Author Topic: Kicked in the Groin  (Read 3710 times)

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
Kicked in the Groin
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »

last august I was kickboxing and caught a heel right to the pubis (the boney protrusion just about the twig and berries)

at the time I though myself lucky to have avoided such a crushing blow to the boys down stairs but when I woke up the next morning I couldn't even sit up to get out of bed, I had to roll to my stomach and push up to my hands and knees to get up.

it was excruciating at the point of the impact whenever I would engage my abs or try to draw my hip into flexion on that side

after a little over a week the pain died down to a tolerable but constant level but nearly and year later it still isn't gone!!

a butterfly stretch is still uncomfortable and if I do that stretch it seems to aggravate the injury and then I have pain when jumping squatting or lunging that I don't have if I don't do that stretch.

Any Ideas of how to get rid of that lingering injury??

stretching, strengthening, massage, electro stim, ultra sound???

thanks for letting me pick your brains,

Ben

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Kicked in the Groin
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:24:49 PM »
have you seen a doc????

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 07:47:45 PM »
I told my GP about it at my last physical and he palpated it and said that he didn't feel anything out of the ordinary

I haven't been to a physical therapist or anything

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:24:41 PM »
Tell me something..  Where EXACTLY is the pain?  does the Pain travel anywhere?

You should probably go get X-rays to rule out any hairline fracture...   An injury square in the pubic symphysis could also be a sprain, residual soft tissue damage that hasn't healed.  You might even have some Sacroiliac or Hip joint stuff...  need more info.

Call the D.C.

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
The pain is right on that boney ridge on the left side just above and beside the base of my dick

sometimes after it gets irritated from training I"ll wake up the next morning and my adductors will be sore high in my groin and sometime even down to the inside and back of my knee.

even if I push on it right now it feels like a light bruise. it shouldn't be like that after nine months

my general practitioner didn't find anything during my physical, who is my next option to go to??

eho

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »
how extensive of an exam will a GP do?  I'm not against MDs but sometimes they just don't have the time to do a thorough exam, nor do they know lots of orthopedic tests.   

You should see a chiropractor.  We're trained in diagnosing these kinds of things because we take a thorough history of the complaint, and do a thorough physical exam... What city are you in?  I might be able to find one for you.    The pain, if not the local region, might be coming from the hip capsule, or from the back like SI's.. 

The pain is right on that boney ridge on the left side just above and beside the base of my dick

sometimes after it gets irritated from training I"ll wake up the next morning and my abductors will be sore high in my groin and sometime even down to the inside and back of my knee.

even if I push on it right now it feels like a light bruise. it shouldn't be like that after nine months

my general practitioner didn't find anything during my physical, who is my next option to go to??

eho

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »
by the way, are you having any problems urinating or with BM's?

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 08:24:58 AM »
I'm an expert on being kicked in the groin...........I've been married 3 times :P

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 08:28:46 AM »
I know what you mean. I grew up with a doctor that was my dads best friend in highschool so i always had great care. Now I go to the GP that my insurance company referred me to and I feel like I'm at jiffy lube getting my car serviced, get you in and out as fast as they can.

I'm in Huntington Beach CA

The pain is definitely localized to the point of impact and to the tendons on the left side of my groin

No, no problems using the rest room

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »
I'm in Huntington Beach CA

The pain is definitely localized to the point of impact and to the tendons on the left side of my groin

No, no problems using the rest room

So am I.........what gym are you at?