Author Topic: ESPN suggest conspiracy, kinda interesting...  (Read 5115 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
ESPN suggest conspiracy, kinda interesting...
« on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:54 AM »
what are the top 4 teams of the last 20 years?

Bulls- get #1 pick despite 1.7% chance.  May draft a mini-MJ this summer in hometown hero Rose (ala Cleveland beating odds to win hometown lebron's draft rights)
Knicks- new O-minded coach, will get LeBron when he's up for renewal.

Celtics-miraculously make the finals this year with giftwrapped 66 wins and 3-fecta of stars
Lakers- miraculously get Gasol and will coast to championship this year.

Do they have a case for conspiracy here?  There are hundreds of millions of dollars in play, and yes, a Celtics/Lakers finals, or a Lebron/Mike Beasley power fwd showdown in eastern conference finals ala the Jordan years, or the hometown hero of course, would sell more tickets than "ooooooh, Spurs win over Pistons, again..."

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: ESPN suggest conspiracy, kinda interesting...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:19:13 AM »

What if Chicago takes Beasley? 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:45:45 AM »
Who gives a shit? It's good for the NBA.

Do you honestly think the Spurs dominating every season is actually good?

The NBA has had a comeback season. After the King/Lakers thing died out, a lot of people stopped giving a shit about basketball. Now you've got the Celtics winnings for the first time since the 80's, and the Lakers doing well for the first time since loosing Shaq.

All the NBA needs is a fixed Knicks team, but that's probably impossible.  ;D

body88

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »
what are the top 4 teams of the last 20 years?

Bulls- get #1 pick despite 1.7% chance.  May draft a mini-MJ this summer in hometown hero Rose (ala Cleveland beating odds to win hometown lebron's draft rights)
Knicks- new O-minded coach, will get LeBron when he's up for renewal.

Celtics-miraculously make the finals this year with giftwrapped 66 wins and 3-fecta of stars
Lakers- miraculously get Gasol and will coast to championship this year.

Do they have a case for conspiracy here?  There are hundreds of millions of dollars in play, and yes, a Celtics/Lakers finals, or a Lebron/Mike Beasley power fwd showdown in eastern conference finals ala the Jordan years, or the hometown hero of course, would sell more tickets than "ooooooh, Spurs win over Pistons, again..."

Espn has become a gossip network. Danny Ainge had no outcome on trading for all of the players that came to the Celtics this year? The NBA waited 22 years to make the greatest basketball franchise ever relevant again, and did they conspire to make the Celtics land out of the top picks in 2007 when Oden and Durant were available? The celtics sucked in 2006! How about back in the day when the Celts could have had Duncan, and they got screwed. There was something like a 1% chance of them not getting the first pick, and the Spurs got it to take Duncan.

Also, how can espn claim the Celtics 66 wins were gift wrapped? The Celtics played great ball all year long, and they beat the best of the West on a regular basis. often times by large margins. They worked their butts off all year.

Anyone who knows sports, knows ESPN has become a gossip driven cesspool, catering to the casual fan who likes sensational headlines, and knows little about sports. That guy at the water cooler, who knows jack shit about sports, and talks about all the gossip he hears on ESPN is the guy they are going after.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:35:42 PM »
You say that yet ESPN are the New England area's biggest nut huggers when it comes to sports. I mean their headquarters are in Conneticut. They nuthug the Pats, they nuthug the Red Sox. And know the Celtics are the newest ESPN darlings.

Ever since the PATS became winners again, every headline during football season is about the PATS. It seemed like every week ESPN were running headlines about Belichik, Kraft, or whoever Tom Brady was fucking these days.

During baseball season, it's even worse with the Red Sox.

Of course winning has a lot do with it but holy shit, every time you turn on ESPN, it seems like they're talking about a Boston/New England team.  Too much exposure.

We get it, you guys are winners nowadays. Enough already.

body88

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:21:06 PM »
You say that yet ESPN are the New England area's biggest nut huggers when it comes to sports. I mean their headquarters are in Conneticut. They nuthug the Pats, they nuthug the Red Sox. And know the Celtics are the newest ESPN darlings.

Ever since the PATS became winners again, every headline during football season is about the PATS. It seemed like every week ESPN were running headlines about Belichik, Kraft, or whoever Tom Brady was fucking these days.

Of course winning has a lot do with it but holy shit, every time you turn on ESPN, it seems like they're talking about a Boston/New England team.  Too much exposure.

During the season ESPN gave the pats a ton of exposure because they where going undefeated, spygate and all the records they where setting. Do you think Joe Dirt from RI or Cali gives a shit about the ravens? Maybe a few years ago, but now in days ESPN is all about RATINGS. ESPN was also a leader when it came to SLAMMING the pats, and calling them out over every little thing. Running up the score, Spygate, Belichick, Brady, Wilfork, Hand Shakes, Dirty players - waaa, waa , waa.  Since the superbowl, ESPN has been highly critical of the Patriots at every chance they get. Bristol is Yankees/Giants country, and you would be hard pressed to find many pats or sox fans in that part of CT.

The Redsox are getting the same kind of attention the Yankees got when they won all those championships.Winning has everything to do with it, why would ESPN - ( who is all about ratings) talk about teams like the Royals? ESPN is not about parody or sports anymore, it's about ratings. The Redsox deserve all the attention they are getting.

You cannot ignore what Boston sports teams have been doing, and if other teams are sick of Boston sports teams they should start beating them. The Giants did it, and they are getting a lot of attention these days. They had a lot to begin with, and the argument could be made that Bristol is Giants country, and that's why. Boston hates ESPN, and many of us feel that ESPN is always trying to drum up drama regarding the teams we like.

The country has animosity towards Boston teams for one reason. They are sick of seeing them win all the time. It happened to the Cowboys, the Celtics, The Yankees, and it will happen to the next dynastys in sports. It's no more comlicated than that. Plain and simple, the media - ( and the public) wants to cut you down when you are on top for an extended period of time, It happens with ALL great teams.

In 10 years, everyone will hate some other city, and all thier teams.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »
ESPN sucks dick. I used to watch it all the time. Now I can barely make it through five minutes before I realize how retarded it's become.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:20:23 PM »
no conspiracy, they use the same system every year, and you never know the first 3 picks maybe traded like Chris webber and Penny hardaway, i still want to see Oden play

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 05:25:50 PM »
ESPN sucks dick. I used to watch it all the time. Now I can barely make it through five minutes before I realize how retarded it's become.

I'd say that too if my yankees sucked

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »

I'd say that too if my yankees sucked

Hahaha, funny coming from a Chargers fan. What did they accomplish last year? Oh, that's right. NOTHING.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 05:37:35 PM »
Hahaha, funny coming from a Chargers fan. What did they accomplish last year? Oh, that's right. NOTHING.

stop stealing my material asshole

You should stop buying your shirts from Kids R' Us.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »

stop stealing my material asshole

When did you say that? Today was the first time I've seen that and it was comedic gold.

I don't recall you ever using that line but regardless, I've had a bunch of lines stolen on here. "Welcome to the Thunderdome, bitch" was first used by me in an ode to Mad Max and it has been successfully used by millions of Getbiggers.

I'm a trendsetter. You're a limp dicked old man.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
When did you say that? Today was the first time I've seen that and it was comedic gold.

I don't recall you ever using that line but regardless, I've had a bunch of lines stolen on here. "Welcome to the Thunderdome, bitch" was first used by me in an ode to Mad Max and it has been successfully used by millions of Getbiggers.

I'm a trendsetter. You're a limp dicked old man.

been using that line for the last 7 years around here

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »

been using that line for the last 7 years around here

I guess you're just not notable enough for me to have noticed that. I think my perfect use of it today warrants ownership going to me. Sorry old timer. Perhaps "Depends R' Us" or "Tapioca and Beef Paste" are lines more suited for a senior citizen such as yourself.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:51 PM »

Also, how can espn claim the Celtics 66 wins were gift wrapped?

I dont think they actually did..when did they say that?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »
I guess you're just not notable enough for me to have noticed that. I think my perfect use of it today warrants ownership going to me. Sorry old timer. Perhaps "Depends R' Us" or "Tapioca and Beef Paste" are lines more suited for a senior citizen such as yourself.

you're such a gay/homo/fag !

I respect your opinion. You definitely know your shit.

it's like you've been neutered ....

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »

you're such a gay/homo/fag !

it's like you've been neutered ....

Hard to talk shit when those cocksucking Yanks get smacked around by the METS.  >:(

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 05:35:50 AM »
Hard to talk shit when those cocksucking Yanks get smacked around by the METS.  >:(

Well at least the Mets are back to getting their asses handed to them by the Braves :)

...and Arod was robbed of a second home run,robbed I say! >:(

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 09:26:43 AM »

HAHAHAAA EAT IT!!! LESTER PITCHES A NO HITTER, MUSSINA GOES 2/3 GIVING UP 9 RUNS LOOOL!!! MONSTER 105.30 ERA!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »
HAHAHAAA EAT IT!!! LESTER PITCHES A NO HITTER, MUSSINA GOES 2/3 GIVING UP 9 RUNS LOOOL!!! MONSTER 105.30 ERA!!!

Judging by my avatar, you must have me pegged as a Yankees fan, right? ::)

Stupid idiot....My Orioles banged out 7 runs in the first inning the other night against the Yankees. Not to mention a recent two game sweep over your Red Sox.

Go choke on some clam chowdaaaaaaa and go eat a dick.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »
not sure?