Author Topic: IQ By Country... Is this accurate?  (Read 24612 times)

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: IQ By Country... Is this accurate?
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2008, 11:38:23 PM »

Africans would be immigrants (one country to another).  Mexicans are migrates (one region to another).  It's not like the US and Mexico arent connected. This is getting old.  Users trying to prove they know more...just the like the old fart in that article.  His prize isnt worth anything to me...given this is all he can come up with.  I'm sure some Germans still think they are superior to Jews.

That's the great thing about empirical research. Ashkenazi jews (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi) are on IQ tests the highest scoring ethnical group of all that have been measured.

Thus, they are smarter than germans  :).

CD

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2008, 11:51:06 PM »
Interesting.  Then...I guess I'm living a dream since I'll have my MBA/Ph.D (Phar Science) completed in the next 2-3 yrs and I'm black.  For some reason I remember all my past genetics professors saying this kind of datum is all cramp.  Any man in science with an agenda (Bell Curve) came up with the his own numbers...given it isnt exact.  Getdumb keyboard superstars know it all.
academics, and usually out perform the hometowns including whites.  Sometimes environment and access play a greater role. 

IQ-differences between blacks and whites are averages in large groups. Thus, it is not that relevant for you as an individual.

Most people who complete a Phd have at least 115+ in IQ, and that represents +2 standard deviations for the black population in the US (given an average of 85 and SD of 15). This means that at least 2% of the blacks in the US should be able to get a Phd (given that the 115+ requirement holds).

The IQ-gap becomes more interesting as we move upwards on the IQ-scale. 2% of whites attain an IQ score of 130+, but only 0.13% of the blacks (again assuming a mean of 85 and SD of 15). For an IQ of 145, the proportion of whites is 0.13% and for blacks 0.00317%.

This may help explain why blacks struggle to reach the highest levels of academical achievement, rarely becoming internationally known scientists. The group difference in IQ becomes more and more important at the extreme ends of the distribution.

CD

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2008, 12:03:41 AM »
IQ-differences between blacks and whites are averages in large groups. Thus, it is not that relevant for you as an individual.

Most people who complete a Phd have at least 115+ in IQ, and that represents +2 standard deviations for the black population in the US (given an average of 85 and SD of 15). This means that at least 2% of the blacks in the US should be able to get a Phd (given that the 115+ requirement holds).

The IQ-gap becomes more interesting as we move upwards on the IQ-scale. 2% of whites attain an IQ score of 130+, but only 0.13% of the blacks (again assuming a mean of 85 and SD of 15). For an IQ of 145, the proportion of whites is 0.13% and for blacks 0.00317%.

This may help explain why blacks struggle to reach the highest levels of academical achievement, seldomly becoming internationally known scientists. The group difference in IQ becomes more and more important at the extreme ends of the distribution.

CD

Actually, the number of internationally known scientists by race, while interesting, really isn't all that important.  Here's the more relevant issue that people encounter on a daily basis:   85 is pretty goddamn dumb.  While 15.75% of the white population is below this level, fully half of the black population is.  At 60 and below, which is downright retarded, you'll find only 2% of the white population, but 15.75% of blacks.
Ron: "I am lazy."

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »

Actually, the number of internationally known scientists by race, while interesting, really isn't all that inportant.  Here's the more relevant issue that people encounter on a daily basis:   85 is pretty goddamn dumb.  While 15.75% of the white population is below this level, fully half of the black population is.  At 60 and below, which is downright retarded, you'll find only 2% of the white population, but 15.75% of blacks.

The IQ-distribution is not completely symmetrical. There is a "bump" on the lower end, probably due to various pathological conditions. But what you describe is real enough and may help explain some of the problems the blacks are struggling with. Unfortunately, this explanation is great social taboo.

CD

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2008, 02:30:13 AM »
Yawn. 
Oh...Monica!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2008, 04:23:52 AM »

Africans would be immigrants (one country to another).  Mexicans are migrates (one region to another).  It's not like the US and Mexico arent connected. This is getting old.  Users trying to prove they know more...just the like the old fart in that article.  His prize isnt worth anything to me...given this is all he can come up with.  I'm sure some Germans still think they are superior to Jews.

Actually, all people who move are migrants. They can then be broken down into immigrants, emigrants and further into groups like emigres, refugees, those seeking labour, etc.

/pedantic, i know, but i have an ma gathering dust to prove it.  ;)

Moosejay

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2008, 04:38:51 AM »

Actually, the number of internationally known scientists by race, while interesting, really isn't all that important.  Here's the more relevant issue that people encounter on a daily basis:   85 is pretty goddamn dumb.  While 15.75% of the white population is below this level, fully half of the black population is.  At 60 and below, which is downright retarded, you'll find only 2% of the white population, but 15.75% of blacks.

Is there a correlation to the fact that african Americans constitute only 12% of the US population?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2008, 05:08:51 AM »
I'm sure some Germans still think they are superior to Jews.

I haven't researched Nazism but did they really think they were superior to Jews due to higher IQ?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2008, 05:12:28 AM »
I haven't researched Nazism but did they really think they were superior to Jews due to higher IQ?
Good question. Would probably depend on which side of the propaganda you were on -ie. those creating it, or those it targeted. Aryanism was just some pan-Germanic romantic ideal that a few of the inner cadre had, right? No solid basis in reality.  :-\

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2008, 05:26:38 AM »
Good question. Would probably depend on which side of the propaganda you were on -ie. those creating it, or those it targeted. Aryanism was just some pan-Germanic romantic ideal that a few of the inner cadre had, right? No solid basis in reality.  :-\

From the little I've read Nazis and Neo-Nazis think Jews are smart but damage society - their ideal of society. I mean how could they execute the plan in the "Protocols" if they were stupid?
There were some proponents of biological racism while others believed in spiritual racism.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:05 AM »
I doubt it.  They have china tracked at over 100... when you consider that the majority of those 1.5 billion are still crapping out their windows, it seems hard to believe they have us all beat in IQ

What's your source on that?

And what's your source that they're 1.5 billion? ???
As empty as paradise

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2008, 06:30:49 AM »
What's your source on that?

He was mistaken...  actually it is the Swedish who crap out their windows.  But for them, it isn't due to poverty, it's some bizarre national fetish.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2008, 06:59:22 AM »
From the little I've read Nazis and Neo-Nazis think Jews are smart but damage society - their ideal of society. I mean how could they execute the plan in the "Protocols" if they were stupid?
There were some proponents of biological racism while others believed in spiritual racism.
This is what I always find amusing: The leading Nazis - Goring, Himmler, Hitler, Goebbels - what a bunch of physically inferior specimens!  :D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2008, 07:03:37 AM »
This is what I always find amusing: The leading Nazis - Goring, Himmler, Hitler, Goebbels - what a bunch of physically inferior specimens!  :D

At least, the top Nazis had IQs between 124 and 148, thus, they were intellectually superior to the common man/jew  :D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:56 AM »

At least, the top Nazis had IQs between 124 and 148, thus, they were intellectually superior to the common man/jew  :D

Too bad they were fat druggies with poor judgement. lol

When I saw Schindler's List I thought every Nazi was like the Amon Geoth character.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2008, 07:25:42 AM »

Haha. I read Speer's book and he noted that when first captured/rounded up by the Allies, they were administered and IQ test and they 'crammed' and studied trying to outdo each other, like teenagers.  :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2008, 07:39:56 AM »
Too bad they were fat druggies with poor judgement. lol

When I saw Schindler's List I thought every Nazi was like the Amon Geoth character.
No, the prototype Nazi was Reinhard Heydrich, an SS officer, and one of the architects of the Final Solution: tall, blue-eyed, blond - like Marlon Brando in The Young Lions. When he was assassinated, Himmler went berserk and exterminated a huge swath of people as revenge.   :-\

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »
No, the prototype Nazi was Reinhard Heydrich, an SS officer, and one of the architects of the Final Solution: tall, blue-eyed, blond - like Marlon Brando in The Young Lions. When he was assassinated, Himmler went berserk and exterminated a huge swath of people as revenge.   :-\

You actually read up on that stuff?  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2008, 07:44:51 AM »
You actually read up on that stuff?  ;D
No, that was pulled from memory. It's amazing the amount of junk I have stored up there!   :-\

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2008, 08:33:47 AM »
'

Do you have real insight into the science behind IQ testing that qualifies you to make such a statement? ::)

considering my professor and his wife gives he tests and Ive helped in the process, yea I know alot about it

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2008, 05:24:25 PM »
considering my professor and his wife gives he tests and Ive helped in the process, yea I know alot about it

Well, its all about eating shit for dinner.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:33 PM »
Well, its all about eating shit for dinner.

I realize this has nothing to do with your point, but the diets of most westerners are "shit" compared to the diets of many more primitive people. 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »

I realize this has nothing to do with your point, but the diets of most westerners are "shit" compared to the diets of many more primitive people. 

Shit like in excess calories, fats, carbs and overprocessed crapfood.. yes. But lots of poor people around the world lacks sufficient nutrient for normal health and cognitive function in their diets. Lots of primitive fucks in the 3rd world are fucked up due to lack of vitamins and such.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2008, 05:49:39 PM »
Shit like in excess calories, fats, carbs and overprocessed crapfood.. yes. But lots of poor people around the world lacks sufficient nutrient for normal health and cognitive function in their diets. Lots of primitive fucks in the 3rd world are fucked up due to lack of vitamins and such.

I understood that...  I just felt the need to point out that despite our mastery of food production, our diets in many ways suck so bad that some (by no means all) primitive cultures eat far better than we do, all things considered.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2008, 05:54:01 PM »

I understood that...  I just felt the need to point out that despite our mastery of food production, our diets in many ways suck so bad that some (by no means all) primitive cultures eat far better than we do, all things considered.

Interestingly enough, Norwegians has never been as healthy as they were during the second world war, when access to unhealthy foods were extremely low. It seems like too much resources fucks up self discipline in the generations that did not have to fight for it, while fucking up peoples health as well.