Author Topic: Best/Worst Guest posers  (Read 2364 times)

Moosejay

Best/Worst Guest posers
« on: May 12, 2008, 05:03:48 PM »
This thread will either be long or not so long...

Good=not necessarily in the best shape, but good enough shape and also being cool and gentlemanly(much more important IMO)...interact with crowd, come out for encore, smooze with crowd...seem glad to be getting paid for it and glad to just be there

Bad=opposite of the above...coming in like a butterball...looking worse than the lowest placed competitor in  the amateur show that nite

Who are your best and worst guest posers?

From what I have seen...the best ever condition was was Paul-Jean Guillaume and Ron Coleman (the OTHER Coleman) and Mike Matarazzo.

Levrone, two years in a row at the Junior Nats in Hartford, well, he could really give a Rat's --- and at 300 lbs of flab, too. Would barely talk to anyone and I don't know why they had him back

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Best/Worst Guest posers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »
looks short

Moosejay

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 05:34:24 PM »
looks short

Yeah, like Chick says...ya know, the 'elevator and the shaft..'.. :-\

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
  Kinky Kamali has to be one of the worst, if not the worst.

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »
  Kinky Kamali has to be one of the worst, if not the worst.

He is not in shape, or does not give a darn, or both?

I thought he was quite the showman...

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »

http://malemuscle.8m.net/cgi-bin/i/images/p/05/0716/DSCN8451.jpg

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »
Matarazzo and Demayo the best. I think often guys with FREAKY bodyparts are the best guestposers. Markus Ruhl also. These guys have a big personalities that can get a crowd going. Johnnie Jackson and Chris Cook come to mind as guys that go on stage looking like garbage

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »

Ohh man...y'know...in that kinda pissy shape...you'd think they'd at least wear some spandex shorts or something....

Moosejay

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »
Matarazzo and Demayo the best. I think often guys with FREAKY bodyparts are the best guestposers. Markus Ruhl also. These guys have a big personalities that can get a crowd going. Johnnie Jackson and Chris Cook come to mind as guys that go on stage looking like garbage

yeah...I saw those bad pics of JOJ floating around a while back...or Sean Ray or Nasser...but yes, the Freaky bdypt guys...you are right...I don't think they have to be cut or ripped...just decent enough and their personalities/persona carry them and please the crowd

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »

Attention Pro's. Listen to Milos. there is no need to get FAT in the offseason. take a look at Dennis Wolf for example. Alot of guys look watery or bloated when they gain alot of mass (Phil Heath) however Kamali is clearly holding more than a layer of water. I hope he didn't get paid for that appearance.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »
Matarazzo had a little problem with his heart didn't he???Thank God it had Nothing to do with taking Gear.

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »
Attention Pro's. Listen to Milos. there is no need to get FAT in the offseason. take a look at Dennis Wolf for example. Alot of guys look watery or bloated when they gain alot of mass (Phil Heath) however Kamali is clearly holding more than a layer of water. I hope he didn't get paid for that appearance.

Unfortunately, he very likely did get paid for that

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »
Matarazzo had a little problem with his heart didn't he???Thank God it had Nothing to do with taking Gear.

Yes...a very major problem...but you do know that, don't you?>

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 06:12:20 PM »
dennis wolf is like dexter though, boost..the guys has a super fast natural metabolism; andi dont think its possible for him to get "fat" holding that much muscle.

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »
dennis wolf is like dexter though, boost..the guys has a super fast natural metabolism; andi dont think its possible for him to get "fat" holding that much muscle.

Maybe now...as he gets older, the fat will encroach

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 06:17:42 PM »
Sure Wolf has a fast metabolism, maybe a bad example, but i'm stressing the point that there is no need to get outright FAT. Kamali sounds like the type of guy who sees Ronnie at 300 pounds and thinks he can do the same when in reality he doesnt have the genetics to add muscle FAST. All he is doing is throwing on a load of Water/Fat weight and looking like garbage.

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »
Sure Wolf has a fast metabolism, maybe a bad example, but i'm stressing the point that there is no need to get outright FAT. Kamali sounds like the type of guy who sees Ronnie at 300 pounds and thinks he can do the same when in reality he doesnt have the genetics to add muscle FAST. All he is doing is throwing on a load of Water/Fat weight and looking like garbage.

I say the vacuum pose should be mandatory.

really.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 06:22:28 PM »
Paul Dillett was the worst guest poser EVER!!!  He came out and hit 8 poses (and looked like he was going to die doing it) and left.  Matarazzo, Levrone and Marcus Haley stand out as some of the best

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
Paul Dillett was the worst guest poser EVER!!!  He came out and hit 8 poses (and looked like he was going to die doing it) and left.  Matarazzo, Levrone and Marcus Haley stand out as some of the best

Strange...the two times I saw Levrone he was fat and 300...oh well...maybe just a bad run

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
I say the vacuum pose should be mandatory.

really.

then jay will win the olympia again and again
I am a mini beast

Moosejay

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »
then jay will win the olympia again and again

<Ahem>

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 06:55:25 PM »
how many of todays pros can do a possible vacumm.. or at least suck their gut in?

Dex can't, Vic can't, not sure about Dennis Wolf

but we've seen Jay tried that several times
I am a mini beast

Moosejay

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 07:06:31 PM »
how many of todays pros can do a possible vacumm.. or at least suck their gut in?

Dex can't, Vic can't, not sure about Dennis Wolf

but we've seen Jay tried that several times

We have?

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 07:15:10 PM »

Kamali was very entertaining.  I've seen Dorian and Fux and they were just big and had a holy shit factor, but they were not great guest posers.  Anybody can come out and hit a few most musculars and a few lat spreads, but to actually have a good routine that keeps the audience on the edge of its seats is amazing.  If you honestly think Kai or Dickerson or Labrada are boring, then you know nothing about posing.  If anyone saw Paris' routine at the 89 Arnold, that man told a story with his routine.  All these years later, his routine is the one that I remember.  A good poser should leave an impressio9n on your mind.  Dickerson in 1990 at the ASC, Ray in 87 and at the 94 O, Labrada at the 1992 O and Vince Taylor at the 1991 Olympia.  Hell, I can still remember watching John Brown at the 85 Olympia in Belgium having the entire crowd clapping.  Hate him or not, Kamali had the entire crowd at the 2001 Arnold waving their hands from side to side.  It was the most amazing thing i've seen.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »
We have?

yes..

well not actually like a Shawn Ray / Frank Zane vacumm (who does these days)
I am a mini beast