Author Topic: HOW TO TURN PRO - by Tom Prince  (Read 16756 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: HOW TO TURN PRO - by Tom Prince
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »
You're maing a fool of yourself, not knowing either one personally....

I happen to know BOTH personally, and can assure you both are very intelligent. Ronnie may not be articulate, but is a college grad with a degree in accounting and a veteren of the police force in TX.

Tom earned his Masters degree majoring in English Lit, you would be quite surprised of his memory of his courses, shakespeare, etc....just because he made mistakes doesn't mean he's a moron...far from it. Sometimes the smarter one's are their own worst enemies, becuase they believe they can out-think/ out-smart everything...like Milos.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2008, 06:34:58 PM »
I happen to know BOTH personally, and can assure you both are very intelligent.

From your perspective, perhaps so.  From the perspective of an actual intelligent person?  Not so much.  :-\
Ron: "I am lazy."

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2008, 06:42:04 PM »
Actually, my post said nothing about his structure one way or the other.

But now that you mention it, his proportions are all off...  he has this extra-long torso attached to stubby little legs, almost like the odd proportions you see in midgets.   :-\

Tom had several genetic advantages not seem in the majority. He had wide shoulder structure, Pronounce V-Taper, Incredible Leg swept and one of the most develop Hams of all time. But he was not Genetic Gifted  ::)
Again you are the Expert  ::)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2008, 06:43:45 PM »

I happen to know BOTH personally, and can assure you both are very intelligent. Ronnie may not be articulate, but is a college grad with a degree in accounting and a veteren of the police force in TX.

Tom earned his Masters degree majoring in English Lit, you would be quite surprised of his memory of his courses, shakespeare, etc....just because he made mistakes doesn't mean he's a moron...far from it. Sometimes the smarter one's are their own worst enemies, becuase they believe they can out-think/ out-smart everything...like Milos.

Well Bob, let me put this simply for you to understand.....

If you're dumber than those who you associate with (or lets just say these two as an example)....they would come across as being pretty smart to you.

Since when does a college degree automatically merit you intelligence?

I would bet Basile has a degree.

I wouldn't consider myself brilliant or an intelligent human being....

but I am intelligent enough to identify the short bus people that I almost sat next to on the ride to school.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2008, 06:46:53 PM »

From your perspective, perhaps so.  From the perspective of an actual intelligent person?  Not so much.  :-\

Since you are the Expert. Let us Know ....How to turn Pro since you are a Pro yourself  ::) and train and prepare several of them  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
Tom had several genetic advantages not seem in the majority. He had wide shoulder structure, Pronounce V-Taper, Incredible Leg swept and one of the most develop Hams of all time. But he was not Genetic Gifted  ::)
Again you are the Expert  ::)

Please show me where I said either "I am an expert" or "Prince was not genetically gifted"?  I said he had great genetics for responding to steroids and I said his torso to leg ratio was fucked up.  Both statements are true.  Anything else is you putting words into my mouth. Maybe you should take a class in reading comprehension or something, because as it is you suck at it.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »

Since you are the Expert. Let us Know ....How to turn Pro since you are a Pro yourself  ::) and train and prepare several of them  ::)

Seems to me I was talking about intelligence, not offering advice on how to become a pro bodybuilder.  ::)   You really should enroll in that reading comprehension class ASAP.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:15 PM »
Well Bob, let me put this simply for you to understand.....

If you're dumber than those who you associate with (or lets just say these two as an example)....they would come across as being pretty smart to you.

Since when does a college degree automatically merit you intelligence?

I would bet Basile has a degree.

I wouldn't consider myself brilliant or an intelligent human being....

but I am intelligent enough to identify the short bus people that I almost sat next to on the ride to school.

I wouldn't consider you brilliant or intelligent either....you apparently think you can make a call as to assess one's intelligence without knowing them, speaking to them, or spending any time with them...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2008, 06:52:02 PM »
I wouldn't consider you brilliant or intelligent either....you apparently think you can make a call as to assess one's intelligence without knowing them, speaking to them, or spending any time with them...

Character alone speaks VOLUMNES of one's intelligence.

:-\

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »

An easy partial solution is to give them an IQ test or check their SAT scores. That would be a good way to assess their intelligence, since subjective criteria for evaulating intelligence ("I think he = sooo smart") = brutally unreliable.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2008, 06:54:38 PM »

Please show me where I said either "I am an expert" or "Prince was not genetically gifted"?  I said he had great genetics for responding to steroids and I said his torso to leg ratio was fucked up.  Both statements are true.  Anything else is you putting words into my mouth. Maybe you should take a class in reading comprehension or something, because as it is you suck at it.

Well No Pro has perfect Genetics. They posse several genetic advantages to the majority. As Bob has mention his Genetics were not the Greatest but definitely superior to the majority. Your statement ignores that fact. I don't go to a Basketball forum and try to argue with a Professional opinion on how to play the game. Because If I do I better be an Expert....I don't thing your background rewards your opinions

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
Character alone speaks VOLUMNES of one's intelligence.

:-\

do you believe you exhibit good character here on these boards, or in your posts?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »

An easy partial solution is to give them an IQ test or check their SAT scores. That would be a good way to assess their intelligence, since subjective criteria for evaulating intelligence ("I think he = sooo smart") = brutally unreliable.

So do you agree with KNNY and his ability to assess intelligence by merely looking at someone?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2008, 06:57:45 PM »

Those things don't work.  I took one (twice...5 years apart) & scored pretty high.

With most of my education ceasing at the 9th grade level....I have very little faith of whom those tests consider 'smart'.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »
So do you agree with KNNY and his ability to assess intelligence by merely looking at someone?

Observations are one of the best forms of studying an intelligent, or dumb life form like Ronnie...or any animal at the zoo.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2008, 07:02:35 PM »
I hear this is pretty important too

Chick?

that's the most dangerous shit on the market today...that shit will fuck up your body..it will turn you into a 150lb twink
I

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
Those things don't work.  I took one (twice...5 years apart) & scored pretty high.

With most of my education ceasing at the 9th grade level....I have very little faith of whom those tests consider 'smart'.

A whole science of psychomotoric testing disagrees with you. Your opinion of them are worthless, just like you believing 2+3 = 4 does not make it so.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2008, 07:03:31 PM »
He can of course not accurately assess intelligence by "merely looking at someone".

But given what we all know about Tom and Ronnie, making certain assumptions about their brainpower and character can be done, = their intelligence can be somewhat evaluated, but with lack of precision.

And for gods sake, Ronnie seems dumb as hell in the way he speaks, and Tom made fucked up choices. This makes most people THINK they are dumb, because their observeable traits points to them being "el stupido". People don't think a mongo person is as smart as Einstein. Does this reflect reality? It might.

So, do you believe Tom and Ronie are intelligent people?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »
I don't go to a Basketball forum and try to argue with a Professional opinion on how to play the game. Because If I do I better be an Expert....I don't thing your background rewards your opinions

You don't have to be a meteorologist to point out the fact that it's raining.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
do you believe you exhibit good character here on these boards, or in your posts?

Shit....this is the internet.....not the really real world - lol

All kidding aside....it's 70/30....maybe 80/20.  I think we all have our days of just being the dick head behind the monitor.  Seriously though....I guess that can limit's one 'belief' of when I'm serious....or not.

In this case, I'm just saying what I think.

Case in point....Tom doesn't seem to me as one of the smartest bodybuilder's that ever stood on stage.  Frank Zane, although I am not a fan of his, is an intelligent person.  Ronnie Coleman is an example of a person that when one applies himself, can finish and earn a degree.  Doesn't make him smart, but shows he's a hard worker.  Hell, you can see his work ethic it in his weight lifting/body building.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »
Yes taking truckloads of drugs that blow out your kidneys-then posing oiled up in a thong for a largely ghey audience............

that takes some real fuccking expertise.  My gawd, dont try this if you arent a professional  ::)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2008, 07:11:13 PM »
Chick
The Pros
Getbig V

sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

« Reply #101 on: Today at 06:24:21 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom earned his Masters degree majoring in English Lit, you would be quite surprised of his memory of his courses, shakespeare, etc....just because he made mistakes doesn't mean he's a moron...far from it. Sometimes the smarter one's are their own worst enemies, becuase they believe they can out-think/ out-smart everything...like Milos.                                   Chick are you saying Milos is an IDIOT???

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »
A whole science of psychomotoric testing disagrees with you. Your opinion of them are worthless, just like you believing 2+3 = 4 does not make it so.

It does if you subtract 1

;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2008, 07:14:46 PM »
Chick
The Pros
Getbig V

sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

« Reply #101 on: Today at 06:24:21 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom earned his Masters degree majoring in English Lit, you would be quite surprised of his memory of his courses, shakespeare, etc....just because he made mistakes doesn't mean he's a moron...far from it. Sometimes the smarter one's are their own worst enemies, becuase they believe they can out-think/ out-smart everything...like Milos.                                   Chick are you saying Milos is an IDIOT???

Is that what you concluded from reading my post?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »
It would be hard for Debussey to assess. A wikipedia article on Ronnie claims he graduated Summa Cum Laude, which would make him very intelligent in the area of academics. (given that this is true). Without this in mind, they both have college degrees which at least puts them into the average to above average class when it comes to "academic intelligence/logical reasoning".

When it comes to communicative skills/"social intelligence", Ronnie is an idiot, he simply does not have a really great ability to communicate, at least not from what Debussey has seen. He might be different off camera, but in the interviews and movies, he communicates like an idiot. Tom Prince can speak pretty good for himself on the other hand.

Tom Prince has not made intelligent choices regarding his health (neither has Ronnie, he's an IFBB pro).

All in all, both men might have average or above average intelligence when it comes to their inherited and trained brainpower, but both have issues applying their intellect in various areas.

Debusseys conclusion: They both have average intelligence.

Talking in third person makes you come across as an idiot

Good thing you have your charm

;D