Author Topic: The #1 Problem With Bodybuilding???  (Read 3468 times)

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: The #1 Problem With Bodybuilding???
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 04:10:11 PM »
Hapiness is only for smart people, and you ain't one that's for sure, thus you will only make your life and the life of those who know you more and more miserable until your dying day.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »
While you can certainly blame the drugs, the real reason that bodybuilding has never caught on as a sport is the inherent lack of conflict. Guys posing on stage just can't compete with football, boxing, basketball or mma.
But most of those athletes you mentioned, want to look like bodybuilders, and some really hit the iron... :-X
S

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
Hapiness is only for smart people, and you ain't one that's for sure, thus you will only make your life and the life of those who know you more and more miserable until your dying day.
I never said I wasn't happy. I am happy all the time, but Happiness comes to everybody everyday, to put effort into being happy makes no sense. Think about it, big accomplishments comes from hard work and sacrafices. Without pain there is no growth. If you art smart you will realize what I am saying. No one I know considers me miserable. However Anybody that calls someone a moron is more of a sign that they themselves are in fact miserable. Happy people don`t call people names or tell people that they are stupid; hence you are not happy. >:( :( :'(

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 07:08:04 PM »
Yes Chem.

Arnold would be the antithesis of sloppiness, if anything. The bloated, distended gut look and labored breathing of today's guys would be utterly repugnent for Arnold to consider for himself. It was always said that Arnold was very neat, clean, dressed carefully, and was always bent on his presentation and to be able to impress whoever he may run into.

Walking around at 330 with a filthy water jug and dressed like a pinata and eating all day from a plastic container...no, I could never see him at that
You're right Moose. It seems a lot of these guys are clones of each other. Dressing the same, grunting the same lame cliches. eating out of stupid little plastic containers with that blank stare of total self absorbtion, muttering in a monotone. Gone is the individuality, where not only was every physique recognizable from a silhouette, but the personas varied equally. None of these guys have the charisma to be a movie star, or even represent themselves well on a talk show. Arnold, although I know his true disregard and contempt for anyone that couldn't help advance his agenda, was still light years ahead of any of the current crop in terms of intellect, vision, motivation, and yes..I liked his physique better as well.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
do you guys think that the guys today with distended abdomens actually WANTED their abs to look like that? did they INTEND for that to happen. NO.    arnold would never want that to happen either. but if arnold had access to gh and slin, he would take the risk because he is a bodybuilder and bodybuilders will never be satisfied with their physiques.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »
do you guys think that the guys today with distended abdomens actually WANTED their abs to look like that? did they INTEND for that to happen. NO.    arnold would never want that to happen either. but if arnold had access to gh and slin, he would take the risk because he is a bodybuilder and bodybuilders will never be satisfied with their physiques.
Around 1973, Arnold wrote an article in one of Weider's magazine's where he stated that he could easily put on another 20 pounds or so of muscle, but that he felt he had attained the maximum size his frame should carry without losing the shape and refinements he wanted. Arnold got to a certain size and decided that was as big as he wanted to get. Candizzle, you keep grouping Arnold in with the rest of these guys. His vision always included eventually going beyond bodybuilding into stardom and he would never have taken the insane health risks today's guys do. .Becoming a grotesque freak isn't always the goal of every bodybuilder, especially an intelligent one.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
i think its foolish to believe arnold when he says he could have easily put on another 20 lbs.

but you have a very good point there about what his REAL aspirations were...  cuz that is a big factor