Author Topic: 'My daughter deserved to die for falling in love'  (Read 9132 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: 'My daughter deserved to die for falling in love'
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 06:42:22 AM »
PWNED

Deedee, I honestly believe you have little knowledge on islam or christianity to make the comparisons you've made in this thread.

Who has been pwned? If you think it was I, then how so?

You seem to be very proud of your knowledge of islam, and no, I am not overly familiar with the texts. As far as christianity goes, more.  I don't really enjoy quoting scripture back and forth, it frankly bores me, and loco has already sucked me into a few of these time-wasters. I made a comment that 600 years ago our societies behaved in ways similar to theirs today. I've given you some choice examples of old world punishments, but there are dozens.  Marriages were arranged, children were hung for stealing bread, etc.  If you don't see those similarities, well then I suppose you don't.

You only picked up on my comment because your visceral hatred of Islam is so intense that you can't stomach even the slightest potentially critical comment regarding Judaism or Christianity, no matter how innocuous it is.  You did the same in calling me an apologist simply because I said a person of Jewish faith shouldn't have been dovening on a plane when told to sit.  It was simply a statement with no emotion or loyalties behind it at all. But that was your interpretation, based on your own emotions.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 07:32:18 AM »

You seem to be very proud of your knowledge of islam, and no, I am not overly familiar with the texts. As far as christianity goes, more.  I don't really enjoy quoting scripture back and forth, it frankly bores me, and loco has already sucked me into a few of these time-wasters. I made a comment that 600 years ago our societies behaved in ways similar to theirs today. I've given you some choice examples of old world punishments, but there are dozens.  Marriages were arranged, children were hung for stealing bread, etc.  If you don't see those similarities, well then I suppose you don't.

You only picked up on my comment because your visceral hatred of Islam is so intense that you can't stomach even the slightest potentially critical comment regarding Judaism or Christianity, no matter how innocuous it is.  You did the same in calling me an apologist simply because I said a person of Jewish faith shouldn't have been dovening on a plane when told to sit.  It was simply a statement with no emotion or loyalties behind it at all. But that was your interpretation, based on your own emotions.

Nordic's problem is that he does not approach Islam from a secular perspective and ignores the silliness, absurdity and former brutality of the other invented monotheisms.
I hate the State.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 07:57:26 AM »

You believe comparing islam with Christianity is a fair comparison?

Of course I see the similarities of cultural comparisons. Christianity doesn't as far as I am aware prescribe death to children that steal, the koran however does:

"the thief male, and female: cut off the hand of both, as a recompense of what they have earned, and a punishment exemplary from God; God is All-mighty All-wise."

Remember, the koran is supposed to be rectified as the source of all laws under islam. VERY different to Christianity.

Where's this quote about the Jew? If a jew started praying on a plane I was on I would almost be as pissed as it being a muslim.

Nordic's problem is that he does not approach Islam from a secular perspective and ignores the silliness, absurdity and former brutality of the other invented monotheisms.

I can discuss the absurdity of the beliefs of any religion, especially those with belief in an impossibility (a all-knowing, all-controlling "God").

It just appears that this thread is on the topic of possible influence from the ideology of islam, and can be discussed exclusive of that of Christianity.

The really boring thing about all this is the continual inclusion and comparison to Christianity 500 years ago.

A simply see islamic ideology as the current threat so that is why it receives most of my critical responce.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
I could not read past the stomping and suffocating his daughter.

Insert <Why Muslims should leave America thread>

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
I could not read past the stomping and suffocating his daughter.

Insert <Why Muslims should leave America thread>

It is against islamic law for a muslim women to have relations with a non-muslim.

His actions were prescribed by the ideology he subscribes to.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »
The culture of the people is why these heinous acts occur. The religion becomes the word to hide behind and offers it acceptance. The only way it will go away is if the customs change. These people have isolated and cut themselves off from the Western world, so the odds of that occurring are slim to none. The war hasn't and won't change anything.

The Western world changed dramatically since the days of the Inquisitors roaming around judging and torturing women with a copy of the Malleus Maleficarum as their morally righteous and religiously accepted guideline. Christian society's interpret the bible much differently today, as was pointed out, than they did 600 years ago. Our culture changed, became more civilized, less barbaric, though if it could be gotten away with legally I'd hate to see how far some of these religious zealots today would go. 

There are always those that want out of a culture and will get away. I have a neighbor who's one. Perhaps the military presence has given the strength to some of those that otherwise wouldn't have left, to leave, good for them. I'm sure however that most women of Islam are very happy and content. It's a part of them, their custom, their culture. They live by the guidelines of the Koran as Christian women do the commandments of the Bible. They live in their happy corner of the world and what happens in it is their business. If you don't want to see the instances of barbarism don't look.

Their culture has existed throughout the centuries without any need for the good judgement of the Western world and they certainly aren't asking for it now. It's not too dissimilar from the Amish, only they get a no-strings attached opportunity to walk away. Oddly enough almost all of them go back, yet none of the people who read this board would consider that lifestyle for a millisecond. It doesn't make any sense in our world and we wouldn't want any part of it. We would question these people endlessly about why, yet they're very content, perhaps more so than us educated, civilized folk.

It's an unfortunate, isolated incident and if she looked anything like my neighbor, Paul should've just taken himself a little Muslim chicka back to the Island   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2008, 01:25:06 PM »
The Western world changed dramatically since the days of the Inquisitors roaming around judging and torturing women with a copy of the Malleus Maleficarum as their morally righteous and religiously accepted guideline. Christian society's interpret the bible much differently today, as was pointed out, than they did 600 years ago.

Whoever pointed that out is wrong.  Christian societies did not interpret the bible much differently 600 years ago because they did not interpret the Bible at all.  It was forbidden by the Roman Catholic Church for anyone who wasn't a Church leader to own a Bible, it was forbidden for the people to read the Bible on their own, the Bible was read to the people in Latin only by Church leaders and it was forbidden to translate it.  The Inquisitions, Crusades, judging and torturing women was justified, not using the Bible, but using Roman Catholic Church dogma and traditions, which contradict the Bible.

I'm sure however that most women of Islam are very happy and content. It's a part of them, their custom, their culture. They live by the guidelines of the Koran as Christian women do the commandments of the Bible. They live in their happy corner of the world and what happens in it is their business. If you don't want to see the instances of barbarism don't look.

Their culture has existed throughout the centuries without any need for the good judgement of the Western world and they certainly aren't asking for it now. It's not too dissimilar from the Amish, only they get a no-strings attached opportunity to walk away. Oddly enough almost all of them go back, yet none of the people who read this board would consider that lifestyle for a millisecond. It doesn't make any sense in our world and we wouldn't want any part of it. We would question these people endlessly about why, yet they're very content, perhaps more so than us educated, civilized folk.

Good points. 

The Amish people still live in the past today, and they believe in the Bible laterally, but they don't go around killing their daughters in the name of the Gospel.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 02:13:44 AM »
Whoever pointed that out is wrong.  Christian societies did not interpret the bible much differently 600 years ago because they did not interpret the Bible at all.  It was forbidden by the Roman Catholic Church for anyone who wasn't a Church leader to own a Bible, it was forbidden for the people to read the Bible on their own, the Bible was read to the people in Latin only by Church leaders and it was forbidden to translate it.  The Inquisitions, Crusades, judging and torturing women was justified, not using the Bible, but using Roman Catholic Church dogma and traditions, which contradict the Bible.

The Proverbs are loaded with with proper ways and suggestions to torture and/or keep people in line with violence. If you want it to read otherwise, it had better be open to plenty of interpretation. You're drawing a very fine line between the Inquisitors, Crusaders etc., having the blessing and protection of the church and saying that the written word was interpreted with evil intent and the masses fed misinformation by the Church leaders of the time. Where does one end and the other begin?

Are the masses being fed misinformation, misled by the religious leaders of today? Is it possible?

The Amish people still live in the past today, and they believe in the Bible laterally, but they don't go around killing their daughters in the name of the Gospel.

I don't think this creature over in Iraq killed his daughter because of the Koran loco. It's a part of their custom and culture. He and others can hide behind the blessing of the Koran, the acceptance from their peers and the protection from criminal prosecution in their country to treat women and family members in this barbaric fashion. Fairly similar m/o as the Inquisitors for the most part, only I have a feeling the Friars family members were safe, but god forbid you lived in the next town and were an attractive young woman.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 05:37:53 AM »

Hence, you have the reason for the Reformation. People (when they read Scripture for themselves) found huge discrepancies, between what the Bible actually said and what the RCC claimed it said. When Gutenberg came up with his version of the printing press, he was able to "mass-produce" the Bible in the plain language of the people.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 05:29:02 AM »
Islam the religion of peace! ::)
X

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 06:17:58 AM »

Of course I see the similarities of cultural comparisons. Christianity doesn't as far as I am aware prescribe death to children that steal, the koran however does:

"the thief male, and female: cut off the hand of both, as a recompense of what they have earned, and a punishment exemplary from God; God is All-mighty All-wise."

Remember, the koran is supposed to be rectified as the source of all laws under islam. VERY different to Christianity.

If you look at the Levitical/Deuteronomical laws regarding theft (from the Bible), most of them emphasize giving restitution to the victim of theft (i.e. giving the victim two sheep for stealing one sheep; or being in servitude to the wronged party to pay off debt).

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »
It is against islamic law for a muslim women to have relations with a non-muslim.

His actions were prescribed by the ideology he subscribes to.

Yeah I know. Same goes for men also I think.

At the office, a mulim friend who is young fell in love with an American girl from Alabama (haha) and proposed to her, but he had to talk it over with his whole family and they did not approve and the guy was getting tormented by it, finally they relented he was cut from the family fortune or something and he married her.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2008, 03:30:36 AM »
Yeah I know. Same goes for men also I think.

At the office, a mulim friend who is young fell in love with an American girl from Alabama (haha) and proposed to her, but he had to talk it over with his whole family and they did not approve and the guy was getting tormented by it, finally they relented he was cut from the family fortune or something and he married her.

No, a muslim women CANNOT marry a non-muslim man.

A muslim man IS allowed to marry a non-muslim women.

This is simply expansion by demographics. As per the koran.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »
The culture of the people is why these heinous acts occur. The religion becomes the word to hide behind and offers it acceptance. The only way it will go away is if the customs change. These people have isolated and cut themselves off from the Western world, so the odds of that occurring are slim to none. The war hasn't and won't change anything.

The Western world changed dramatically since the days of the Inquisitors roaming around judging and torturing women with a copy of the Malleus Maleficarum as their morally righteous and religiously accepted guideline. Christian society's interpret the bible much differently today, as was pointed out, than they did 600 years ago. Our culture changed, became more civilized, less barbaric, though if it could be gotten away with legally I'd hate to see how far some of these religious zealots today would go. 

There are always those that want out of a culture and will get away. I have a neighbor who's one. Perhaps the military presence has given the strength to some of those that otherwise wouldn't have left, to leave, good for them. I'm sure however that most women of Islam are very happy and content. It's a part of them, their custom, their culture. They live by the guidelines of the Koran as Christian women do the commandments of the Bible. They live in their happy corner of the world and what happens in it is their business. If you don't want to see the instances of barbarism don't look.

It's an unfortunate, isolated incident and if she looked anything like my neighbor, Paul should've just taken himself a little Muslim chicka back to the Island   :)

Good post Count G.  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2008, 09:40:15 AM »

Where's this quote about the Jew? If a jew started praying on a plane I was on I would almost be as pissed as it being a muslim.

I suppose my views on cultural influences were already answered by Deicide and Count G. so don't need to go there.

I think the basic difference between christianity and islam is the latter's fatalistic approach which translates into... the more deaths the merrier.  Is that fair?

There are admonishments in the OT to put degenerate children to death, stone women who don't scream out when they're being raped, etc... as someone said, there are plenty of examples to be found.

The dovening jew comment was made on the Political board.

If you found my comment boring, and preferred this to be a thread with 100 comments on "islam sucks" why didn't you just say so instead of questioning my intelligence? 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »
I never said the Bible didn't say that, you're still not getting the POINT.

The POINT being the concept of the koran in comparison to that of the Bible.

The Bible doesn't assert itself in the same manner the koran does.

This is my point.

Can anyone disprove this fact? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية