Author Topic: Jogging after leg workout  (Read 3852 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Jogging after leg workout
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 06:12:43 PM »
Some type of cardio before legs is a nice way to warmup the joints; after is ya, hard to imagine if the legs have been worked hard.

Good point - after about 20 mins the knees feel ready to go.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 06:20:53 PM »
what do you guys think about doign sprint/walk/srpint/walk on a 15 degree incline on te treadmill before doing legs ?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 04:04:01 AM »
Are you serious Candi?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 04:12:48 AM »
what do you guys think about doign sprint/walk/srpint/walk on a 15 degree incline on te treadmill before doing legs ?

I don't see the point. Just warm up on the treadmill/stationary bike then do some light warm up sets.
No doubt about it...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »
Are you serious Candi?
yeah.

i hate to do high intensity cardio...   i never do it ! i never run at all. never do anything like that.   but i hear abotu how great it if for fat lloss....    right now im taking a few more weeks to strip off some fat...      so i wonder if that would be a good idea ? i tried to jog on that 15 degree incline and it was entirely quad work..

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »

Ya know, "warmups" for any bodypart, at least to the degree you're talking about here, are overrated.  Don't underestimate your body's potential to adapt, and very quickly within a workout, to new levels of stress put on it.  The key is to find the right balance so that you don't "pre-exhaust" your legs and thus sap some strength from them that could be better applied to adding another rep to your top set.  Same goes for actual warmups.  Don't rep the hell out of your legs before you even get to your top set, but on the other hand don't jump straight to your top set after doing 2 measely warm up reps.  There's a balance to be found, and only you know what that is for your body.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 09:33:53 AM »
panda im sking because i want to use hit cardio and this is the only way i can think of where its not muscle wasting and doesnt interfere with recovery ... i just want to get some opinions on how it will effect my quad development.... right now im growing as i cut and i wonder if this will hinder or help that ?

hrotccadet

• Getbig I
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
What I do is run in the morning then go to school, eat then go back later to lift weights. I like to break it up

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 09:37:58 AM »
What I do is run in the morning then go to school, eat then go back later to lift weights. I like to break it up
see to me, i dont like that much.  for one, if your doing it on days when your not working out legs...i think your interfering with your leg recovery and hinderingg growth by running all the time. and if you are only doing it on leg day...well i think your probably over training to soem extent; but that is pretty much my question... if its okay to do duing leg workout...

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 09:39:14 AM »
panda im sking because i want to use hit cardio and this is the only way i can think of where its not muscle wasting and doesnt interfere with recovery ... i just want to get some opinions on how it will effect my quad development.... right now im growing as i cut and i wonder if this will hinder or help that ?

Forget this "muscle-wasting" bullshit.  Unless you're planning to run a 10K marathon after your squat workout, you aren't going to lose any muscle (and even then you wouldn't, as long as you get enough calories).  The key is just to get adequate nutrition to your muscles at some point within a reasonable amount of time of your workout.  You don't need to down 1000 calories worth of protein within 30 minutes of your workout, either, to keep you from losing all the gains you'd potentially make during that previous workout.

Listen, here's the deal.  Don't get so "scientific" or even squeamish about things.  The body is a tough, tough machine and can withstand a lot.  Give it some credit.  The best gains are made when you are 100% focussed on getting stronger and being able to lift increasingly heavier weights for a decent amount of reps, and pushing yourself so hard that you think you're going to die--each and every workout.  Eat like a horse.  Get plenty of sleep.  That's the basic formula.  Trainees make things way more complicated than they should be.