Author Topic: What's the best state for divorce/child support?  (Read 3676 times)

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
Re: What's the best state for divorce/child support?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 07:59:56 AM »
There is nothing wrong being nice to a girl and treating her like a queen.  However, respect must be EARNED.

Look, follow this man's advice as closely as you can.

http://www.tenetsofleykis.com/

I sometimes think he is over the top but then sometimes I think he has it all figured out.  If this doesn't help you, nothing can. :D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 09:10:11 AM »

Had an uncontested dissolution the first time around, gave her full custody and voluntary support that exceeded the state guidelines, so she was happy. 

Now, though, even with a pre-nup that should protect me against unreasonable spousal support, I would be completely screwed by any CA child support order.  I know that a person can file for divorce in the state of legal residence regardless of where the marriage took place, but if I were to marry someplace else, at least I could argue possible jurisdiction for that state over CA. 

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »
Had an uncontested dissolution the first time around, gave her full custody and voluntary support that exceeded the state guidelines, so she was happy. 

Now, though, even with a pre-nup that should protect me against unreasonable spousal support, I would be completely screwed by any CA child support order.  I know that a person can file for divorce in the state of legal residence regardless of where the marriage took place, but if I were to marry someplace else, at least I could argue possible jurisdiction for that state over CA. 

Are you talking about the marriage or child support? If the child were born here (in Cali) you cannot go to another state and contest even if you were married in another state.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »

I don't anticipate any problems with spousal support, but the child support is completely income-dependent.  The more I earn, the more the mom gets...supposedly for my child, of course.

One possible option is to give her a lifetime lease on the house and then I might have to pay only a moderate amount. 

The Coach

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »
I don't anticipate any problems with spousal support, but the child support is completely income-dependent.  The more I earn, the more the mom gets...supposedly for my child, of course.

One possible option is to give her a lifetime lease on the house and then I might have to pay only a moderate amount. 

Once the support is set, the only way for her to get more is for her to take you back to court with an OSC for more support. If she doesn't do within (if I remember correctly) 2 years, your good and the support is final.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 09:59:43 AM »
Marriage is not a game, you all should think about it before the next step. In the end, the kids suffer, nobody else.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 10:00:26 AM »
Now you understand why women are so eager to get married and men aren't. 

Has very little to do with commitment on the man's part.  What woman would get married if the same divorce rules applied to her?- lose your child, pay the man you hate not only for the child but extra money so he can live a nice life on your behalf, still have to pay even if he admits to the judge he cheated multiple times, usually give your house up to the man you divorce, etc., etc.

Only a fool would marry a woman from the USA.  Women in general have ZERO respect for a man and only see him as some emotionless, provider who pays if things do not work out.  For example, if you get really upset about something most women do not empathize with a guy.  They think "Wow, get over it!  You are a guy, therefore, you do not feel the same emotions I do".  We are talking twisted, twisted shit here guys.

Remember, most women are growing up without a father nowadays too so they do NOT know how to keep a man happy.  They enter the marriage thinking in some messed up way that you are a man but you had better act and treat her like another woman would.  We have 40 year old married women running around in high heels with the latest BeBe shirt on looking like some slut and they actually believe we are to think she is HOT yet still respect her like she is a good girl (which none of them are anymore :)).

Sorry, but I am not going to start actomg like a girl in this over feminized society so I can bang over the hill, 40+ women who have kids with some other dude.  Maybe I am far from perfect, but the last thing I am doing is raising another man's baby.  Especially some half black thing. :)

So don't get married.  Just treat them like the big sluts they are. Of course, there are exceptions and someone has to win the lotto and get a great woman.  99% are not this way and 99% of people do not win the lotto no matter how much they play.  :)

This is a masterpiece.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
i've seen people spend so much money on court battles, and end up with the same thing they should have agreed upon at the kitchen table the minute they decided they weren't right for each other.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 10:04:03 AM »
i've seen people spend so much money on court battles, and end up with the same thing they should have agreed upon at the kitchen table the minute they decided they weren't right for each other.

Thats so true man

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 10:05:04 AM »

I spent almost a $100g's over 4 years just for custody. But it ws well worth it and would do it again if necessary.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:24 AM »
I spent almost a $100g's over 4 years just for custody. But it ws well worth it and would do it again if necessary.

you're on wife #3 now, correct?  you're an expert at this whole divorce thing.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 10:08:41 AM »
I spent almost a $100g's over 4 years just for custody. But it ws well worth it and would do it bribe again if necessary.

j/k

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »
you're on wife #3 now, correct?  you're an expert at this whole divorce thing.

The first 2 were a piece of cake, no kids involved and the asset split was a non-issue. I have one son with my last wife and she's a lunitic.

Moosejay

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 10:10:20 AM »
My divorce atty friend saidthe only 'smart' divorce he ever saw was this:

Rich Turkish guy said "Give her whatever she wants..."

ATTy: "What do you mean,....we gotta fight for you..."

RTG: "No....if I fioght...my 2 milliobn will ALL go to the attys, andI will be left with a chair..."

Very wise

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2008, 10:10:31 AM »
The first 2 were a piece of cake, no kids involved and the asset split was a non-issue. I have one son with my last wife and she's a lunitic.

so you're on your FOURTH wife now?

The Coach

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

j/k

Ha...if I would have bribed the judge it would have taken alot less than 4 years ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »
how is the Pegster?

The Coach

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 10:13:23 AM »
how is the Pegster?

She's calmed down a little but still a pathalogical lier.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »
wow... 4 wives... and you're only 40 years old?

i'm never getting married, damn.

Moosejay

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 10:15:12 AM »
Me neither...not with all these fine lookin nurses here!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
Me neither...not with all these fine lookin nurses here!

Moosejay

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 10:18:38 AM »
ha!

mass 04

• Getbig V

The Coach

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
wow... 4 wives... and you're only 40 years old?

i'm never getting married, damn.

#1 was gay and didn't tell me we were together for 11 years total, we met when I was 17 and she was 14 and was married at 23 she was 20.

#2 caught her red handed with another man after 9 months

# 3 A complete violent bi-polar lunitic

#4 Perfect

There ya have it.........flame on. Oh, I'll be 46 in Aug.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 02:26:07 PM »
Why do you divorced motherfuckers keep getting married, dont you realise after the 2nd divorce this marriage shit is not meant for you..Its like being lactose intolerant and you keep drinking milk, your gonna have problems.