT LEAST 4-5 mins in between sets. If you are truly pushing yourself, then i can't see how you would have the strength to push the same or heavier weights with 90 seconds rest.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »
If i'm doing sets of heavy squats for 4-6 reps, then i need AT LEAST 4-5 mins in between sets. If you are truly pushing yourself, then i can't see how you would have the strength to push the same or heavier weights with 90 seconds rest.
exactly. I understand why "aussie josh" trains like that but for any healthy person can rest for 37 seconds when they are deadlifting 155. I really hate those clown who look at their Casio calculator watches and time their rest periods.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 03:00:22 PM »
well, it all depends on what bodypart your doing. if your doing. Legs takes about 60 minutes,chest and back takes  about 50 minutes and arms / shoulders are 40 - 45 minutes. It includes stretching afterwards.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »
So we talking about actual time in the gym or actual time working out. Warm-ups and all that other stuff that most guys do before getting ready to move some weight? Also things like gazing in the mirror with a  slight flex here and there. Drawning in the not needed lifting belt, an extra notch, to kind of look cool and get that "V" shape. Checking if there is any puss-ahhh around. Even some of the of the 40/50ish MILF kind of look good in a gym. Some at a distance anyway. But like in a bar, mostly looking good nearing closing time.

I'm doing three exercises a workout, in three seperate workout days in a 9 day cycle. Require just about 45- 50 minutes a gym session. Workout #1: BB hack, BP and Hi-pull. Next workout day workout #2: DB Side press, chin and step-up. Workout #3: Dips & SLDL/shrug (a strong shrug when reaching the standing position). Three to four sets each (9 to, at the most, 12 sets a complete workout) and trying for 90 to 120 seconds between sets. And, at the most, 3 to 4 minutes between exercises. Reps are 6-9 mostly. Trying to keep it brief and to the point. Thats the idea is it not? Good Luck.
F

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
60-75 mins for me - depends what I'm doing.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »
up to 2 hrs

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »
This is about right, aussie. Legs take me a tad (5-10 mins) longer. If you can't hit a bodypart hard in 30-45 mins, then stretching it out is just diminishing returns. You need to go back to the drawing board and rethink things if you are taking any longer -ie. less time between sets/more intensity; more weight; supersets, etc.
whats your back and leg routines look like im just curious? If your doing BB squats, and SLDL's, hacks and another ham exercise then i seriously doubt you are done in 30 mins even 45 mins, if your doing leg presses, with leg curls and leg ext. then sure. It depends what exercises your doing and the intensity your performing them at for you aussie i think thats pretty reasonable for the exercises your doing but why no legs? Is that due to the operation?

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »
Yeah it is due to the op because it puts pressure directly onto the spine, but I have been doing squats with a swiss gym ball behind my back and dumb bells in hand which on do on a seperate day at home which sucks cause I cant wait to train legs properly but if I rush it I could really fuck things up so I've just been doing that and chucking the tredmil  on a incline so thats all I really can do for now. And to answer squadfather why would you need to take any longer rest period then 2-3 mins between sets I just dont get those clowns that sit there an chat for 10 mins then go and do another set I want my muscles to stay as warm and pumped as possible and take enough time to get your breath back and hit back into it again.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
Thats cool, shoot stay safe its better than screwing yourself up and making it worse. Aussie on the bigger lifts: deads, squats, SLDL's I think you need a longer break Ill take 5 mins sometimes more in between those exercises. Its all about the weight/intensity sure i could knock off a good chunk of weight and drop my breaks to 2 mins on these but thats counter productive to my goals, building strength and muscle mass. The smaller exercises or machines are easier to take less time in between, big full body exercises and free weight exercises require more time. Its not like we sit there and talk man inbetween these sets i feel like puking/laying down in the fetal position and rocking back in forth...lol believe me talking is the last thing on my mind

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 08:56:07 PM »
hahah yeah I can understand what your saying about the squats and other exercises that are hardcore but I guess what Im saying is aimed at guys like Geo who said no one can do what they are there to do in 1 hour or 45 min which I think is crap it just depends on what your there to do there is more then one way to skin a cat!
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH