Author Topic: I gained 6 pounds in one week  (Read 13215 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: I gained 6 pounds in one week
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »
197lbs if he's 6' 5" maybe.  ::)

He's 6'6"

He must have bought Manute Bol's old house.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2008, 02:37:24 PM »
He's 6'6"

He must have bought Manute Bol's old house.

2006: 190+ in your face

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
2006: 190+ in your face

neither 190+ nor natural there

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2008, 02:55:57 PM »
neither 190+ nor natural there

You = full of bs.

Ps: Donald Lawrence will still sue you ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »
he's not on steroids.

Very true and a very good point! (but these results are not unreasonable, taking into account my finacial matters it was more about hard work and Larry's help rather than steroids and GH)

hard work can overcome most anything! (even "shity genetics")

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »
Very true and a very good point! (but these results are not unreasonable, taking into account my finacial matters it was more about hard work and Larry's help rather than steroids and GH)

hard work can overcome most anything! (even "shity genetics")

I disagree that hard work can overcome  "shitty genetics". 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2008, 03:08:53 PM »
I disagree that hard work can overcome  "shitty genetics". 

you kno what i mean..................im never gunna be "great", but im a lot better than i was (ever thought i could be!)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
you kno what i mean..................im never gunna be "great", but im a lot better than i was (ever thought i could be!)

My point is the goal of 200lbs ripped naturally is unattainable at a less than tall height.  Trying will only get someone fat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
i don't care about ever getting into 8% much less 5% contest shape.  I don't worry if I look like a bodybuilder.  I'd be happy looking like a 5'10", 200 pound guy at 12% bf.  

body88

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2008, 03:16:25 PM »

Mike let me start by saying I think you look great. You also have to remember that you are well over six feet, correct? Six two if I am not mistaken.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »
You = full of bs.

Ps: Donald Lawrence will still sue you ;D

You're right, I'm converted

240 you are not making the gains you crave because you need to work harder on your nutrition.  you should be consuming more healthy foods and getting in more meals.  Take in a lot of protein powder, and stack it with a quality weight gainer also start a loading cycle with creatine to reactiviate your gains.  If you're gaining ONLY 6 lbs a week it's likely that you're not maxing out your lean mass acquisition..

Lets get serious I want to see you start a training log detailing your work outs and nutrition.  Considering that you are a hard-gainer with a high metabolism you're going to need at least 6000 Cals per day for maintenance. so for gains go for 7500.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2008, 03:21:41 PM »
You're right, I'm converted

240 you are not making the gains you crave because you need to work harder on your nutrition.  you should be consuming more healthy foods and getting in more meals.  Take in a lot of protein powder, and stack it with a quality weight gainer also start a loading cycle with creatine to reactiviate your gains.  If you're gaining ONLY 6 lbs a week it's likely that you're not maxing out your lean mass acquisition..

Lets get serious I want to see you start a training log detailing your work outs and nutrition.  Considering that you are a hard-gainer with a high metabolism you're going to need at least 6000 Cals per day for maintenance. so for gains go for 7500.

Hopefully you understood that Debussey was refering to your comments about Laynes weight and natural status.

Only a fool would eat 6000 calories daily, especially if natural. Naturals should never bulk and get fat.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »
Hopefully you understood that Debussey was refering to your comments about Laynes weight and natural status.

Only a fool would eat 6000 calories daily, especially if natural. Naturals should never bulk and get fat.

Brother, you obviously don't understand what it takes to get Huge.  I am Animal Pak.

body88

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2008, 03:25:54 PM »
Some shit brick had me buying into the 5000 cals per day crap when I was in college. Total waste of money / kidney function.

Eat enough food to grow, and train your balls off. Don't eat to many calories and become a natty perma bulker.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2008, 03:26:10 PM »
as long as your diet consists of 90% rice and you get 100 grams of protein every 2 hours you cannot gain fat and you will gain 6lbs of muscle just like 240 did.  :P

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2008, 03:27:06 PM »
Brother, you obviously don't understand what it takes to get Huge.  I am Animal Pak.

Are you suggesting that Debussey should take creatine, dumzumDamine, 19-85-ketoDuraboNorandrolin from Labrada, BCockCa, Penisine, Proteine, InsuguggulSterolin and eat 7000 calories daily from rice and tuna to get hooge?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2008, 03:28:51 PM »
Rice is made from magical powder.  The magic pixie dust prevents it from being turned into glucose.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »
as long as your diet consists of 90% rice and you get 100 grams of protein every 2 hours you cannot gain fat and you will gain 6lbs of muscle just like 240 did.  :P

LOL... I admitted most was probably water or filling out my glyco stores.

I only get 200 grams of protein per day.  I eat a lot of fat - PB, fish oil, and beef.  

Supps... I take fish oil for the EFAs.  I sometimes replace a meal protein with 2 scoops of when when I'm too lazy to cook and there aren't leftovers.   Multivitamin.  And adding zinc/magnesium.

body88

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2008, 03:39:04 PM »
LOL... I admitted most was probably water or filling out my glyco stores.

I only get 200 grams of protein per day.  I eat a lot of fat - PB, fish oil, and beef.  

Supps... I take fish oil for the EFAs.  I sometimes replace a meal protein with 2 scoops of when when I'm too lazy to cook and there aren't leftovers.   Multivitamin.  And adding zinc/magnesium.

200 grams of protein is perfect at 179 lbs. You only need to support your lean mass ( which is about 160 lbs). Eat enough to grow, don't eat to much. Honestly, its a waste of time and kidney function. You are only going to take in so many calories ( as a natural) until you start storing body fat. It's what the body does by design homey.

BB is not as complicated as people want you to believe. Train your dick off, get the correct ratio of carbs, fats and protein ( for your body), take a multi, use protein powder, take creatine, take aminos and drink a ton of water. Rinse - repeat x years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
200 grams of protein is perfect at 179 lbs. You only need to support your lean mass ( which is about 160 lbs). Eat enough to grow, don't eat to much. Honestly, its a waste of time and kidney function. You are only going to take in so many calories ( as a natural) until you start storing body fat. It's what the body does by design homey.

BB is not as complicated as people want you to believe. Train your dick off, get the correct ratio of carbs, fats and protein ( for your body), take a multi, use protein powder and drink a ton of water. Rinse - repeat x years.

thanks man.  Yeah, I'm doing the layne diet he wrote out for me.  Only change is adding the carbs and cutting caffeine.  I don't understand the heat I'm catching on this.  Last time, yeah, I was gaining a pound a day by eating fast food and telling the boards how smart I was for it.  I promptly got fat.  This week, I gained weight after not gaining weight for a long time, and most of it was probably ending the massive dehydration I had been in for a long time.  I was averaging a 2-lier of diet dr pepper plus two yellow caff pills each day.  Suddenly I am doing zero (maybe a few sips of diet soda every few hours when withdrawl headache came).  It's a major difference. 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2008, 03:46:33 PM »
thanks man.  Yeah, I'm doing the layne diet he wrote out for me.  Only change is adding the carbs and cutting caffeine.  I don't understand the heat I'm catching on this.  Last time, yeah, I was gaining a pound a day by eating fast food and telling the boards how smart I was for it.  I promptly got fat.  This week, I gained weight after not gaining weight for a long time, and most of it was probably ending the massive dehydration I had been in for a long time.  I was averaging a 2-lier of diet dr pepper plus two yellow caff pills each day.  Suddenly I am doing zero (maybe a few sips of diet soda every few hours when withdrawl headache came).  It's a major difference. 

Ask Layne to help you out with the bulking. His 4-6 week bulk -> 2-3 week fatburning diet might be just what you need.

body88

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2008, 03:51:32 PM »

Well, Layne look great so listen to what he has to say. Imo, I think you are over  thinking this. If you bite the bullet and get very lean, on the way down you keep track of how many calories it took you to weigh a certain weight, then you go back up slowly with the correct ratios ( giving your body time to gain mass) you should be happy.

Layne has better genetics than people give him credit for ( for mass ). He also has a much thicker structure than you, sop his results will not be accurate for you IMO.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »
eat more protein ! protein is key

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »
Mike let me start by saying I think you look great. You also have to remember that you are well over six feet, correct? Six two if I am not mistaken.

yea I'm just about 6 ft 2"................i understand your point
i just think Rob could look a lot better if he just dieted hard/harder and trained correctly,it's not about waxy maize or any other "secret" or supplement (or even steroids or GH)..........just hard consistent training and dieting day in and day out

Larry taught me discipline (he was in the military i believe Marine?).....i too thought it was some secret exotic steroid i didn't have or GH or something! ......i got laughed at and told "get your fat ass on the treadmill!"
don't eat for taste eat for "fuel",eat every 2 -3 hours(high protein.low carbs,low fat)
cardio first thing in the AM on an empty stomach,then at night after all meals were consumed
write every meal down (and tally up the protein,carbs etc to hit that days exact number),and if im not seeing results play around (usually that meant lower) the carbs.......,make up for my lack of money with hard work!(you got to train harder and diet harder than anyone else!)
that about sums up for me how to "get in shape"...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »

BB is not as complicated as people want you to believe. Train your dick off, get the correct ratio of carbs, fats and protein ( for your body), take a multi, use protein powder, take creatine, take aminos and drink a ton of water. Rinse - repeat x years.
This is the part that most people don't get. Oh sure, they think they're training hard but they're always surprised in hindsight that they could have trained harder. Especially legs. That is the key bodypart for guys as they get older. I'd stake my life on it.  :P