Author Topic: How big is your home...?  (Read 6422 times)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Re: How big is your home...?
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »
good looking female, x.   is that a pebble tech finish in your pool?

Yes.  Love it too.  Easier to maintain.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »
Yes.  Love it too.  Easier to maintain.

oh 4sho no shit man.

you got pebble tech, pebble sheen, or pebble fina ?

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2008, 07:30:38 PM »
Unless the neighborhood's fucked.

haha good point. They're doing a lot of re-builds and scraping old homes in the neighborhood so I think we'll be allright. One of the new mini-mansions 4 streets down is going for $1.8 mil now. Honestly if there end up being more rentals on my street I'd look for an opportunity to buy some rental properties too, my in-laws are still doing well with about a dozen properties in the greater area even in this market. The thing I learned to stay away from were neighborhoods with a lot of foreclosures and/or the new suburbs, there's way too much new supply/sprawl in the Dallas area to justify buying another new starter home and hope to God for 3-4% appreciation in 10 years.

Moosejay

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2008, 07:30:45 PM »
Yes...that caught my eye...called a turret, yes?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2008, 07:31:14 PM »
Funny...I have had more than a few patients who were in the trades (Painting, handywork, carpentry, etc) move to Florida bc they said jobs were easier to come by than in CT

true, a year ago.

today you have 1/2 built houses everywhere.  Pulte and other homebuilders laid off hundreds of people.

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2008, 07:32:42 PM »
true, a year ago.

today you have 1/2 built houses everywhere.  Pulte and other homebuilders laid off hundreds of people.

Man, that is sad.

I hate to see that happen...especially to people with kids.

Hopefully, folks can hang in there till things turn around.

Goodness for all.....

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2008, 07:34:22 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, in the second pic, is that a converted old grain silo on the back of a barn? If so, very nice work staying true to the rustic architecture of the property. I like it a lot.

I really am shocked to see some of you with this insight and culture. Very cool.  My own friends think that it's weird that we built around the silo.

We are putting the jacuzzi in, yes you guessed it the silo.  I honesty feel in love with this when I first toured the property. The barn worked out great as we remodled it and made it a loft. We lived in that while we completed the home for six months.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2008, 07:35:04 PM »
one of them, a teenage kid hit an old man with a hammer for his wife's purse.  people here are broke, and broke people do desperate shit.  another, the robber drove to a nice part of down, knocked on door, then kicked the shit out of the lady who answered and took some $ and left.  

There's less and less paper money floating around out there... most people use plastic these days and don't carry cash.  I'm surprised the criminals are finding any paper cash to steal.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Moosejay

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2008, 07:36:28 PM »
 I really am shocked to see some of you with this insight and culture. Very cool.  My own friends think that it's weird that we built around the silo.

We are putting the jacuzzi in, yes you guessed it the silo.  I honesty feel in love with this when I first toured the property. The barn worked out great as we remodled it and made it a loft. We lived in that while we completed the home for six months.

Well...I am old compared to must of you youngsters...with age comes the insight and the culture, I guess

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »
There's less and less paper money floating around out there... most people use plastic these days and don't carry cash.  I'm surprised the criminals are finding any paper cash to steal.

Good point I don't even carry a wallet, I have a card holder.

Moosejay

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »

True...I rarely carry cash...maybe 1020 bucks at msot

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2008, 07:37:42 PM »

i'm sure they left with a total of $20 for all their trouble.  My point is that people are invading homes for grovery money, and stuff really isn't that bad at all at the moment.  Barely a recession by definition.  I can imagine people will get really stupid and brave when they're truly hungry.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2008, 07:38:38 PM »

just over a grand, huh?  Nice.

I etch my name into the slide of my glock.  If someone wants my info, I stick a gun in their face and tell them to squint.  Cops get so antsy though.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2008, 07:38:45 PM »
a thousand and twenty dollars ?? who does that ?? LOL  ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »

That's 10-20 bucks!

Moosejay

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »
i'm sure they left with a total of $20 for all their trouble.  My point is that people are invading homes for grovery money, and stuff really isn't that bad at all at the moment.  Barely a recession by definition.  I can imagine people will get really stupid and brave when they're truly hungry.

Correct...not a recession...there is ACTUALLY mild growth going on currently.,...not alot, but some.

Can't be a recession with growth.

240...isn't your bro the one whose a pharmacist and shot a perp?

Bully for him!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2008, 07:40:43 PM »
 I can imagine people will get really stupid and brave when they're truly hungry.

That's when you can properly answer the people who ask, "what the hell do you need an AR-15 for?"
Ron: "I am lazy."

Moosejay

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »
Indeed

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2008, 07:42:31 PM »
Correct...not a recession...there is ACTUALLY mild growth going on currently.,...not alot, but some.

Can't be a recession with growth.

Bully for him!
::)

subtract the top 1 percent of the population, and we are DEEP into recession.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2008, 07:42:56 PM »
Bully for him!

Yep.  The guy rode to Miami with a .45 hollow point round in his gut, next to his spine.  he got surgery under his uncle's name, then came right back to north fort myers to his home, where cops had staked out.  He is now partially paralyzed on left side of body and craps in a bag for life.  He's doing 13 years for shooting at a cop the day before he robbed the pharmacy.  I think he pled to 6 add'l years for the pharmacy job.  

Moosejay

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2008, 07:43:53 PM »
Mmmmm...I dunno....that is too easy.

However...if we are DEEP into a recession...then the end should be near of it.

These things are cyclic, as you know, with beginnings, middles and ends.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »
Mmmmm...I dunno....that is too easy.

However...if we are DEEP into a recession...then the end should be near of it.

These things are cyclic, as you know, with beginnings, middles and ends.
ummmm    they are cyclic if mankind so chooses. at the moment, those in control are not choosing for it to be cyclic.

Moosejay

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2008, 07:45:12 PM »
Yep.  The guy rode to Miami with a .45 hollow point round in his gut, next to his spine.  He is now partially paralyzed on left side of body and craps in a bag for life.  He's doing 13 years for shooting at a cop the day before he robbed the pharmacy.  I think he pled to 6 add'l years for the pharmacy job.  

Hell...shot at a cop one day, then your brother the next.

Shouldn't he have gotten life?

I thought Florida laws were togh down there?

In liberal CT...he'd have gotten 7 years.

Moosejay

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2008, 07:46:01 PM »
ummmm    they are cyclic if mankind so chooses. at the moment, those in control are not choosing for it to be cyclic.

Correct.

None of it is based on reality...its based on what the media wants the 6-8th grade reading level folks to believe.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »
Hell...shot at a cop one day, then your brother the next.
Shouldn't he have gotten life?
I thought Florida laws were togh down there?
In liberal CT...he'd have gotten 7 years.

Bad guy never fired a round.  He walked in, he raised his gun and my brother fired 5 rounds on his way to cover.  3 went into the counter next to the guy, 1 went into his abdonimal, and one went thru the window... zipped past the per's head by a few inches.    the other guy dropped his pill bucket and got the hell outta there.  My bro stuck his piece out the side walkway to meet BG #2 but he was already gone.  

My bro is still all messed up over it.  nightmares, etc.  not a glorious thing, but very good tale for those who say guns are bad.  They had planned to kill both pharmacy guys.