Author Topic: New pics of Brewer Guest posing  (Read 11412 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: New pics of Brewer Guest posing
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2008, 09:03:19 AM »
The one amateur dude is not good. Big, yes. Good? No. Too many flaws. And I know he's not in peak condition. But where is the beauty in his physique? It's a mess.

Ronnie's wheels are, like gone.

Cormier's right triceps is history. Cat needs to pack it in. No offence. 

lifterguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2008, 10:25:16 AM »
I've been to the Pittsburgh NPC show (although it's been a few years), and it's as much of a bloated mess as the guest posers.  Mannion has pretty much given up trying to get anyone from the general public to attend the shows - there's almost no publicity, I didn't even see any posters at area gyms.  So the strategy seems to be to create as many competition categories as possible, and then make money off the entry fees and tickets sold to friends and relatives of the competitors (who feel obligated to go.)  The evening show includes Women's bodybuilding, fitness, figure, and Men's bodybuilding in categories including teen, open, closed, novice, masters over 35, masters over 45, masters over 55, etc.  He usually adds in some "entertainment" or "demonstration" segments, such as kid's gymnastics, and of course there are the dozen or so guest posers.  The whole extravaganza starts around 6pm and the winner of the men's open category isn't announced until about 11:30 or midnight.  If anyone has any question about why Joe Public would never go to a bodybuilding show, this evening of tedious boredom would explain it.  Mannion seems to think it's a big deal that he can coerce so many bodybuilding "stars" into appearing at his little show, but the fact is that no one in Pittsburgh really gives a damn.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2008, 10:34:36 AM »
you think his body fat % is 25 % in that picture? are you mentally retarded?

I agree with you Cand I think his back and glutes are weak but hamstrings will come later remember he is  twelve weeks out

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2008, 10:38:21 AM »
Trey definetly look longer than 8 weeks out, however he seems to have tightened up that shar-pei skin he had from a few weeks ago.  Who knows maybe he pulls it off?  There cant be any argument that he is definetly a big mofo.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »
He`ll never make it.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2008, 11:32:20 AM »
I've been to the Pittsburgh NPC show (although it's been a few years), and it's as much of a bloated mess as the guest posers.  Mannion has pretty much given up trying to get anyone from the general public to attend the shows - there's almost no publicity, I didn't even see any posters at area gyms.  So the strategy seems to be to create as many competition categories as possible, and then make money off the entry fees and tickets sold to friends and relatives of the competitors (who feel obligated to go.)  The evening show includes Women's bodybuilding, fitness, figure, and Men's bodybuilding in categories including teen, open, closed, novice, masters over 35, masters over 45, masters over 55, etc.  He usually adds in some "entertainment" or "demonstration" segments, such as kid's gymnastics, and of course there are the dozen or so guest posers.  The whole extravaganza starts around 6pm and the winner of the men's open category isn't announced until about 11:30 or midnight.  If anyone has any question about why Joe Public would never go to a bodybuilding show, this evening of tedious boredom would explain it.  Mannion seems to think it's a big deal that he can coerce so many bodybuilding "stars" into appearing at his little show, but the fact is that no one in Pittsburgh really gives a damn.
Thanks for the info.

Manion lines his pockets from the IFBB and NPC so why should he give a shit whether anyone outside of the bodybuilding world watches his long, boring ass show filled with out of shape pros? The Weiders never wanted true mainstream appeal for bodybuilding either. Keep it small and under the radar and get rich with little scrutiny or accountability. 
!

body88

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »
4.5 forty, aaaahahahahahahah!!!!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »

I'm not to sure I got my point across that well....yea I know they have low body fat and tons of water retention on them but regardless the normal public would just see them as fat. Even with visible obliques and abs it still doesn't mean the "lol looking like poop" factor isn't there. Plain and simple, I believe bodybuilders year round should look like GODS compared to the normal public. No, not contest condition, but a caliber of physique that makes people turn heads in a positive way.

Well yes and no, they still look awesome even if someone doesnt know they carry water. Maybe a few of them take the water retantion a little too far but most still look great. These pics hardly do them justice.

Further more, if they wont have a good off season they will probably come back the next year not that much improved.
Not to mention they want to eat and relax too, I'm sure an Olympic sprinter doesnt run his fastest in ANY occasion he need to walk alittle faster than usuall.

Besides, the general public will probably like them like if they are ripped, most are disgusted by ripped bodybuilders anyway.