Author Topic: Is this what America is coming to?  (Read 7265 times)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Re: Is this what America is coming to?
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
You're the guy who tried to show a cost of living increase by using the min wage which makes up less than 2% of our population.  You're not a smart man.

You had to reply twice. Just stop, you're to easy. ;D

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2008, 07:46:38 PM »
Dude, it's more than that. High paying jobs are getting harder to find.

When high paying jobs are harder to find, the employees that prove themselves to be less expendable will continue to flourish.  
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2008, 07:47:46 PM »
Well, apparently they didn't teach you anything about simple arithmetic, reading comprehension or grammar. How in the hell have you "slipped through the cracks?"

You are getting dumber every post you make.  You might as well tell me to go to bed again, cause you haven't been able to debate the topic.  Where's your degree from?  

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »
You had to reply twice. Just stop, you're to easy. ;D
Supposed to be "too", Mark.  Speaking of grammar.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2008, 07:50:27 PM »
When high paying jobs are harder to find, the employees that prove themselves to be less expendable will continue to flourish.  

Don't argue with this guy Justin.  You're a self made guy.  He doesn't think people like you exist anymore.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »
You are getting dumber every post you make.  You might as well tell me to go to bed again, cause you haven't been able to debate the topic.  Where's your degree from? 

What would you like to debate? You trying debate something you know nothing about.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »
What would you like to debate? You trying debate something you know nothing about.
I've got a degree in economics and we're talking about the economy.  Reading comprehension?

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
No one goes wanting in this country without really trying. Our poorest are our fattest, and each has more cars, electronics, and essential brand-name urban wear/bling than the average African has food. Fuck the homeless.

And the dogs'll be fine, as soon as she sets them free.  

Exactly.  This is the reason we sit around and bitch about our foreign doctor, the foreign engineer that took our job, and the foreigner that took our (insert highly skilled position).  The sense of entitlement in America is saddening.  The "American dream" is as alive as ever, it is just no longer Americans that are willing to do the work in achieving it.

There is a great story in one of Richard Feynman's books.  He liked to have cab drivers drive him into the "heart" of the city.  They'd pick him up at a large physicist's convention and assume he would rather go to a "nice" part of town.  One particular trip involved a cab driver that lived in a particularly bad part of town.  They drove to his neighborhood and talked about some of the people there.  The cabbie pointed out one individual in a small shack who's son was in an American medical school.  THAT is what the American dream is about.  
The cabbie had a dream of opening a business.  (I don't remember what type).  His business plan?  He saved his money to buy lottery tickets.  As soon as he won the lotto, he was going to start up his business......

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »
I've got a degree in economics and we're talking about the economy.  Reading comprehension?

You do not have a degree in economics. You can't even calculate wages to inflation. ::)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »
You do not have a degree in economics. You can't even calculate wages to inflation. ::)
You obviously don't have a college degree, but i do have a BS in Economics from UF.   You used a horrible example.  Its a simple calculation, but a useless one.   Why can't you understand this?

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2008, 08:04:48 PM »
Exactly.  This is the reason we sit around and bitch about our foreign doctor, the foreign engineer that took our job, and the foreigner that took our (insert highly skilled position).  The sense of entitlement in America is saddening.  The "American dream" is as alive as ever, it is just no longer Americans that are willing to do the work in achieving it.

There is a great story in one of Richard Feynman's books.  He liked to have cab drivers drive him into the "heart" of the city.  They'd pick him up at a large physicist's convention and assume he would rather go to a "nice" part of town.  One particular trip involved a cab driver that lived in a particularly bad part of town.  They drove to his neighborhood and talked about some of the people there.  The cabbie pointed out one individual in a small shack who's son was in an American medical school.  THAT is what the American dream is about. 
The cabbie had a dream of opening a business.  (I don't remember what type).  His business plan?  He saved his money to buy lottery tickets.  As soon as he won the lotto, he was going to start up his business......

Justin, I respect your positive attitude. However, reality is, it's a tough job market and economy right now. Gas prices and food prices are at record highs. Millions of Americans have lost their homes and jobs due to very challenging economic conditions. It's not going to get better anytime soon.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2008, 08:04:54 PM »
Why are the same pathetic mutherfockers at the same offramps and intersections, day after day, week after week, month after month - sometimes years! - BEGGING? Yet ten feet away, an illegal is SELLING something to make ends meet.  

Better question. Why does America enable this:

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »
You obviously don't have a college degree, but i do have a BS in Economics from UF.   You used a horrible example.  Its a simple calculation, but a useless one.   Why can't you understand this?

We were talking about making a living on a low income. That part you didn't understand.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
Justin, I respect your positive attitude. However, reality is, it's a tough job market and economy right now. Gas prices and food prices are at record highs. Millions of Americans have lost their homes and jobs due to very challenging economic conditions. It's not going to get better anytime soon.

There are people who's lives aren't turning to shit.  What are they doing differently?  
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2008, 08:12:43 PM »
We were talking about making a living on a low income. That part you didn't understand.
Who was?  The title of the thread is "Is this what America is coming to"  You were talking about the overall health of the economy.  As I stated before less than 2% of Americans earn min wage and out of that more than 50 % are age 16-24.  So you made this whole thread to talk about how less than 1% of this country is having problems living in this economy.   Nice try.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
There are people who's lives aren't turning to shit.  What are they doing differently? 

You're right, I agree with. But you can't say the cost of gas, food and the massive amounts of job losses in this country hasn't affected many American family's.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »

That is just it.  
Low incomes suck, the minimum wage may as well be $0.  You can't function and thrive on 40 hours a week at $6 an hour.  

Thankfully there are thousands of technical schools offering flexible night classes.  Programs that cannot legally discriminate because of race, ethnicity, sex, or ugliness.   Less than 2 years in these programs can put ANYONE in a position to make upwards of $70 an hour in a variety of positions.  

The average ultrasound Tech in Santa Barbara makes $61,000 a year.  The higher end is over $100,000 a year.  
Americans are getting older, fatter, and more sedentary.  ANY medical position is going to be as secure of a job as you're going to find for the rest of this lady's life.  

"Improvise, adapt, overcome." -sgt. Highway
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2008, 08:20:53 PM »
Who was?  The title of the thread is "Is this what America is coming to"  You were talking about the overall health of the economy.  As I stated before less than 2% of Americans earn min wage and out of that more than 50 % are age 16-24.  So you made this whole thread to talk about how less than 1% of this country is having problems living in this economy.   Nice try.

I would have to go back and read your post. I really haven't read through them. You have been fun to fuck with.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »
Here is another link for you, dumbass.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/news/0805/gallery.real_people_gas/index.html

You are the most ignorant person I have seen online.

>:( That's my title!
a

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »
I would have to go back and read your post. I really haven't read through them. You have been fun to fuck with.
You bastard

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »
That is just it. 
Low incomes suck, the minimum wage may as well be $0.  You can't function and thrive on 40 hours a week at $6 an hour. 

Thankfully there are thousands of technical schools offering flexible night classes.  Programs that cannot legally discriminate because of race, ethnicity, sex, or ugliness.   Less than 2 years in these programs can put ANYONE in a position to make upwards of $70 an hour in a variety of positions. 

The average ultrasound Tech in Santa Barbara makes $61,000 a year.  The higher end is over $100,000 a year. 
Americans are getting older, fatter, and more sedentary.  ANY medical position is going to be as secure of a job as you're going to find for the rest of this lady's life. 

"Improvise, adapt, overcome." -sgt. Highway

The medical profession is the way go. People will always need heath care.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »

LIES LIES LIES...YOU ARE STILL WITH YOUR MUM....

Here is a little math for you...Work for ten dollars per hour for forty hours per week you get four hundred dollars...RIGHT!!!!...Where do you work where taxes are not taken out??? More like work forty hours per week and get 300 dollars if you are lucky. Take 250 dollars of that and maybe you can find a efficiency... now try and survive on 50 bucks per week. IN the case of this woman who is now homeless and 65 college is out of the question. BTW...I don't know what school you are attending that is so generous with grants, scholarships and federal loans...In case you are a 75 year old man living back in the days of WHEN...grants, scholarships and loans are just about a thing of the past. I had to help my sister pay for her nephew to go to college simply because the government grants and scholarships that he received on top of the bank loans was insufficient.... GREED has taken over college...even local and community colleges are expensive,  and they know there are no jobs available for those who graduate...at least not at a pay scale that is livable, so they are trying to make all of their money off of the enrollees. Soon everyone will be pretending to be a Mexican just to get a job.

BTW you have the same mentality as this woman...thinking that you will always be able to get over and that nothing will happen to you...you are the prime candidate for everything to happen top you and when it does just remember your comments about her

I disagree with you here.

There ARE jobs for college grads.  Not as sexy as they used to be, but you can still make a good living with a degree.  And if you go to college right, and go for the SKILLSET and not just a piece of paper, you'll have plenty of options when you graduate.  The world is more competitive, but some industries will never go away.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2008, 08:25:47 PM »
Inspirational!
I thought you said your bro was a pharmacists?

He was.  Then he shot a guy who tried to rob his pharmacy and then quit and moved.  Now he's bouncing around mgmt positions, just getting by.  Fcked up his head and derailed him bigtime.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »
I didn't know all that about you, nice work 240.

thanks man.  Life is about being happy, living comfy, and making good lives for your babies.  In 3 years when the rugrat starts school, I will either tackle law school or start a media company.  Until then, these are seriously the best days I've ever had :)